PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Conclave of the Marshall

Rerem115
2017-05-20, 04:10 PM
Got into an argument with a friend over which class would make a better Old West marshall. He said paladin, I said ranger. Anyway, that got me thinking, and I got bored and designed this conclave.

None Escape the Law--Level 3
When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can reduce its movement speed by 15 feet until the end of its next turn. Additionally, you make opportunity attacks with advantage.

Extra Attack--Level 5
When you take the Attack action, you can make an additional attack.

Deputize--Level 7
You have advantage on Charisma checks made to convince creatures to join forces with you in order to enforce the law. Additionally, you can touch a willing creature and expend a spell slot in order to give them the benefits of None Escape the Law. They gain those benefits for 1 hour if you expend a 1st level spell slot or higher, 8 hours if you expend a 3rd level slot or higher, or 24 hours if you expend a 5th level spell or higher.

Swift Justice--Level 11
When you hit a creature that has had its movement speed reduced to zero by None Escape the Law with a weapon attack, you deal an additional 1d8 damage. Additionally, when a creature within your weapon range misses you with an attack, you can make an attack against them as a reaction.

True Grit--Level 15
Once per short rest, you can add your proficiency bonus to any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check.

Any thoughts? I'm not entirely sold on the 3rd and 15th level features; I want the 7th and 11th to stay about the same (spread bonuses to allies, gain bonuses for doing so), but any suggestions for the first ability and the capstone would be appreciated.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-05-20, 09:43 PM
For the level 3 ability...

What about extending Favored Enemy to cover "lawbreakers" and creatures of chaos? As a bonus, that gets you nice tracking stuff
What about a disarm ability like the Battle Master maneuver, so you can shoot the guns out of evil-doer's hands? (And suchlike)
What about the ability to use a lasso to hog-tie people? Working kind of like an upgraded net, perhaps? Or a grapple with ~10ft reach?