PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf VIII (Game Thread)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Tormsskull
2007-08-06, 10:58 AM
Link to the recruitment thread you all signed up on:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49697


Beginning Story

The sun rises, burning off the morning mist around the town of (pick a town name people). As the people begin to exit their homes and head off to work or start their morning chores, they hear an ear-shattering scream. Running off in that direction they come across a gruesome scene. The doors of Lucky and Tormsskull's Olde Wine Shoppe have been decimated, and blood trails stain the floor.

Tormsskull is found first, torn completely in two, his red cape covering the worst of the horror. And then Lucky can be seen, his little chest pushing up in down in an attempt to hold onto life. With his last breath, he says "Werewolves!" Then he is no more.

The villagers all begin to look at one another uneasily.

The day begins...

************************************************** ***


Time: Night 7:
Ends at approximately 11:30 AM (EST) Tuesday (August 28th).

Roster:

[Insert Neat Username Here] - Villager, autolynched Day 5
Alarra - Villager, eat by Wolves Night 4
alec
Andre Fairchilde - Leader, eaten by werewolves, Night 5.
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Bassetking - Guardian Wolf, eaten by werewolves Night 6.
Bookboy
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
doliemaster - Villager, lynched Day 3.
douglas
dun-dun-DUUN - Villager, auto-lynched Day 5.
Eldritch Knight
EmeraldRose
evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Flying Elephant
Funkyodor - Leader, autolynched Day 2.
Gezina - Villager, auto-lynched Day 4
Helgraf - Werewolf, lynched Day 4
HyramGraff
Indurain
Ink
janusnori
Jontom Xire - Werewolf, eaten by Wolves, Night 2
Khaldan - Leader, auto-lynched Day 4
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins - Leader, auto-lynched Day 5
Malmagor Andrigal - Leader, auto-lynched Day 5.
pingcode20 - Villager, auto-lynched Day 5.
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Pwenet
Raiser B1ade - Leader, lynched Day 7.
Raistlin1040 - Leader, auto-lynched Day 2.
Raldor - Leader, auto-lynched Day 5.
Shadow - Villager, eaten by wolves, Night 1.
Timberwolf - Werewolf, lynched Day 2.
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zar Peter - Leader, lynched Day 1.
Zeb The Troll
Zeratul -Werewolf, Lynched Day 6.
ZombieRockStar - Devil, lynched Day 5.


Day 1 votes:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
Vonriel

Bassetking
Malmagor Andrigal

Castaras
HyramGraff
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

CurlyKitCat
Castaras
Zar Peter
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Jontom Xire

dun-dun-DUUN
douglas

HyramGraff
dun-dun-DUUN

Shadow
Khaldan
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
janusnori
Timberwolf
Shadow
Raiser_B1ade
Zeb The Troll

Zar Peter
Alarra
Bassetking
Bookboy
CurlyKitCat
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Pwenet
whitehelm
ZombieRockStar
EmeraldRose
Raldor
pingcode20
alec
doliemaster
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Flying Elephant
Zeratul
Ink
Andre Fairchilde
evnafets
Krursk

Jontom Xire
Indurain

Not Yet Voted
Raistlin1040
Gezina
Eldritch Knight
Funkyodor


Day 2 votes

Alarra
alec
Eldritch Knight
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
doliemaster

dun-dun-DUUN
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

Pwenet
CurlyKitGirl

Timberwolf
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Bookboy
Castaras
douglas
Indurain
Ink
Khaldan
Pwenet
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zeb The Troll
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Jontom Xire
Krursk
janusnori
HyramGraff
pingcode20
Bassetking
evnafets
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Timberwolf
EmeraldRose

Atreyu The Masked Llama
ZombieRockStar
Raiser_B1ade
dun-dun-DUUN

HyramGraff
Helgraf

Not Yet Voted
Malmagor Andrigal
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Raistlin1040
Funkyodor
Zeratul
Raldor
Flying Elephant


Day 3 votes

CurlyKitGirl
CurlyKitGirl

doliemaster
whitehelm
Castaras
evnafets
Bookboy
Raldor
Eldritch Knight
Malmagor Andrigal
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Zeratul
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Pwenet
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Indurain
Raiser_B1ade
dun-dun-DUUN
Flying Elephant
Bassetking
EmeraldRose
Zeb The Troll
alec
pingcode20

Castaras
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

Atreyu the Masked LLama
Ink
ZombieRockStar

HyramGraff
Helgraf

Helgraff
HyramGraff

ZombieRockStar
Atreyu the Masked LLama

Fleeing Coward
Gezina
doliemaster
douglas
Khaldan
Vonriel
Krursk
janusnori


Day 4 votes

Helgraf
Indurain
Atreyu the Masked LLama
CurlyKitGirl
Pwenet
Vonriel
whitehelm
Alarra
Zeb The Troll
ZombieRockStar
Bassetking
evnafets
janusnori
HyramGraff
Bookboy
Ink
EmeraldRose
Eldritch Knight
douglas
alec

ZombieRockStar
Andre Fairchilde

CurlyKitGirl
Castaras

Pwenet
Zeratul

HyramGraff
Helgraf
Raiser B1ade
Fleeing Coward
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Krursk

[Insert Neat Username Here]
dun-dun-DUUN
Flying Elephant
Gezina
Khaldan
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Malmagor Andrigal
pingcode20
Raldor


Day 5 votes

Zeratul
whitehelm

Andre Fairchilde
Raiser B1ade
Zeratul
Fleeing Coward

ZombieRockStar
Indurain
Andre Fairchilde
Pwenet
CurlyKitGirl
HyramGraff
Bookboy
douglas
evnafets
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Flying Elephant
EmeraldRose
Zeb The Troll
Bassetking
Ink
Eldritch Knight
alec
Krursk
Vonriel

Atreyu the Masked LLama
ZombieRockStar
janusnori
Castaras
[Insert Neat Username Here]
dun-dun-DUUN
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Malmagor Andrigal
pingcode20
Raldor


Day 6 votes

zeratul
CurlyKitGirl
HyramGraff
douglas
Bookboy
Vonriel
whitehelm
evnafets
Zeb The Troll
Flying Elephant
Bassetking
EmeraldRose
Indurain
Ink
Eldritch Knight
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Atreyu the Masked LLama
alec
Krursk

CurlyKitGirl
Raiser B1ade
zeratul

Vonriel
Castaras




Fleeing Coward
Pwenet
janusnori


Day 7 votes

whitehelm
CurlyKitGirl

Raiser B1ade
Pwenet
EmeraldRose
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Zeb The Troll
Krursk
Eldritch Knight
douglas
whitehelm
Raiser B1ade
evnafets
Fleeing Coward
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Vonriel
Ink
alec

CurlyKitGirl
Castaras


HyramGraff
Bookboy
Flying Elephant
Indurain

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-06, 11:40 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/llamadore2.gif

*The masked llucha llama trots out of the stable, stretching his neck and then doing an quick rep of 30 push-ups to invigorate himself as he prepares to head out and continue his journey to try out for the latest Mortal Kombat tournament.*

"Alright. That was a good rest. Now to get on with the trip. I'm supposed to meet with a He pulls out a schedule and looks it over. Johnny Cage, to get a bit of training in a couple of days. You know how those Hollywood types hate to be kept waiting.

WAIT! I got big news, big plans, big ideas, bigger than Johnny Cage. I've found the perfect training right here.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/donking.gif comes running up to the wrestler.
This is big, its fate, its destiny!! Its opportunity! Its a one in a million chance.

That's great, but what is it? says the slightly annoyed masked ungulate. We are going to train and try to protect Earthrealm from Shao Kahn, remember.

Kid, as your manager, I feel it is my duty to be completely honest with you whenever it suits my best interests. You weren't going to win Mortal Kombat, but that's okay, because I have a better fight; one you might not die in. You don't even have to travel. This place is beset, besieged, and being attacked by werewolves. Now all we have to do is get one to fight you. Just think, Rey LLamasteryio vs the Fanged Fury. It'll be classic, it'll be big, it'll be perfection, it'll throw you into the spotlight so fast you get motion sickness.

*The manager hums happily and works out promotion details in his head while the wrestler stands there looking stunned and a little nervous.*

Castaras
2007-08-06, 11:41 AM
A young cat wanders out of a nearby shop, mewing pathetically. It nuzzles Lucky's and Tormsskull's bodies.

Mrrp?

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 11:45 AM
Vonriel walks over and picks up the cat. No, no, they was killed by werewolves, they was. Stay away from them, little kitty, just in case they carry the infection on them. He begins scratching her a little, behind the ears and around the neck. We wouldn't want you becoming a werecat, now would we?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-06, 11:47 AM
There is a tree on the edge of the woods around the town. One tree hears the news of the dead humans and focuses its awareness on the town and its living inhabitents.
As the wind rustles through its leaves a voice is almost heard, poised on the halfway mark between comprehension and nothingness. It sounds like "Gossshhhhh. Whhhatt'ssss thisssss ttthhheeeen?"

