PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Overseer (Base Class Homebrew)

nyee
2017-06-30, 03:10 PM
Looking for some feedback on a class I've been working on. I'm new to designing classes and such for 5e, so I could use some help fine tuning it.

The concept is a battlemage that learns and protects the magical harmony of both arcane and divine magic. I'm working on balancing and how it would alance with mulitclassing as well. I also could use a LOT of help with the spell list.

Hope you enjoy the concept. Looking forward to helpful critiques and feedback!

The Overseer Base Class (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkulzkNVW)

DKayro
2017-07-01, 09:15 PM
Overall, I really like the concept. These are a few quick thoughts. I'm a bit tired but will have more in time, I hope.

I'm not sure how useful the resistance to radiant damage is compared to resistance on necrotic. I also wonder about why the divine wouldn't be resistant to necrotic as well. My suggestion, but it may be too strong, would be to give both necrotic and radiant to divine. I'd give the arcane something more "traditionally" arcane, like Fire or Force, or a combination of those?

Other things. I like the fighting style choices and having one for spell casting. The blade and book archetypes are nice. I noticed some places where it seems the class may have been a full caster. For example you say in a green text box that at level 9 they have 5th level spells. This is clearly not the case, but it looks like it was in a previous edition perhaps?

nyee
2017-07-02, 01:03 PM
Overall, I really like the concept. These are a few quick thoughts. I'm a bit tired but will have more in time, I hope.

I'm not sure how useful the resistance to radiant damage is compared to resistance on necrotic. I also wonder about why the divine wouldn't be resistant to necrotic as well. My suggestion, but it may be too strong, would be to give both necrotic and radiant to divine. I'd give the arcane something more "traditionally" arcane, like Fire or Force, or a combination of those?

Other things. I like the fighting style choices and having one for spell casting. The blade and book archetypes are nice. I noticed some places where it seems the class may have been a full caster. For example you say in a green text box that at level 9 they have 5th level spells. This is clearly not the case, but it looks like it was in a previous edition perhaps?

Thanks for the feedback! I actually originally had the class use the Pact Magic casting mechanic before switching to half caster on the advice of some friends of mine. I fixed it to keep it consistent.

I'll also look into the resistances. It is something I thought about (the Necro vs Radiant resistance). I like your idea of giving both necro and one other resistance.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concept of the class!