PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Genericist Gestalt Support Class

JNAProductions
2017-05-25, 05:03 PM
For use with these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492255-Talore-s-3-5e-homebrew-and-houserule-compendium).

The Genericist

Level
Special

Universal feats, Heroic Resolve, Bonus Feat

Bonus Feat

Improved Heroic Resolve

Bonus Feat

Special Bonus Feat

Greater Heroic Resolve

Bonus Feat

Bonus Feat

Master Heroic Resolve

Special Bonus Feat

Bonus Feat

Greater Master Heroic Resolve

Bonus Feat

Bonus Feat

Special Bonus Feat

Bonus Feat

Bonus Feat

Perfected Heroic Resolve

Bonus Feat

Special Bonus Feat

This is only to be used as a gestalted class. It gives +4 skill points per level and any 7 skills as class skills. It gives poor BAB and saves.

Universal Feats-When using the gestalt support classes module, every creature gains the following feats without needing to meet their prerequisites: Brutal Throw (cadv), Combat Expertise, Combat Intuition (cadv), Eschew Materials, Goad (cadv), Improved Shield Bash, Intimidating Strike (ph2), Power Attack, Power Shot (*), Power Throw (cadv), Two-weapon Fighting, and Weapon Finesse. There is no need to record these on your character sheet as they have been universally incorporated into the rules. You count as having these feats when determining prerequisites for feats or prestige classes.

Heroic Resolve-You gain 10 points towards your maximum HP.

Improved Heroic Resolve-You gain an additional 10 points towards your maximum HP and a +2 bonus to any one stat.

Greater Heroic Resolve-You gain an additional 10 points towards your maximum HP and a +2 bonus to any one stat (this must be a different stat from your Improved Heroic Resolve bonus).

Master Heroic Resolve-You gain an additional 10 points towards your maximum HP and a +2 bonus to any one stat (this must be a different stat from your other Heroic Resolve bonuses).

Greater Master Heroic Resolve-You gain an additional 10 points towards your maximum HP and a +2 bonus to any one stat (this must be a different stat from your other Heroic Resolve bonuses).

Perfected Heroic Resolve-You gain an additional 10 points towards your maximum HP and a +2 bonus to your last two stats that have not yet received bonuses.

Bonus Feat-You gain any one bonus feat from the list below. You must meet its prerequisites.

Acrobatic
Agile
Alertness
Animal Affinity
Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, or Heavy)
Athletic
Deceitful
Deft Hands
Diehard
Diligent
Endurance
Great Fortitude
Improved Initiative
Improved Toughness
Investigator
Iron Will
Lightning Reflexes
Magical Aptitude
Negotiator
Nimble Fingers
Persuasive
Run
Self-Sufficient
Shield Proficiency
Skill Focus
Stealthy
Toughness
Tower Shield Proficiency

Any [Luck] feat

Special Bonus Feat-You gain any feat as a bonus feat. You must meet its prerequisites.

The Blade Wolf
2017-05-28, 03:21 AM
I actually have a suggestion for the Geneticist's Feat Pool. A Pathfinder specific suggestion.

Pathfinder tends to build their characters with a lot of flexibility. With most having some method of picking out choices from a small (or large) pool of talents. In reflection to this, there is a LOT of feats in Pathfinder that begin with 'Extra'. As in 'Extra Rogue Talent', 'Extra Mercy' or 'Extra Discovery'. Whilst these feats are not actually generic, like the Genericist claims to be. I feel that the open and flexible nature of the Genericist, actually fit extremely well with those 'Extra X' feats from Pathfinder, as it helps the Genericist be the 'Support everything' class that you want it to be.

FearlessGnome
2017-05-28, 08:01 AM
The Luck feats from Complete Scoundrel offer various benefits that use up one or two points of 'Luck'. Each feat also gives you a point of Luck. Most of them allow you to reroll a particular kind of skill check or a save or forces an opponent to reroll a critical confirmation check, etc. So the more Luck feats you have, the more different things you can spend them on. Some days you might not have to Hide even once, but you could still use the Luck point from the reroll Hide feat to force an opponent to reroll an attack roll. They are not in the SRD, so I shouldn't link to a place where you can read all of them, but I think it's fair game to quote one or two of the feats to show the general gist of them.

Lucky Catch [Luck]
Your good fortune can help prevent you from falling to
your doom .
Benefit: You can expend one luck reroll as an immediate
action to reroll a Balance, Climb, or Jump check .
You gain one luck reroll per day .

Good Karma [luCk]
You can use your luck to aid an ally—at the risk of your
own neck.
Prerequisite: Character level 3rd .
Benefit: You can expend one luck reroll as an immediate
action to redirect an attack made against an adjacent ally
so that it is made against you instead . You must be within
reach of the attacker (if a melee attack) or within range of
the attack (if a ranged attack) in order to use this ability .
The attack roll result remains the same, but it is against
your AC, rather than that of your ally . If the redirected
attack hits you, you take an extra 50% damage from it .
You gain one luck reroll per day .

Individually most of them are quite situatonal, but you can find some that are decent for pretty much any class. They don't see much use because they take up so many feats and there are usually better benefits to be found elsewhere, but I rather like them and think they would be a good fit for the Genericist. And I certainly would pick up a few if they were in the pool.

The complete list of the feat names without descriptions is:
Advantageous Avoidance
Better Lucky than Good
Dumb Luck
Fortuitous Strike
Good Karma
Healer’s Luck
Lucky Break
Lucky Catch
Lucky Fingers
Lucky Start
Magical Fortune
Make Your Own Luck
Miser’s Fortune
Psychic Luck
Sly Fortune
Survivor’s Luck
Tempting Fate
Third Time’s the Charm
Unbelievable Luck
Victor’s Luck

JNAProductions
2017-05-28, 09:12 AM
Yeah, those seem appropriate.

The Blade Wolf
2017-05-28, 09:15 AM
Yeah, those seem appropriate.

If I may, what about my suggestion?

JNAProductions
2017-05-28, 09:19 AM
If I may, what about my suggestion?

That I'm a lil' more hesitant to add. This is meant to be generic, and WEAKER than the other, more specific support classes. It's balanced out by the Ability bumps, extra HP, and extra skills methinks, though.

The Blade Wolf
2017-05-28, 09:21 AM
Very well. The choice is yours.

AmberVael
2017-05-28, 03:35 PM
How about including the skill trick feats from Complete Scoundrel? They're not terribly powerful, but they could be fun and interesting.
I think the complete list is:

Cool Head
Freerunner
Sure Hand
Sweet Talker

Each one just gives you two skill tricks and increases your skill trick limit by 1.

Open Minded (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#openMinded) also seems like it would be fair. 5 skill points is definitely not breaking anything.

javcs
2017-05-31, 09:50 AM
I'll second adding skill trick feats and Open Minded.

As for adding "Extra X" as a Pathfinder thing ... I'd say that it'd probably be okay - while adding "Extra X" to the bonus feat lists is a straight upgrade over not having them, it would not, IMO, be in some way "too strong" or imbalanced.
For that matter, for a Pathfinder game, the specific support classes would probably get "Extra X" added to their bonus feat lists as well, or, at least, should get them added. Perhaps mention doing so as an option in an addendum or footnote, if you don't want it as a standard thing.

FearlessGnome
2017-06-01, 03:13 PM
Along the same line of thinking as "Extra X", there are a lot of racial feats that can only be taken by specific races. In Pathfinder especially, but to some degree in 3.5 as well. Maybe add 'Racial feats' to the list?