Keledrath
2007-08-06, 11:50 AM
A book hops out of a building.
Werewolf(Lupis Lycanthropus):a person who shapeshifts into a wolf or wolflike creature, either purposely, by using magic, or after being placed under a curse. They are sometimes said to be immortal.

Castaras
2007-08-06, 11:52 AM
The cat meows at Vonriel, looking up at him with pathetic eyes.

Zar Peter
2007-08-06, 11:54 AM
The lumberjack steps out of his hut, ready to begin days work. He looks around and sees the mess.

Holy crap! What happenend here? Werewolfes you say? We have to be very careful the next nights!

He looks around suspicously.

Maybe they have already infected our village!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-06, 11:58 AM
The tree hears about the lumberjack a few hours later. "Cuuurrrsssesssss. Aaaan eeeneeemyyy." It prepares its protection.

Helgraf
2007-08-06, 12:12 PM
Hmmm. Most unfortunate. I'd rather hoped to spend my remaining years peacefully, not having to ply the trade of sword and torch again.

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 12:17 PM
Vonriel looks at the pathetic look the kitty is giving him and sighs. Ok, let's get you back to my house, I have some milk and some dried meat you might enjoy.. Still scratching at the kitty, he sets off for the house next door. What? Why're you looking at me like that? Hey, they set up shop next to me, I didn't move in next to them! Nevermind the fact that I knew where they were planning on setting it up..

Castaras
2007-08-06, 12:30 PM
The cat purrs loudly, and as Von carries her to his house, her tail flicks to point randomly at Curly, to get the pointing to begin.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-06, 12:36 PM
In its own defence the tree drops a branch near Zar Peter to avoid being cut down.

Keledrath
2007-08-06, 12:37 PM
The book reads a definition at Zar Peter:
Zar Peter: Lumberjack, and therefore closest to the forest where the were-wolves are.

Zar Peter
2007-08-06, 12:49 PM
Zar Peter sighs.

I understand that a tree is waving his branches in defense against me. But a villager? I don't point now but I look how this is going.

Madmal
2007-08-06, 12:51 PM
Mal swopes down into the unnamed town.

Werewolves attacking an unnamed town? they really must be bored...

*Mal Points his claw at Bassetking

...and so it begins

douglas
2007-08-06, 12:55 PM
"Werewolves? We have to do something!"

1d43

Khaldan
2007-08-06, 12:56 PM
*points at shadow.*
Has shadow ever been lynched day 1?

douglas
2007-08-06, 12:58 PM
Damn roller not doing what it's supposed to. Let's try that again.

d43

Edit: Huh, that worked just fine in the test thread. Are die rolls disabled in this forum for some reason?

testing...
[roll0]
*Douglas points at dun-dun-DUUN*

Vonriel
2007-08-06, 01:00 PM
Vonriel sets the kitty down on his front porch, assuring her he'll be right back. He goes in his house, and comes back out carrying a bottle of milk and a bowl. Setting the bowl on the porch, he fills it up with the cold milk, before returning it inside. There you go. He looks out and sees everyone pointing, and tosses his point toward the llucha llama. Crazy masked llama, nothing but trouble.

(( Yeah, douglas, die rolls are disabled in almost all the forums ))

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-06, 01:28 PM
A man dressed in a feather robe and whose forehead radiates with the light within wanders through town. His travels have brought him far, but this is truly one of the more strange places he's been to, and never has he encountered a scene of devastation like this, which moves him to speak. As he does, you realize that all his speech is in poetry.

I come upon a village, the trees themselves are crying.
A scene of death; the lycanthropes have left two good men lying
In their blood, a scene not soon dismissed, no forgetting or denying.
Some of us are mad with rage, and some of us are sighing
That this tragedy has struck our home and left two good men dying.

No evidence have we today to tell us who has lied
About their own identity, about their sinful pride.
Just raw suspicion have we here for the man who must be tried.
My point: it's Zar Peter who must pay for these two good men who've died.

Cannon to left of them,
Cannon to right of them...wait...wrong poem...

He trails off and mumbles something about screwing up his lines.

InaVegt
2007-08-06, 01:46 PM
A young girl walks towards the commotion, wishing to see what it's all about.

Let me through, please, I wanna see it.

((Anyone wanting to play as my parent can claim that role))

Pwenet
2007-08-06, 02:10 PM
Pwenet, the owner of a small weapons shop in the Town, named simply Pwenet Morgans Weapons and Supplies, pushes out a sign indicating a sale in front of his store, indicating that everything is on sale due to the werewolves attack.

"There, that should get some more business here. Us villagers need to defend ourselves!"

Polishing one of his own personal weapons, a weapon known as "My Boomstick!", he experimentally aims it at Zar Peter as he walks by, trying to defend himself. He pulls the trigger, but the "Boomstick" clicks, for he never loaded it.

"Hmm, might need to adjust the sights a bit.

Whistling he goes back inside to check his supply of silver based weapons.

Zar Peter
2007-08-06, 02:19 PM
(Ok, I've got to point now)

Zar Peter spits in his hands.

I think today I will cut down this tree here.

He points at Curly.

(By the way: If I die I want to get mentioned in the Hall of Fame of the players who get lynched in the first round)

Raiser Blade
2007-08-06, 02:30 PM
The town baker walks out in amidst the chaos eating a jelly donut.

"Hmm well it seems werewolves have attacked our humble village."
"Points at Atreyu"

He then walks back inside mumbling about a shipment of pan dulce.


hmm well i think that if i were a werewolf i would point at zp just to blend in so i think that one of zp's accusers is a werewolf if not more

HyramGraff
2007-08-06, 03:16 PM
HyamGraff points at Castaras and says, "look at the cute furry kitty."

whitehelm
2007-08-06, 03:40 PM
In this game it is to our advantage to stay in bandwagons. If we all vote for different people, those who are leaders will be easily identified by the were wolves and subsequently eaten. It is to the werewolves advantage to promote voting for different people despite the fact that bandwagons are normal.

Therefore I am now suspicious of Malmagor, Khaldan, douglas, and Vonriel, because they voted for different people in short order instead of one of the two people already voted for. This is only a small suspicion right now, and I think its not worth starting yet another voting line.

I point at Zar Peter. It's partly random (among those who have been voted for), and partly because he was the last passenger in Pirates.

Zar Peter
2007-08-06, 03:44 PM
((At last a reason where I fully agree))

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-06, 04:06 PM
While Zar Peter is near the forest, that tree, Curly, is actually IN the forest. Therefore, she is a far more likely suspect.

But how do we lynch a tree?

Lucky
2007-08-06, 04:08 PM
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Raiser_B1ade
Vonriel

Bassetking
Malmagor Andrigal

Castaras
HyramGraff

CurlyKitCat
Castaras
Zar Peter
[Insert Neat Username Here]

dun-dun-DUUN
douglas

HyramGraff
dun-dun-DUUN

Shadow
Khaldan

Zar Peter
Alarra
Bassetking
Bookboy
CurlyKitCat
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Pwenet
whitehelm
ZombieRockStar

Not Yet Voted
Ink
Fleeing Coward
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Andre Fairchilde
Indurain
Jontom Xire
EmeraldRose
Raistlin1040
Shadow
janusnori
evnafets
Gezina
Eldritch Knight
pingcode20
Krursk
Helgraf
alec
Funkyodor
Zeratul
Raldor
Flying Elephant
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
Zeb The Troll
doliemaster
Timberwolf

InaVegt
2007-08-06, 04:17 PM
The young Gezina (roughly 9 years old) keeps trying to get through the crowd, though the large crowd is making it take a long time.

I wanna see what's happening, please?

((Still looking for a parent))

evnafets
2007-08-06, 04:47 PM
A small boy rushes out from the wineshop, and sees Gezina trying to get in

Gez! Gez!
Its really gross in there!
Tormsskull and Lucky are ripped to bits- and theres blood all over the floor!
Though someone was telling me it was just wine that had gotten spilled, and I should run away and play outside.

And Gez! They're saying that its werewolves that done it! Werewolves! Right out of the story book! Isn't that cool?
(Grabs Gezina by the arm)
Come on - come take a look. Just crawl through everybody's legs thats how I got in!

Ink
2007-08-06, 05:33 PM
A large german shepherd dog walks by and takes a whizz on the tree. He looks up startled as he notices that the tree was moving.

"Woof, woof woof-woof woof!*"

*Oops, sorry! I didn't know you were a sentient tree.

((So we don't even know ourselves if we are leaders or not? This promises to be chaotic.))

