PDA

View Full Version : Demogorgon Vs lamashtu

Alpha Saiyan
2017-05-30, 11:36 AM
Who do yall think would win, the mother of monsters or the prince of demons.
fight takes place in a neutral pocket dimension, this is a fight to the death. (ps. sorry i cant stat them, im rather inexperienced at it.)

ATHATH
2017-05-30, 11:49 AM
Which edition?

Pex
2017-05-30, 11:52 AM
Will Lamashtu be casting Fireball or Protection Spell?

ComaVision
2017-05-30, 12:07 PM
For D&D 3.5e:

Demogorgon is CR 23. Lamashtu is not detailed but Pazuzu (CR 22) put out her eyes and has imprisoned her.

Therefore Demogorgon (CR 23) > Pazuzu (CR 22) > Lamashtu.

Alpha Saiyan
2017-05-30, 02:04 PM
did he do that while she was a god? also it was 3.5 demogorgon, i was hoping to convert him to pathfinder but i dont know how.

Honest Tiefling
2017-05-30, 02:11 PM
For some reason, I think if you put the DnD Demogorgon near the Pathfinder Lamashtu they might go out on a date. I don't know why, but I think they'd get along nicely. Sure, they'd probably fight a bit and wreck a few mortal planes as flirting, but I don't see any reason this couldn't occur.

Besides, as demons, the chances of them melding together or Lamashtu becoming another spilt personality of Demogorgon or Lamashtu giving birth to Demogorgon along the way as also quite probable things.

Psyren
2017-05-30, 02:23 PM
Depends heavily on setting/system. In 3.5 it would probably go down as ComaVision described. In Pathfinder she is a major deity and so will wipe her nether regions with him.

Alpha Saiyan
2017-05-30, 02:52 PM
thing is i cant help but think of this as being in my own setting, i use pf rules but mostly follow 3.5 lore. where demogorgon should be roughly equivalent to asmodius. but if that were the case in pf, that'd make hi probably more powerful than lamashtu, being that asmodius is pretty much the god of evil. but in my world asmodius is not a god, but is close enough to one, there for demogorgon is equivalent to a god, but id rather not get into all that crap. so if its 3.5 demogorgon would wipe the floor with lamashtu, but if we lean closer to pf lamashtu would piss on him. so its a difficult question.

Honest Tiefling
2017-05-30, 02:55 PM
Here's an odd thought: Does it matter for your plot? Most PCs aren't of a level where they could get a clear answer, and I doubt even gods would have perfect information on the Abyss.

Or you could take the lazy route. They're currently fighting. Whose winning? Hard to tell. How long is it going to take? Apparently, they are fighting a war of attrition, due to Lamashtu's tactics and Demogorgon's particular brand of crazy. Could take centuries, really.

ComaVision
2017-05-30, 02:59 PM
Demons, including princes and other titles, are weaker than deities. If Lamashtu is a deity to you, then Demogorgon is weaker unless you make him a deity too.

Alpha Saiyan
2017-05-30, 03:01 PM
Was more of just a personal inquiry, but i had considered making this a plot point for a campaign sometime.

Alpha Saiyan
2017-05-30, 05:52 PM
i know they are weaker but are on some level comparable, at least in my mind, otherwise they wouldnt be a threat and would've been eradicated a long time ago.

Psyren
2017-05-30, 05:57 PM
i know they are weaker but are on some level comparable, at least in my mind, otherwise they wouldnt be a threat and would've been eradicated a long time ago.

Demons haven't been eradicated because they have limitless backup, and the good gods are too busy with the evil ones. Devils meanwhile haven't been eradicated because of the Pact Primeval.

Again though, this all heavily depends on your setting choice.

Clistenes
2017-05-30, 06:01 PM
They hook up and have the ugliest babies ever... which they may or may not eat right after birth...

Alpha Saiyan
2017-05-30, 06:03 PM
its my own head cannon. devils and demons have always been at each others throats, asmodius leading hell (baator) and the leader of the abyss is debatable, between demogorgon and lamashtu, lamashtu has power but demogorgon refuses to kneel, and recently a new comer has joined the fray: roxio/foxite, the god(s) of destruction and reincarnation respectively, he wants to rule hell and despises demons and therefor fights a war on 2 fronts just the others.