PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds

DeSiFeR
2007-08-01, 04:17 PM
Hello folks,

Soon I'll be starting a M&M game with a group of friends at my local gaming store, and the setting is a old fashioned 4-color comic book (I.E. Superman, Wonderwoman ect.) Where Hero's don't really kill any of the bad guys. A real SMACK, ZOOM, POW kind of campaign. So I wanted to know what type of characters all of you would think would be fun to play, and suggestions about Evil Villains and maybe NPC heroes.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-01, 09:44 PM
Dr. Lemon. He wears a yellow business suit, and he has a small gang of people in plush fruit costumes, the citrus squad. They get the stuffing beat out of them constantly.

General Fist. Big stupid guy, occasionally tries to fire rockets into space to take out satellites but the whole operation is pretty pathetic and half the time the things never even make it off the ground. Even if they do it almost always hurts him more than anyone else.

Obviously neither are exactly threats.

Kind of more anti heros, but back in those days they didn't exist, so no problem.

Workatron, the communist robot. About the only really original thing about the guy is the name Workatron. He has attacks like "Hammer of the People" and "Flames of the Revolution". You can decide if you want him to be a project where they cheaped out on the armor or not, but certainly they would never, ever cheap out on weapons. He may or may not be powered by a somewhat unreliable nuclear reactor.

Lord X (I've been meaning to give the guy a better name). The guy is a master mind, but he's not really interested in ruling the world. He just stages elaborate pranks to make people look bad. Most of the guys plans are designed intentionally to fail, because he's mostly just doing all this to mess with people. No super powers, but he's able to make great use of what he has. This is kind of the days before computers were prominent, so not a lot of money to be made by hacking. So he'd make most of the money through stock investment, and theft.

AlterForm
2007-08-01, 10:59 PM
Evil Overlord Rules (http://minievil.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html)

Read them.

Learn them.

Forget them.

Matthew
2007-08-02, 08:24 PM
Hard to say. I suppose it might be fun to play a Samurai who focuses on Unarmed Combat or something.

AlterForm
2007-08-02, 09:16 PM
Oh, as for what I'd like to play...I only ever managed to play two sessions of M+M (I was the only one besides to guy who introduced us to it to like it in my group). However, I wanted to play a guy who focused on a combination of teleportation power and unarmed combat.

He'd be like POW, then BAMF, then BIFF-BAM, then POOF, then SMACK, BOFF, KAPOW! :smallbiggrin:

puppyavenger
2007-08-02, 09:51 PM
How about

Creature a being from another dimension, he initialy apeared in a recording of mythologacly and movie nsters fighting each other. He watched it and
came to the conclusion that this was the world was actualy likeso he radnomly picked a monster and began rempaging around the city. As heros came to rove him off his body disolved so he picked another one and tried again.

goals nclude rampaging around and finding any pictures of monsters so he ca duplucate it later.

Beleriphon
2007-08-03, 05:10 PM
My suggestion would be to include the Kommie Krusher in a modern day game. He's a Cold War spy that was frozen in Russia during the 60s and woke up sometime in the last five years. Escaping Russia he builds a giant robot out of old T34 part to aid in his escape. Back in the USA he's having a hard time adapting to the modern world. He'd make a really good NPC contact, slightly off kilter but he's trying to do the right thing.

Also check out the Mutants and Masterminds forums at www.atomicthinktank.com. The Roll Call (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/index.php?sid=8e1f8eaaade95c77af0b2efc5a4a989e) forum has a tone of threads where the posts put their own original characters, or do their interpretation of old classics.