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-08-06, 05:59 PM
Dun-dun-DUUN plays a chord on his lute, before letting his eyes wander to the kitten. He strolls over casually to pet it, before pointing at HyramGraff accusingly.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-08-06, 06:25 PM
A bolt of lightning flashes somewhere in the universe as Old Man Fullbladder, resident crotchety old fart of whatever village this is, forces his way onto the scene, his sunken eyes flashing dangerously.

"This is a dark day, by gummit! And I'm sure we all know who's ta blame, eh?"

He spins on the his heels with excetional speed, pointing a creaking finger directly at Zar Peter. He holds that pose for some time, his loose clothing settling in for the long haul.

"You young whippernappers, comin' in here, cuttin' down the forest, and destroyin' people's way of life! You've brought 'em down upon us all! Invadin' their land fer the sake o' progress. Progress my patukee! In my day we had three houses in this villag,e an' we liked it!"

Alarra
2007-08-06, 06:40 PM
A young woman with a whispy voice glides between the tree and the lumberjack. Her long hair, woven with chains of flowers sways in the breeze and her worn, brightly colorful skirt swirls round her ankles.

"No....we must protect the forest. The beautiful trees and leaves..." She rests a hand lightly on curly's branch. "These lands are our only legacy with which to provide future generations."

She jabs a finger toward Zar Peter in a scolding manner. "It's people like you that are ruining our beautiful green earth."

Bassetking
2007-08-06, 07:31 PM
*Father Rey DeBasset pokes his head out of the doors of the small chapel that services the town, blanches at the sight of Lucky and Torm, and Flings an accusing finger towards Zar Peter*

First you steal from the roof fund, then you skip sunday mass... Now....THIS?

Lucky
2007-08-06, 07:35 PM
"No....we must protect the forest. The beautiful trees and leaves..." She rests a hand lightly on curly's branch. "These lands are our only legacy with which to provide future generations."

She jabs a finger toward Zar Peter in a scolding manner. "It's people like you that are ruining our beautiful green earth."

((THE GOGGLES! They do nothing!))

Alarra
2007-08-06, 07:40 PM
((THE GOGGLES! They do nothing!))
(You love me.)

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-06, 07:44 PM
An elderly man dressed in tattered rags that barely covers his twisted limbs limps out from a small alley and grabs hold of Shadow
"Alms for the poor Sir? I have barely eaten a thing since my son and his conniving wife kicked me out of my own house a month ago."
((It's safer for everyone if he dies early.))

EmeraldRose
2007-08-06, 07:44 PM
*The schoolteacher, Rose, finishes locking up the one room schoolhouse, before coming out where the others are massing.*

How can this be? Zar Peter's been around these parts for ages! Why would he do something like this? The children said they'd seen so much blood...

*She puts a hand to her forehead and looks as though she may faint...*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-06, 08:47 PM
There is a banging coming from under the inn. A pounding, if you will. With each bang, the sawdust at the bottom of the inn shakes a little. Finally, a trapdoor opens, and several handfuls of sawdust and sand pour down on whoever opened it.

From the depths, an unopened keg slowly rises to be set on the floor next to the trapdoor.

Covered in cobwebs, dust, and mouse...er..dirt Andre is visibly tipsy. Taking inventory often means eliminating the overages.

"Dou know, if Iaye taught oopeening an tavern would be dees much verk I'd never have done it."

He rolls the keg over to the bar, and lifts it up.

After setting up the keg for the day, he flips the sign in the window from "Closed" to "Open" and opens the double doors.

Having already anticipated the crowd outside, Andre the 'retired' Duelist quickly grabs Rose, kisses her, and declares "Voila! Open!"

"But the perks, they are nice!"

As the crowd meanders in, Andre checks his accounts book. Sadly, two old friends owe him a significant amount... Curly and Zar Peter.

"Ah, but what ees a little meelk, when luve is in the air?"

Anticipating her arrival, Andre prepares a gallon of water with some fertilizer mixed in.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-06, 08:59 PM
The large turtle that lives in the village pond emerges to sun himself and considers what has happened.

Unfortunately it is best for us all to vote together so that our leaders will not be revealed.

Raldor points at Zar Peter

evnafets
2007-08-06, 09:28 PM
(the boy runs over to the tree, and picks up the fallen branch. He then sees his school teacher nearby )

Miss Rose! Miss Rose!
Did you hear about the werewolves? They killed some people!
There! - in the wine shop! I was told that they spilled wine all over the floor, but I think its really blood!
And everyone is saying the whole village is in danger!
Why are we in danger Miss Rose?
My Mom is always saying I'd better be a good boy or the wolves will come and get me. But I've been a good boy haven't I?
Haven't I?
Anyway, I'm not afraid of werewolves - See my sword?
(holds up fallen branch)
If any werewolf comes near me I'm gonna chop off its head!

EmeraldRose
2007-08-06, 09:36 PM
It's ok Evvie. Have you found your parents yet? No? Ok, you'd better stay with me until we find them.

Yes, I heard someone was hurt. No we don't know who did it yet. Yes it may have been a wolf. No we don't know who the wolf is yet. Yes you've been a good boy Evvie.

It's a good sword, Evvie. But let's try to find your parents before we go chasing werewolves, ok?

*Rose seems to be accustomed to Evvie's frequent, almost constant stream, of questions, and answers them almost without thinking about it.*

Keledrath
2007-08-06, 09:38 PM
A book hops over and speaks to them.
Silver would be useful. It really hurts werewolves. Also, try making them eat this.
Some wolfsbane falls out of the book.

Indurain
2007-08-06, 10:16 PM
"First day of a werewolf attack you say?" Indurain leaps into the middle of the crowd and spins and spins and spins...then he falls down because he's dizzy, but his big toe is pointing at Jontom Xire.

Helgraf
2007-08-06, 10:56 PM
"Tain't nothing but blind crow at this."

*Helgraf points at Shadow*

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-06, 11:04 PM
For lack of time for this until tomorrow, and I don't want to go without pointing at someone...points at Castaras.

janusnori
2007-08-07, 12:58 AM
I'm going to have to agree... it would be our safest bet to lynch Shadow.

Lets be honest, even if hes just a villager he'll have his hand in something.


*points at Shadow*

InaVegt
2007-08-07, 02:56 AM
Gezina rushes to miss Rose as well.

Is it true that the werewolves have come to the town, miss Rose. I'm afraid of wolves.

Gezina doesn't seem happy.

pingcode20
2007-08-07, 03:58 AM
Pingcode wanders over to the book, and picks up the wolvesbane.

"Well, if it's bad for them, it must be good for me!"

He swallows the sprig of belladonna, and promptly falls over, clutching his stomach. As the further side effects kick in, he begins twitching and flailing about, accidentally catching Zar Peter in the leg as he does so.

Unfortunately for Pingcode the Foolhardy, Belladonna also happens to be poisonous.

alec
2007-08-07, 04:32 AM
Stumbling away from the corpses, green in the face, Alec says quietly "How could anything do that to a person?" Seeing the large group pointing at Zar Peter, Alec joins in.

Timberwolf
2007-08-07, 04:45 AM
I'm going to have to agree... it would be our safest bet to lynch Shadow.

Lets be honest, even if hes just a villager he'll have his hand in something.


*points at Shadow*

I wish i could disagree but lynching Shadow on principle has, I feel, become neccessary

*points at Shadow*

Shadow
2007-08-07, 04:52 AM
Well, I know that you'll all be making a mistake by lynching me.
I mean, why would you remove one of the village's greatest weapons against the wolves?
Make them waste a night killing me themselves, I say.

But I don't like you guys going after ZP one day one, YET AGAIN!
I mean, really! Give the guy a chance to PLAY in one of these games already!

So I guess I'll *point at me, too, just on that alone.

And yes, Khaldan, I have been lynched on day one before.
In Ye Olde West.
Guess what I was....
Villager.

It seems that whenever you guys are smart enough to lynch me early on, I'm one of the good guys. :smallwink:

If/when I am lynched, look to those pointing at me to find a good number of wolves. They are afraid of me and want me dead as soon as possible!

Timberwolf
2007-08-07, 05:13 AM
((Actually, I wanted to lynch you on day 1 in the last pirates game Shadow but allowed myself to be disuaded when you turned out to be the baner.))

doliemaster
2007-08-07, 05:19 AM
A dolie with a smiley face, stick legs and arms, and a floating hat above the dolie walks in, yawning, and says,"What, we having a good old fashion lynching, well to go with the crowd, lets get the lumberjack."


Doliemaster points at Zar Peter.

Zar Peter
2007-08-07, 06:20 AM
((Hey, thanks, Shadow! After killing me in at last two games that's nice to hear from you :smallbiggrin:

v I know, I already sent in a death scene! Thanks for the hug! :smallredface: ))

Alarra
2007-08-07, 06:21 AM
(Nothing against you ZP, just the thought that the wolves would have a more difficult time picking out leaders the larger the bandwagon and yours had the most momentum *hugs*)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-07, 06:34 AM
Well, I know that you'll all be making a mistake by lynching me.
I mean, why would you remove one of the village's greatest weapons against the wolves?
Make them waste a night killing me themselves, I say.

