PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking rule-set for a half-remembered Evolution RPG

Don Beegles
2017-06-11, 02:03 PM
Many and many a year ago, by a kingdom on the sea...or well, here,... I was in several play-by-post games of a really neat rules system that I believe was called Evolution. I've scoured my brains, google, and my past posts, but have had no luck tracking down the rules. I'd be grateful to any kind soul who could point me in the right direction.

The players were divided up into creatures and gods. Creatures started at a pretty basic, animalistic level, and got a certain number of points per turn to invest in physical ability, magic, or culture and technology. Gods had power over a certain domain, and could expand their abilities by persuading the various creatures to worship them. The DM's job was to create challenges for the young species in the early game and then mediate the incessant conflicts once the players came in contact with each other.

is there anyone still around who might remember this? The rules were posted on some clunky wordpress or geocities site that likely vanished long ago. Alternately, is there any currently extant system out there that would make a similar experience, without a massive overhaul?

SirBellias
2017-06-11, 07:21 PM
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about, though I did participate in this for a while: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?473980-Evolution-In-The-Playground-Season-8

The players took the role of guiding the creatures through the evolutionary process and various other conflicts. It was fun, but probably isn't exactly what you were looking for.

Good luck!

Don Beegles
2017-06-12, 03:04 AM
That thread looks pretty cool, but yeah, it's not exactly what I was thinking of. Unfortunately, that system probably evaporated into the aether ca. 2009, but if there's anyone who happens to have a file of the rules, it'll be here.