PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Sacred Prostitute (feat) - for worshippers of Ishtar, Aphrodite, Gargauth, Graz'zt...

rferries
2017-06-25, 10:58 PM
Sacred Prostitute
You worship a deity of love or passion, and have been granted divine protection from some of the hazards typically encountered in the course of your priestly duties.

Prerequisites
Cleric level 1st, Charm domain or worship of a deity whose portfolio includes love or passion.

Benefits
You may proselytise as intimately as you wish. You are immune to contact and injury diseases.

You need not fear alcohol nor illicit substances nor tampered drinks as you work your flock. You are immune to the harmful effects of ingested and injury poisons and drugs (you retain any benefits however, such as the euphoria from alcohol use).

Your consent in matters of the heart (and flesh) is always freely given. You are immune to charm and compulsion effects.

Special
If you worship a nonevil deity, you lose the benefits of Sacred Prostitute if you use a charm or compulsion effect to lure another creature into an act of passion. If you worship an evil deity, you lose the benefits of this feat if you lure a creature into an act of passion without using a charm or compulsion effect on that creature. In either case, you may regain the benefits of this feat via atonement.

JNAProductions
2017-06-25, 11:12 PM
Immunity to charm seems really powerful for one feat.

Also, you HAVE to use Charms/Compulsions if you're evil? That's pretty stupid evil.

rferries
2017-06-25, 11:32 PM
Yes many powerful benefits, but it's a narrow enough prerequisite I think, plus it costs a whole feat. Remember also that clerics already have great Will (and Fort) saves so it's arguably redundant.

The evil deities abhor consensual intercourse, apparently :D I added it in because I felt good deities would restrict you from magicking people into being love-slaves, so there had to be a symmetrical limitation for evil clerics. However the whole "special" thing could be deleted if it's too clunky, or simplified to consensual vs nonconsensual (regardless of whther it's via magic, Intimidate, etc.). It's really just a flavour feat so I'm not going to put too much energy into revising it.

khadgar567
2017-06-26, 11:50 PM
Yes many powerful benefits, but it's a narrow enough prerequisite I think, plus it costs a whole feat. Remember also that clerics already have great Will (and Fort) saves so it's arguably redundant.

The evil deities abhor consensual intercourse, apparently :D I added it in because I felt good deities would restrict you from magicking people into being love-slaves, so there had to be a symmetrical limitation for evil clerics. However the whole "special" thing could be deleted if it's too clunky, or simplified to consensual vs nonconsensual (regardless of whther it's via magic, Intimidate, etc.). It's really just a flavour feat so I'm not going to put too much energy into revising it.

nice feat mate but we can cut must have love domain part in good old days thats the job of some nuns

rferries
2017-06-27, 12:23 AM
nice feat mate but we can cut must have love domain part in good old days thats the job of some nuns

Ha no need for "true" love, you can just worship a god of physical passion like Sune or Grazzt instead. The prereqs are meant to be relatively flexible.

khadgar567
2017-06-27, 02:28 AM
By the way i am sniping this for my own setting

rferries
2017-06-27, 03:11 AM
Help yourself! I'm glad it appeals.