But I don't like you guys going after ZP one day one, YET AGAIN!
I mean, really! Give the guy a chance to PLAY in one of these games already!

So I guess I'll *point at me, too, just on that alone.

what I read is = to save Zar Peter, people should lynch me, its the nice thing to do.



If/when I am lynched, look to those pointing at me to find a good number of wolves. They are afraid of me and want me dead as soon as possible!

(what I read is = Anyone who joins in my plan to save Zar Peter should be lynched.

What I conclude is= Shadow says kill anyone who attempts to be nice to Zar Peter! Hmmmph! And since know that the masses will follow your orders, Mr Aberration, I can only conclude that the safest thing to do to escape Shadow's list is to kill Zar Peter.

Sorry, Mr. Peter, but Shadow has spoken and I don't want to be on his list.)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/donking.gif
*Turns to his young fighter friend* I've got an idea! Let's schedule you a warm-up match against someone in this Town. See that lumberjack? It'd be a great way to show off your skills to beat him in the ring and show the people what you can do.

*Don King llama points at Zar Peter*

Shadow
2007-08-07, 06:36 AM
((I always LOVE the Llama's convoluted lack of logic!!!))

And what I meant by that is that I will be looking very closely at those already pointing at me if I survive through the night.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-07, 06:46 AM
Already drawing suspicion away from yourself Shadow? You said that the wolves will probably waste a kill on you if you're a villager so wouldn't that make you a wolf if you don't die during the night?

Shadow
2007-08-07, 06:49 AM
That is, of course, what they will want you to believe if they don't kill me.

It's a tactic that I've used in the past.
Don't kill the sneaky players. Let the village do it for you.

Unfortunately, you'll have to make up your own mind on this one, my freind.

Drawing suspicion away from myself?
It's day one.
No one is supicious.
Everyone is suspicious.

Zar Peter
2007-08-07, 06:50 AM
But the wolfes could spare Shadow because he get's lynched anyway! Hard decission I would say...

(Thanks Atreyu! My death scene makes sense now)

v that's great! I wanna be part in this Cthuhlu-Cult, than I'm save!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-07, 06:55 AM
(Lets compromise and tie Shadow up by his feet and leave him out overnight for the wolves.)

(You're welcome, Zar Peter. Its a pleasure. Is there anything else I can do for you?)

(I love the image of Shadow standing between a pack of wolves and villagers and each kinda shoving him toward the other going "You kill him, we don't want to waste a lynch."
"No you kill him. We don't want to waste a night kill."
"No, you kill him."
"No, YOU should kill him."

*Shadow gets frustrated and goes to start a Cthuhlu cult.

Shadow
2007-08-07, 07:11 AM
*goes to start a Cthuhlu cult*
*and then goes to bed.... again*

Tormsskull
2007-08-07, 10:31 AM
Updated as of Post #72, Approximately 19 hours left in this day.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
Vonriel

Bassetking
Malmagor Andrigal

Castaras
HyramGraff
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

CurlyKitCat
Castaras
Zar Peter
[Insert Neat Username Here]
Andre Fairchilde

dun-dun-DUUN
douglas

HyramGraff
dun-dun-DUUN

Shadow
Khaldan
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
janusnori
Timberwolf
Shadow
Raiser_B1ade

Zar Peter
Alarra
Bassetking
Bookboy
CurlyKitCat
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Pwenet
whitehelm
ZombieRockStar
EmeraldRose
Raldor
pingcode20
alec
doliemaster
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Flying Elephant
Zeratul

Jontom Xire
Indurain

Not Yet Voted
Ink
Jontom Xire
Raistlin1040
evnafets
Gezina
Eldritch Knight
Krursk
Funkyodor
Zeb The Troll

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-07, 11:00 AM
It would be very interesting if someone besides Zar Peter got lynched. It's possible, though extremely unlikely.

Flying Elephant
2007-08-07, 12:17 PM
A frantic looking man runs out into the open waving a banner larger larger than he is. We must all point at the same person, as to disguise our glorious leader! Lynch Zar Peter, for the Party!

Raiser Blade
2007-08-07, 01:04 PM
The baker comes back out into the street.
Shadow you still want that shipment of cream puffs or should i put it on hold?


Come on guys who want's to join the save ZAR PETER group

Zar Peter
2007-08-07, 01:41 PM
I'm totally in! That's a great idea! Thank you, Raiser.

(Although I think Shadow is much better than I in this games and he can't always be the bad guy and you can't recruit here and I already posted my dead scene .. anyway, save me!
And to all who are pointing at me: I hope I'm not one of your glorious leaders :smalltongue: )

zeratul
2007-08-07, 01:55 PM
Zeratul, comes in, In his current incarnation, a man wearing a trenchcoat, and bearinga blunderbuss "Looks like zar's gonna be the first one to fertilize the feilds 'eh?"

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-07, 03:23 PM
((:smalleek: Why is everyone pointing at Z? It was a completely RP point! What kind of tree wouldn't point at a lumberjack? I'm sorry ZP; I didn't realise people would jump on the bandwagon. I hope your death scene rocks. It isn't related to a Python sketch is it?:smallwink: ))

Ink
2007-08-07, 04:46 PM
((I don't want to kill Zar Peter, but it seems irreversible at this point.))

The dog licks Zar Peter.

"Woof woof!*"

*Sorry, friend.

Zar Peter
2007-08-07, 04:53 PM
((No problem! Four death scenes in a week will be a new record, won't it?))

The lumberjack retreats and tries to go back to his hut.

But... I'm only a poor lumberjack! I didn't do anything wrong! It's my job to cut down trees...

Khaldan
2007-08-07, 05:41 PM
Everyone seems to have missed the kobold, who immeadently steps on a platform.
If im not mistaken, were about to lynch someone for DOING HIS JOB! is something WRONG with you people?! I mean, how would you feel if i went over and decided to lynch you over the fact that i dislike your job? Because thats whats happening here. STOP THE MADNESS!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-07, 10:12 PM
The tavern is more busy than usual for a Tuesday. Andre has travelled up and down into the basement twice to bring up new kegs.

The gossip is filling the air, phrases like 'wolfsbane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsbane_%28comics%29)', lycanthropy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycanthropy), and silver bullets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_bullet).

All this talk of werewolves and wolf-men made Andre reflect on his youth and his own experience with the Beast of Gevaudan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan).

His own suspicion, bourne out of his career as a duelist traveling from town to town was that werewoves were in fact Pricolici (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pricolici), or people that returned from the dead to prey as wolves in the night (which makes sense in this game as WE ALL die to come back to play more WW games!)

Shaken out of his reverie, he exclaims " Oh no! If aye'm to be paid for Zar Peter's bar tab, then aye must git et before they leench heem!"

(Sorry! :frown: )

zeratul
2007-08-07, 10:33 PM
Zeratul looks over to Andre, "Anyone else notice the dashing swordsman with the accent? Doesn't anyone else think he seems a bit out of place?", he walks over to Andre, "I mean, wouldn't you want something more than a rapeir? More like a gun?"

evnafets
2007-08-07, 10:38 PM
That was an awesome story Mr Fairchild!
I loved the bit how you finished off your prayers before you killed it
(mimes shooting the beast with the tree branch he is still carrying)
BANG! One dead wolf!

Is that what we're going to be doing to Zar Peter?
Everyone seems to think hes a wolf! How can they tell?
I like watching him cutting down trees, but he is always telling me to stay out of the way because a tree might fall on me.
Oh well. If everyone says hes a wolf he must be one!
(Little Evvie runs up to the bar.)
Can I have a double malt whiskey on the rocks please? Thats what my dad drinks all the time.

evnafets points at Zar Peter

((I'm not normally one for bandwagons, but I can see the argument of wanting to hide the leaders amongst the villagers)

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-07, 10:45 PM
((What if all the leaders just happened to be in the minority bandwagon? That'd give the wolves a easy time of killing them. Wouldn't it make sense to have 2 almost equal sized bandwagons? That way, the side that gets the lynch has more leaders but for all we know it might just be a single vote difference, This single bandwagon doesn't help the uncover the werewolves either so are we just planning to go through everyday lynching random people and hope we and the seer gets lucky?))

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-07, 10:58 PM
^ I said something similar to this, but less worried, earlier. If the leaders all die, I assume the villager votes count as normal, though [THIS SECTION DELETED. I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THE WOLVES ANY GOOD IDEAS, AND WHAT WAS GOING TO GO IN HERE WOULD BE DEVASTATING TO US VILLAGERS]

evnafets
2007-08-07, 11:19 PM
;3000992']^ I said something similar to this, but less worried, earlier. If the leaders all die, I assume the villager votes count as normal, though
Your assumption would be wrong. If the leaders all die, its game over and the wolves win.
If the leaders are tied in their voting, the bandwagon with more "non-leader" votes is the tie-breaker.

