PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need a Second Opinion here.....

Haiiro_okami
2017-06-18, 08:03 PM
Hello! I recently got started with a Pathfinder one-shot (maybe a two-shot) where the DM is pretty intent on us being pretty low-power (15 point-buy, basic equipment only with maybe a few trinkets here and there, and 2 traits) for a heist. I was planning on playing a Kitsune Mesmerist for the first time and got the okay on a house-rule giving Kitsune the same favored class bonus for mesmerist as they get for sorceror (+1/4 DC on enchantment spells they cast). I'm planning on being the party face (charisma as a primary stat and bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate as class skills help there) with battlefield control. I've pretty much got the selection of Mesmerist Tricks, spells, feats, and traits selected....which unfortunately leaves me with the most important thing of all left over: Stats!

I'm not much of a min-maxer (used to rolling stats admittedly) so I *really* need to try and get the best array I can here, unfortunately I've got 15 points to play with.....(that and I'm still debating taking a level of Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) in order to get some more combat power)

I very badly could use a second opinion as to what to go with for stats.....at the moment I'm thinking 15s in both Dex and Charisma and just average stats for pretty much everything else (maybe dump strength even more to boost one or the other) and taking any and all levelup stat points and dropping them straight into charisma

Feats: Improved Initiative, Spell Focus (enchantment), Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment)
Traits: Reactionary and Charming (am tempted to abuse cheese to take adopted (human) and use it to get a bonus feat, but that will likely piss the DM off)
Replacing Agile racial trait with Gregarious.

Geddy2112
2017-06-18, 10:21 PM
Looks pretty solid.

CHA is your most important stat for sure. Dex is up there, but I would argue con would be slightly more important. You have strong reflex saves and proficiency with light armor so you are not helpless when it comes to AC. However, with a d8 hit dice and weak fort saves con comes next. With 6 skills/level, you only need more than 10 int if you really want to skillmonkey. With strong will saves and the ability to add charisma to will saves, dump wisdom altogether. You only need enough strength to wear and carry your armor and a handy haversack

If you really want to minmax, I would go with 5/16/14/10/7/19, boosting charisma with all ability score increases. Belt dex only and headband charisma only. It is just enough strength to wear mithril chain and have a handy haversack, so if your DM is enforcing encumbrance rules(and/or you are starting super low level) you probably want to bump strength to 7 and charisma down to 18.

You can get more help in the 3.X forum

Haiiro_okami
2017-06-19, 04:08 AM
Looks pretty solid.

CHA is your most important stat for sure. Dex is up there, but I would argue con would be slightly more important. You have strong reflex saves and proficiency with light armor so you are not helpless when it comes to AC. However, with a d8 hit dice and weak fort saves con comes next. With 6 skills/level, you only need more than 10 int if you really want to skillmonkey. With strong will saves and the ability to add charisma to will saves, dump wisdom altogether. You only need enough strength to wear and carry your armor and a handy haversack

If you really want to minmax, I would go with 5/16/14/10/7/19, boosting charisma with all ability score increases. Belt dex only and headband charisma only. It is just enough strength to wear mithril chain and have a handy haversack, so if your DM is enforcing encumbrance rules(and/or you are starting super low level) you probably want to bump strength to 7 and charisma down to 18.

You can get more help in the 3.X forum

Yeah....about that last bit... (I have no idea) we basically get stuck with our basic gear and whatever trinkets, nothing more. At best we get a magic item of the DM's choice (I don't like this...) if our backstory adds elements to the world. I'm gonna ask encumbrance rules are in effect, and while I'm nervous about dumping wisdom (it doesn't really matter all that much considering the will saves I've got courtesy of the baseline plus Towering Ego....tho if I fail even one save....)

Edit-
DM told me she applies the same rules I'm used to for encumbrance (basically just "don't be stupid") but that she'd rule a 5 in strength "invalid level weak" and treat it as such) stat array from changes (unless I'm wrong in my counting of course)

Current Stat array:
7/16/14/10/8/18