------
If all the leaders are in the minority band-wagon? We're screwed. Or at least sustained a solid blow to the head. Thats the way the cookie crumbles.
But I can't really think of a better plan right now.

>This single bandwagon doesn't help the uncover the werewolves either
Is there any method you can think of that does uncover wolves?
You're right. If we all vote in a bandwagon, the wolves will merge with the sheep, and it will just be pot luck the whole game.
Remember though, the wolves don't know who each other are right now. So they can't know whether to derail a bandwagon or not. And their day-votes don't count anyway. Voting record is going to be practically useless in this game.
I think the outcome of this game will depend on the Seer/Devil. Probably leaning slightly in favour of a villager win.

Khaldan
2007-08-07, 11:21 PM
((Insert, all leaders dead = wolf win))
EDIT: ninjas...

Raiser Blade
2007-08-07, 11:22 PM
aww poor zp

i tried to save him
i tried to build momentum for a shadow lynching (no offense shadow)

but alas the public has spoken pointed

may you rest in peace and may you not be a leader:smallsmile:

Jontom Xire
2007-08-08, 04:52 AM
((Haven't been able to get online for about 48 hours due to travelling to Israel. Posting may be sporadic).)

I want to save Zar Peter, and I think Shadow will be important to the villagers, so Jontom points at CurlyKitKat.

I think voting records will be important. Villagers need to muddy them up to hide the leaders, but also to identify where votes had no effect which will indicate either a wolf or villager.

Krursk
2007-08-08, 05:22 AM
Woah, this game started. I hate when I miss these things. Krurskpoints at Zar Peter

Tormsskull
2007-08-08, 05:34 AM
First post updated, approximately 5 hours left in this day.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-08, 05:56 AM
Zeb wanders into the village just in time to see the people gathering about the gory scene at the wine shop. Recognizing the all too familiar scene, he wanders in to the inn and asks for a room. Once that's settled he sidles over to the scene of the crime and pokes around. He looks at Zar Peter and Shadow and realizes that one of these two is most likely to be involved in this wickedness.

Turning to Shadow, he says So, do you have anything to say for yourself?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-08, 10:14 AM
Andre looks at Evnafets' identification card.... "Says heer ewe are forty-tree yeers ald. Heer's you whisky..."

As the troll squeezes himself through the double door-way, Andre tries to figure the best room to place Zeb in....

The stable has the most room....

The best room is upstairs, but may be too cramped for the humanoid...

"Sahr Zeeb, Meestar Trool - vud ewe mahnd ah common room upstairz? Ah can charge ewe for the zweet costs.... eet vill haf zee space you needa?"

Andre begins how to calculate placing the troll into the common room typically reserved for 20, and charging the rate a full room costs...

Tormsskull
2007-08-08, 10:31 AM
[death scene provided by lynchee]
The crowd surrounds Zar Peter, mumbling that he's a wolf, he's guilty and so on. Zar Peter defends himself:
Why are you thinking I'm a wolf? Because a tree said so? But a tree is my enemy, he tries to get me killed before I can cut it down! And since when do we belive trees? And because I lived that long in Pirates? That's game criss-crossing, you shalt not do that! I'm innocent, I'm nothing but a lumberjack, trying to cut you some wood out of the forest so you don't have to freeze in winter and you can cook something!

Suddenly a Llama in the back is jumping up and down, screaming in a quacky voice: He's the devil!!! He uses [disgusted voice]LOGIC[/disgusted voice] to distract us! KILL HIM!

That's enough. The crowd grabs Zar Peter and push him to the gallows. He begins to say:
I never wanted to be a lumberjack! I wanted to be...

Then the trapdoor opens and Zar Peter is hung.
[/death scene provided by lynchee]

A small group of villagers in the back seems very sad. "Poor Zar Peter, he was such a nice man. He was so helpful, and wise, and such a charasmatic LEADER."

Summary: Zar Peter was lynched, he was a Leader.

Night falls upon the town of Unknownia (see what happens when no one suggests a name?!?!).

All of you with night actions please send them to both Lucky and myself (Tormsskull). Night ends @ approximately 11:30 AM tomorrow (Thursday August 9th).

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 10:39 AM
The kobold appears to grow in size, incredibly angry.
Did you idiot even friggin HEAR what i SAID! You just killed some poor man just for the sole fact that he cuts down trees. Now him-

He points at shadow(non-point)
We should kill him. You can see that evil look in his eyes, and he shied away from the wolvesbane! KILL HIM!

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-08, 10:56 AM
"Hmmm, we're really off to a great start here. as he shakes his head and heads home.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-08, 11:00 AM
Weeping, Andre announces:
"Dreenks on zee howse for next ten meenutes! A toast to Zar Peter! May his blood not be shed in vain! (9 minutes later) ....Ok, times up, times up..."

Pwenet
2007-08-08, 11:08 AM
At this time, only a word commonly "Used sarcastically to acknowledge a major mistake" comes to the mind of Pwenet.

"Oops!"

He then retreats into his store, barricading the door, and pulling out a crossbow and some silver quarrels that he had on display before making his way to bed.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-08, 11:13 AM
And the saddest part is, he wasn't even the closest person to the forest . . . :smallsigh:

Flying Elephant
2007-08-08, 11:21 AM
The man with a flag bows his head. "Farewell, oh Glorious Leader, may your death not be in vain."

zeratul
2007-08-08, 11:25 AM
Zeratul walks away humming "the lumberjack song", and wanders into the inn.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-08, 11:39 AM
damn he was a leader oh well

Zar Peter
2007-08-08, 12:53 PM
((That's the worst case scenario. Didn't expect that. But we saved one leader from the wolves :smallfrown: )) play this at my funeral (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVYCVDQhbUw)

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-08, 01:22 PM
((How many leaders are there, anyway?))

Tormsskull
2007-08-08, 01:34 PM
;3003491']((How many leaders are there, anyway?))

In paranoia the number of leaders or wolves is unknown to the players.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-08, 02:23 PM
The Weeping Willow weeps. The over-pesent wind blowing througn the woods emulates the crying of a distraught tree.
The tree says, "Ssstupiid baaandwaaagon. Wwwhhhhy? Hee wassss a possssibbble ssssaavioouuurrr."
Now who feels silly?

Alarra
2007-08-08, 02:28 PM
Alarra sighs and bows her head, "We've made a terrible mistake..."

With another sigh, a comforting word to the tree and a swish of her skirts, she heads into town to buy some green tea before she heads home.

Keledrath
2007-08-08, 02:30 PM
(I was wondering about this: When do Leaders find out that they're Leaders?)

Damn, I knew I should have double-checked with Webster's.

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 02:33 PM
When they die is when bookboy. Or if the seer scries them, and sends a PM. so the worst case scenario right now is that the devil finds the seer, and gets him/her killed. 'tis unlikely though.

Keledrath
2007-08-08, 02:39 PM
(And also, what actually makes them different? Extra voting power? ???)

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-08, 02:47 PM
((Only Leaders votes count. No other votes count towards lynching))

The Willow feels comforted by the hippie-lady. It may be concerned for the hippie-two-legs as animals always die quickly. It settles down to grow for the night.

Khaldan
2007-08-08, 02:48 PM
(they have the only votes. a normal villager has no counted vote. Basically, villagers=screwed. kinda.)
EDIT:DAMN YOU NINJAS!

Shadow
2007-08-08, 05:51 PM
Turning to Shadow, he says So, do you have anything to say for yourself?
As a matter of fact I do.
"Told-ja-so!"

He points at shadow(non-point)
We should kill him. You can see that evil look in his eyes, and he shied away from the wolvesbane! KILL HIM!
"Bring it on little man!"

Eldritch Knight
2007-08-08, 08:15 PM
Let's not jump to conclusions so quickly.

I've learned that is better to trust Shadow as innocent until he is proven guilty.

Lucky
2007-08-08, 08:23 PM
((Pssst... Think we should tell him it's night?
Nah, let's let him find out for himself.
Good idea!))
Foiled again! Stupid ninja-editer.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-08, 08:36 PM
I think I prefer believing Shadow is guilty until proven innocent and even then, he's probably still guilty of something :smallsmile:

After all, that's how most courts work now isn't it?

EmeraldRose
2007-08-08, 09:17 PM
Oh dear! This is not good!! Children, have you found your parents yet? This was a horrible mistake!

*Miss Rose hurries Evvie out of the bar and Gez away from the scene.*

Shame on you, sir, for serving a child!! Couldn't you even tell?

*Miss Rose frowns disapprovingly at Andre as she leaves the bar*

evnafets
2007-08-08, 09:27 PM
Hiya Miss Rose!
Mr Fairchild tells awesome stories!
And he gave me a double malt whiskey too - just like my Dad drinks!
I never had one before, but it looks and tastes just like my favorite Raspberry Cordial!

Awwww - do we have to leave already? I'm not even tired (yawn) - really I'm not. We're just about to go out hunting werewolves - I've even got my rifle loaded with silver bullets! (shows Miss Rose the tree branch)

Evvie points the tree branch at every shadow along the way home, shooting the werewolves hiding behind the trees.
HA! Take that werewolf!

EmeraldRose
2007-08-08, 09:36 PM
*Miss Rose takes the children to their homes and parents before going back to her own home for the night*

-to Evvie's parents- Yes, I agree that you should definitely have some words with that bartender in the morning! Can you imagine serving alcohol to a child? Yes, here he is, safe, and a little sleepy.

-to Gez's parent's- Yes, she's safe, just a little rattled by the evening's events. Of course we'll have school in the morning.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-08, 09:57 PM
The smirking duelist bartender places the raspberry soda back under the bar.

Also under the bar are two matching, very magical, silvered rapiers and a pair of flintlock gonnes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flintlock).

In the height of the crowd, Andre makes a toast:

"To de Varevoolves! May dey accidently slay their own Devil in his/her own bed tonight!"

Vonriel
2007-08-09, 12:43 AM
Vonriel leans down to see how the kitty is doing, what with all the excitement, nods, then heads into his house. He closes the door, locks it, but leaves a very small window off to the side open in case the kitty wants to come in later. Then, he heads up to bed, and all the lights in his house wink out.

Castaras
2007-08-09, 02:44 AM
The kitty carries on lapping up the milk, before curling up on the porch, going to sleep.

Timberwolf
2007-08-09, 07:32 AM
Timberwolf looks sadly over at the remains of Zar Peter.

"I'm so sorry but this was not my doing. rest easily."

before she goes and falls into bed.

zeratul
2007-08-09, 09:14 AM
Zeratul throws his dagger into the wall, retrieves it, then does this again, while listening to what everyone is saying. "Hmm, everyone's a suspect, I like that, now we just see who cracks under pressure, and kill 'em."

Tormsskull
2007-08-09, 10:39 AM
Death scene forward:

Please be advised, I like to create detailed death scenes. Nothing that I write in the death scene is related to the game play mechanics besides the summary. If I mention another player in the scene in order to make it sound better/react to the mood of the game, DO NOT ASSUME that person's actions, thoughts, what have you, are related to how they did or did not vote. I am not trying to tip anyone off. I am not giving any hints. It is only a description. It is only for fun.


The sun sets on the little town of Unknownia, and the people, terrified by recent events, are quick to scurry back into their homes. All except two people.

The kobold stood toe to toe with Shadow, eyeing him down. "It is you! We should have lynched you! You're one of the werewolves."

Shadow dismissed the kobold with a wave of his hand, walking into his home furiously. Shortly thereafter, a thud was heard on the door. "Back for some more? Bring it on little man!"

The door splintered to pieces as a werewolf crashed through it, stumbling to the ground. Shadow grabbed a poker from his fire place, faux-fencing with it to keep the wolf at bay. The wolf tensed, leaping right at Shadow, but he was prepared, and evaded away as the wolf crashed into the wall. He ran through the door, about to yell for help.

It was pitch black outside, expect for a pair of red dots. Red eyes. Two pairs. Three pairs. Countless pairs. Shadow sighed as the pack leapt untop of him.

When morning finally came around, Shadow was missing, but a large area in front of his house was covered in blood.

Summary: Shadow, a villager, has been killed by werewolves.

Day begins, and will end on Saturday at approximately 11:30 AM EST.

Timberwolf
2007-08-09, 10:44 AM
Timberwolf looks at the ground.

"Shadow, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for doubting you." She says

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-09, 10:47 AM
The tree is shocked at the blood. Those near the tree can tell it is shocked because a branch fell off. "Viiilaageeerrrrrr. Damn weereewooolveessss."

Castaras
2007-08-09, 10:47 AM
The kitty wakes up, hissing, smelling wolf flesh. Its fur goes up and it runs from the porch into the woods, saying many very rude things in cat.

zeratul
2007-08-09, 10:57 AM
Zeratul Not being a fan of the light goes, and sits under the shade of the tree. He then listens for any news that could be useful in his hunt.

Vonriel
2007-08-09, 11:06 AM
Vonriel comes downstairs, removes the furniture from in front of his door, unlocks all the locks, and opens it up to notice the kitty is gone. Sighing a little, he shrugs. Cats will.. be.. cats.. As he gets to the end of the sentence, he notices the large splatter of blood on Shadow's front porch. Gods. They.. liquefied him.. He swallows audibly, trying to keep from throwing up right then and there. Trouble is, we don't have any motives for this attack. Coulda been to frame someone, coulda been because they knew he would figure it all out. I always thought he was too smart for his own good.. He sighs, and sits heavily in a chair on the porch.

Khaldan
2007-08-09, 12:05 PM
Damn. guess shadow wasnt trying to mess with us. Anyone got any ideas?

Pwenet
2007-08-09, 12:06 PM
"We have been betrayed!"

Those are the first words out of Pwenets mouth as he emerges from his store, holding a loaded crossbow and a flaming torch. He points the blazing torch at the tree.

"That tree somehow convinced us that Zar Peter was a Werewolf, and in our ignorance we killed what turned out to be a LEADER, one who could pull us out of these dark times and into the lighted world of no Werewolves. How will Zar Peter help us now, dead by our own hands? I am saddened that I was swayed by the Tree, yet now my eyes are OPEN! All that we can do is make sure that tree does not twist words and have us kill yet ANOTHER leader! I dare say that the tree is somehow, through dark magics, a WereWolf in disguise! BURN THE TREE (CurlyKitGirl)!!!

((Nothing personal, just RP'ing along with my character, and to get votes going.))

Zar Peter
2007-08-09, 12:08 PM
Hey, Shadow! I just found the bar. Let's get us some virgins to chat and watch the play!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-09, 12:26 PM
((ALso ZP was an RP point))

The tree appears to shy away from the fire without even moving. A wordless hiss comes from the Willows' leaves. A branch falls and points at Pwenet in its terror.

((Again an RP point in character. What tree enjoys a fire; aside from a suicidal one naturally?))

Pwenet
2007-08-09, 12:30 PM
((All trees fear fire, which is why I brought the torch :smallbiggrin: Of course if I'm another leader and get lynched cause of you, what does that say about your reputation :smallwink: Tis good fun in this game, but may thy who die, dies well this day.))

Seeing the tree point at him, Pwenet smiles and thrusts his torch a little closer to the tree.

"See how this bewitched and cursed thing does what it did last time? Don't read into its lies!"

Alarra
2007-08-09, 12:42 PM
Alarra flits out and over to her friend tree again. She glares at Pwenet. "No. We must protect the forest."

She then turns and glares at the tree, "And you stop accusing villagers or I'll stop trying to save you."

She spins in an elaborate twirl, her outstretched hand pausing to point at Timberwolf. "Spend the night in the forest?"

Khaldan
2007-08-09, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't be worried about them being in the forest. i'd be more worried about them being near Shadows house last night. And i think we have enough firewood for the moment.
He points at a rather large stack of firewood.
We could always get more later. Any other ideas?

Indurain
2007-08-09, 01:03 PM
Indurain wakes and comes down into the village to find the mutilated corpse of Shadow.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"What? A bit melodramatic? Fine. DO-OVER!"

Indurain walks away and then comes back again. He spots the corpse and walks over to it.

"Alas, poor Shadow, I knew him well."

With that he touches a finger to his ear, which allows him to hear all the discussion that took place while he was sleeping. He seems to nod his head a few times in understanding before turning back to address the rest of the village.

"While many of us were upset about the loss of Zar Peter, one person immediately went on the defensive claiming 'it wasn't my fault'. That seems mighty suspicious to me."

Indurain points at Timberwolf.

Shadow
2007-08-09, 01:17 PM
Hey, Shadow! I just found the bar. Let's get us some virgins to chat and watch the play!
"I love virgins! And I'll take a ghostly gin and tonic to go with it!"

Pwenet
2007-08-09, 01:28 PM
Pwenet frowns and thinks for a few minutes, reflected on Alarras words.

"You crazy psychedelic light show has convinced me that mayhapes I am acting to rashly in this case. It could be possible, nay, probable that the Tree was acting out of fear, and a horrible mistake was made. That being said."

Pwenet turns, pointing his crossbow at Timberwolf.

"Your actions are doth suspicious to my mind. Explain yourself!"

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-09, 01:53 PM
Fact: Timberwolf wanted to lynch Shadow today.
Fact: Shadow is now dead.
Fact: Timberwolf is actually named Timberwolf.
Conclusion: Timberwolf is a (timber)wolf.
Points at timberwolf

Keledrath
2007-08-09, 01:54 PM
Must identify leaders. Logic presented concurs with my conlusion.

(In English: Points at Timberwolf)

Castaras
2007-08-09, 02:15 PM
The kitten stalks over to the group, and glares at Timberwolf, tail twitching.

douglas
2007-08-09, 02:21 PM
Guess I'll join the bandwagon.

*Douglas points at Timberwolf*

HyramGraff
2007-08-09, 02:28 PM
I've never trusted hippies. HyramGraff points at Alarra.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-09, 02:41 PM
Mourning over the tragic mistake of the day past when his beloved village lost one of it's greatest assets, Taliesin ((me)) plays a mournful elegy on his lyre for both Zar Peter and Shadow.

"Life becomes a brittle thing
When we suspect our friends
And tragedy befalls us all
When beautiful life ends.

Today we mark two painful deaths
And blood's upon our hands,
Forget these men we sure will not
As sure as trees do stand.

After pausing a moment, he gazes around those assembled, and begins again.

"Our town is locked in epic fight,
Swift action we must take each night
Although, when we diffuse the light
Our judgements will not all be right.

When all fingers must turn to one,
And when the bloodshed has begun,
The wolf knows that he counts for none
When the fingers have attained the sum.

To say the wolves agreed with us
In our mistakes is dangerous
For to be sure, the wolf must trust
That logic sways the high'st of us.

And sure he must, to keep his ruse
Light another, lesser fuse.
Attend and sit in chapel pews
Instead of grand cathedral hues.

And thus, the wolf, so light and limber,
Whom we must set alight with tinder
And burn into a petty cinder
Is thus cut from the stock of Timber(wolf).

The evidence before the court is incontrovertible;
There's no need for the jury to reti...damn it! I did it again!"

The feathered bard looks away shyly. He wishes someone would invent the printing press already and get rid of this annoying oral tradition of poetry.

((i.e. the wolves know that their votes don't count, so the logic that they'd all get on the bandwagon is kind of thrown out the window. What they'd sooner do is simply point at anyone and let the villagers with logic make actual arguments to sway the leaders. So we can't necessarily assume that all the wolves were pointing at Zar Peter, though some most likely were.))

Khaldan
2007-08-09, 02:49 PM
Well, it seems we have a new prime suspect. That was a beutiful song tali.
*Khaldan points at timberwolf*

evnafets
2007-08-09, 03:47 PM
Well the current strategy seems to be all jump on one bandwagon, that way we camouflage the leaders with our votes, and the wolves can't root them out easily. Of course then the wolves also merge with the bandwagons, so it doesn't help to locate wolves.

In other words it is all just pot luck right now.

Obviously at least one leader was pointing at Zar Peter yesterday, but there are a lot of names on that list (20 or so). I'm not sure why Timberwolf has been picked as a target today, except that he didn't vote for Zar Peter, so removing him won't remove any of the 'camouflage'.

If we manage to get through the next few days, then the Seer can start building up contacts. I guess we just hope we don't lynch the seer in the meantime. Thats the risk we take with this tactic.

Vonriel
2007-08-09, 04:04 PM
Vonriel sighs and shakes his head. I'd say that Timberwolf ain't a wolf, but chances are the world would reorganize it so that she in fact was a wolf, just to spite me. I don't think the way you chose her is the right course, anyway. He sighs again. However, you're right in one thing, for now, it's safer to vote as a group to try and hide the leaders. Vonriel adds his vote for Timberwolf.

(( People, stop it with the usual tactics. You won't be able to identify wolves by vote, at least not as easily. ZRS was right: Wolf votes don't count, so they won't bother doing much more than adding to a total to cause votes like mine, which are done to try to hide the leaders. We're our own worst enemy, this game more so than others. Try and remember this. ))

zeratul
2007-08-09, 04:19 PM
Zeratul, waters listens to the Storm coming in, and walks over to pwenet "Don't mess with the forest. It's an easy way for us to track the wolves, and for us to hide in. Unless you want me hunting you of course."

evnafets
2007-08-09, 04:39 PM
Evvie wakes up to the sound of ZombieRockStar's elegy. Rolling over he bounces out of bed, grabs his "rifle" and runs downstairs for breakfast.
Morning Mom! Whats for breakfast? Porridge? Ok, but can we have bacon and eggs tomorrow? Did you hear that cool song ZRS was singing? It sounded rather sad though. I wonder what he's sad about?
I'm going to be visiting my friend Shadow today. He said he would take me fishing!

....

What? Shadow won't be able to go fishing with me? Why not?

...

Oh.

Evvie picks up an apple, and then walks slowly out the door on his way to school.

whitehelm
2007-08-09, 06:44 PM
Joining the bandwagon, pointing at Timberwolf.

All we can do is protect the leaders the best we can, I think the special roles will decide this one.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-09, 08:15 PM
This huge, single bandwagon is good, as it gives the wolves no clues about the leaders. Perhaps we should try to vote that way whenever possible.

Ink
2007-08-09, 08:27 PM
The dog barks at Timberwolf.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-09, 08:51 PM
In the taproom, Andre sullenly sweeps around two clients that have decided to sleep on his floor amid the broken glass and popcorn.

With a sigh, he takes two empty shot glasses - one for Zar Peter, and the other for Shadow - and places them upside down on the mantel, never to be used again.

Opening the window to let the sun into the tavern and air out the...aroma of the night before, Andre sees the villagers begin to point en masse at Timberwolf.

Helgraf
2007-08-09, 09:24 PM
Helgraf moves into the village.

"Yer all was sayin' that ZP was a wolf. Now yer all sayin - or mostly sayin' Timber. Ain't nothing of sense in this, either. But you, *pointing at HyramGraff* seem to have an unnatural bias against nature, pointing at Mistress Alarra like that. Like perhaps a bloodthirsty abomination of the night might.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-09, 09:36 PM
I thin Helgraf does indeed have a good point, and I'm not convinced enough yet, and won't start hopping on the bandwagon for no reason. That being said...l points at dun-dun-DUUN I'm not really sure who to point at right now, but he's as good as any other right now.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-09, 10:16 PM
*The two llamas trot out in the morning and the lucha llama looks ill as he seems the remains of Shadow. He bleats out in disbelief*

You want me to fight one of those? Look what he did to that guy.

*This doesn't seem to phase the other big wooly headed llama* Do you know who he was?

No.

Neither do I, but I know who he wasn't. He wasn't a well trained Llucha llamador with hooves of steel and a roar like a cloud breaking.

I....I don't even know what that means.

(hmm......I've been trying to wrap my head around the best way to play this game. After all, I often say that the inability to adapt to the game mechanics is what dooms the villagers. So far the mass bandwagon seems like a good idea, but one or two fringes won't hurt, otherwise the wolves will probably just eliminate every one who stays on the bandwagon.)

I point at Indurain just to mess with any excel sheets the wolves are making :smalltongue:

Khaldan
2007-08-09, 10:18 PM
((llama.. you make my head hurt. Note to self: buy asprin after looking at llama post.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-08-09, 10:27 PM
Points at Alarra

I've been stung by this 'Queen Bee' before.. best to keep an eye or two on her.

evnafets
2007-08-09, 10:41 PM
ooooo! ooooo! Its the Lucha Llamadore!
rushes up to Atreyu
Are you really the Llamadore? Really?
My Mom doesn't really like me watching wrestling, but sometimes I sneak out with my Dad.
You're gonna smash these bad wolves up in to little pieces aren't you? Aren't You?
'cause you're the greatest llama wrestler in the whole world!
Can I get your autograph Mr Llamadore?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-09, 11:15 PM
((llama.. you make my head hurt. Note to self: buy asprin after looking at llama post.))

(I try not to post the images of the two llamas each time, although you really need to see the Don King llama for it to work.)

*The llucha llama smiles and wags as he turns to Evnafets.*
Yep. I'm the llucha llama. I'm gonna smash those werewolves and knock one down and hit it with the most high flying finisher today, the dreaded "Spinning Ungulate Body Splash"

*The llama in red pulls out an ink stamper from a back pack and stomps his hoof on it and then stomps a piece of paper. His nervousness about fighting a werewolf is all but gone, while in front of the kid*

whitehelm
2007-08-10, 01:00 AM
If everyone was on one bandwagon, the wolves would have the entire village to pick their kill from...which they already have. On the other extreme, if everyone voted for different people, once the tie breakers were worked out, the wolves would have a very short list to get a leader from. Obviously these extremes aren't going to happen, but obviously bandwagons protect better.

Of course if you have a very good reason to vote against someone else, post it and try to shift everyone's vote.

Indurain
2007-08-10, 01:36 AM
Indurain listens in on the talk of the Llamador and nods his head in admiration.

He walks over to a nearby well, and pulls something out of it. He heads over to the Llama and hands him the item.

"My mother gave this to me before she died. It was her lucky machete. You can have it."

((Reference cookie up for grabs. Think about it...Lucha...machete...))

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-10, 02:09 AM
The old beggar limps towards Alarra and taps her on the shoulder with his walking stick.
Charity for the poor m'am?

((She's hasn't started as a WW in so many games now that she probably is one this time. That and I've seen enough rainbow colored script in Revolution II to last me a lifetime.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-10, 02:15 AM
Yep. I'm the llucha llama. I'm gonna smash those werewolves and knock one down and hit it with the most high flying finisher today, the dreaded "Spinning Ungulate Body Splash" ((Why does this sound like something you'd get at Bath & Body Works?))

InaVegt
2007-08-10, 02:35 AM
Young Gez comes out of her home with a bit of red stuff on her left cheek, as she looks in the river she notices it
and wipes it of. Where's Shadow? He, Evvie and I would go fishing with him today

On the way to school Gez points at Alarra

alec
2007-08-10, 04:13 AM
Alec sees the people pointing at Alarra, and joins in. "Never trust someone in a tie-died outfit."

Lucky
2007-08-10, 04:19 AM
Updated as of post #166

Alarra
alec
Eldritch Knight
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
HyramGraff

dun-dun-DUUN
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

Indurain
Atreyu the Masked LLama

Pwenet
CurlyKitGirl

Timberwolf
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Bookboy
Castaras
douglas
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink
Khaldan
Pwenet
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zeb The Troll
ZombieRockStar
[Insert Neat Username Here]

Not Yet Voted
Raiser_B1ade
Malmagor Andrigal
dun-dun-DUUN
Bassetking
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Jontom Xire
EmeraldRose
Raistlin1040
janusnori
evnafets
pingcode20
Krursk
Funkyodor
Zeratul
Raldor
Flying Elephant
doliemaster
Timberwolf

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-10, 04:41 AM
Zeb, after sleeping in late this morning, wanders out of the very large room he's been given to stay in. (They must think I'm someone important!)

Stepping out into the street he here's some commotion going on between someone speaking in rainbow bubbles trying to protect a tree and this Timberwolf person. Not wanting to feel left out, *Zeb points at Timberwolf* along with the majority, though not thoroughly convinced there's any real reason to be doing so.

Jontom Xire
2007-08-10, 06:53 AM
In reply to Indurain's earlier comment and general analysis:

The werewolves' best tactic is to try to start secondary bandwagons of as close as possible size as the primary.


As Whitehelm, and possibly Evnafets (can't be bothered to double check) have pointed out, this would start to give them a check list. They can start seeing patterns. For that reason I find those pointing at Alarra suspicious, and also that 3rd and 4th vote in that list are liable to be most supicious.

For a similar reason I find Atreyu suspicious. He claims to point at Indurain to throw off any wolves making Excel spreadsheets. However in fact this will help them. Has he just made an honest mistake, or is he trying to mislead us by claiming a good motive for a poor action?

The Werewolves would most like everyone to vote for someone completely different on the grounds that the lynchee would be the first person pointed at by a leader - instant identification of a victim to be eaten.

The best way to beat the werewolves is for everyone to have some discussion, and once a most popular lynchee is found, for everyone to vote for that person, and anyone who has already voted elsewhere to change their vote. As people have pointed out, we cannot find wolves by voting patterns. They don't know who each other are, and so will not be voting in concert even if they wanted to. Also their votes don't count so there is no way to distinguish between villagers and wolves. Lastly, leaders don't know they are leaders. Nor do they know who each other are. So you cannot analyse how people voted, you can only analyse the final votes to cross reference between different rounds and hence find the leaders.

Hence in logical conclusion, and as many people have stated, the best way to protect the leaders is for EVERYONE to vote en masse, as a single block, for one person.

Jontom Xire points at TimberWolf.

I suggest that in the next few rounds we concentrate on lynching all those who have tried to persuade/mislead people into splitting the voting.

Timberwolf
2007-08-10, 07:40 AM
Spend the night in the forest ?

((edited for the colour blind and because I didn't want all of it and couldn't be doing with locating the bits I wanted))

Nope, I spent it in my bed thank you. Why ? How do you know people were in the forest ? Seems really damn suspicious to me that you were out in the forest to come back with this knowledge..

Points right back at Alarra.

And I see Jontom's leapt on the bandwagon. hello Jontom, here again are we ? After the last time we spent pointing at each other I can see why you want revenge. of course, we were both wrong, weren't we ? I was hoping for a touch more from you than just leaping on the nearest bandwagon. Ah dear. I love bandwagons. The minimum of thought for the maximum wolfy gain.

doliemaster
2007-08-10, 09:14 AM
The magic talking dolie walks out, and says,"Wow, I guess being nocturnal isn't a great idea, better warn Neo of that when I'm done with this beta." He then stares at the insanity before screaming,"CAN'T YOU SEE THIS FEAR IS TEARING US APART!?The dolie then stares at Alarra and says,"And I can't get enough of it!" He then points at Alarra.

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 09:53 AM
(( You know, I'm beginning to get rather suspicious of those of you who keep posting these wolf strategies publicly.. ))

Krursk
2007-08-10, 10:46 AM
((I think the wolf tacftics are carefully molded to explain why we should vote for the other guy and why they're completely harmless))

Krursk, after a while of indescision finally choses a side of his own Well, the Alarra bandwagon is completely random, anti0nature and in some cases retaliatory, but the Timberwolf bandwagon has a song. How can you compete? Krursk points at Timberwolf

Timberwolf
2007-08-10, 10:56 AM
Actually, the Alarra bandwagon is not retalliatory since a few people had voted Alarra before I logged on for the 1st time.

Now, a load of people have said that they're jumping on the bandwagon against me. Know what that says to me ? They don't think I'm a wolf but don't have the guts to go against those who are leading them by the nose. The minority bandwagon here at least claims to be full of people who actually think Alarras a wolf.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-10, 11:01 AM
For a similar reason I find Atreyu suspicious. He claims to point at Indurain to throw off any wolves making Excel spreadsheets. However in fact this will help them. Has he just made an honest mistake, or is he trying to mislead us by claiming a good motive for a poor action?


No. He's just being a nebbish. Trust me, I know the guy. While ultimately, lumping everyone together is probably the best strategy, its mindless robotic nature kinda bores him, so he throws a vote out at Indy every now and then to break the monotony. Exachix isn't playing and the llucha llama and Indy have history, so it seems fun.

Frankly, he's not acting like he usually does when he's a wolf. When he's a villager, he actually cranks up the suspicius nature of his posts so the wolves will be less tempted to eat him, hoping the villagers will get him. When he's a wolf, he'll usually RP but not really draw attention to himself. He'd have completely ignored your post because responding so hard and fast against it looks suspicious in the eyes of many people. However, since he's a villager he wants to look suspicious, so he posts a long response to you.


(( You know, I'm beginning to get rather suspicious of those of you who keep posting these wolf strategies publicly.. ))

It seems to me that ordinarily the wolves will be more focused on the games than the common villagers, and we've already established that not paying attention to the new rules and concepts in a game will quickly spell defeat for the villagers. So odds are that any strategies that are discussed by villagers in the open, the wolves have pondered about in secret. This only allows a more open discussion for the villagers to try to figure out how best to play this game.

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 11:39 AM
(( Well, as I've said in the past, you are the master of fuzzy logic, llama. :smallwink:

And, while you're right, LLama, I also had to point out the folly of discussing in detail the different strategies the wolves could use to win. And I like the nickname you gave to Jontom :smallbiggrin: ))

janusnori
2007-08-10, 01:09 PM
I think at this point it would be best for us to all vote for one person because voting for Alarra would cause 2 similarly sized bandwagons that wolves could use to compare.

*points at Timberwolf*

We can get Alarra tomorrow.

Timberwolf
2007-08-10, 02:15 PM
Narrators, it would appear that I'm it. I've sent you my poor excuse for a death scene. I don't mind being toast, you can end the day now if you want to.

But you lot had better scrag Alarra tomorrow...
Good luck the wolfies, HOWWWWLLLLLL
I don't mind dying but I do mind dying just because you lot can present a united front, not because you actually think someone's guilty.

Tormsskull
2007-08-10, 02:24 PM
Narrators, it would appear that I'm it. I've sent you my poor excuse for a death scene. I don't mind being toast, you can end the day now if you want to.


My plan is to stick to the schedule, at least early in the game, so as to lend stability to the auto-lynch procedure and other minor things.

HyramGraff
2007-08-10, 02:25 PM
White text removed.


But you lot had better scrag Alarra tomorrow...
Good luck the wolfies, HOWWWWLLLLLL
I don't mind dying but I do mind dying just because you lot can present a united front, not because you actually think someone's guilty.

Well I didn't think you were a wolf, but now you changed my mind. HyramGraff points at Timberwolf.

Timberwolf
2007-08-10, 02:40 PM
What can I say Hyramgraff, other than you bright lot have caused me to wish good luck to those who would destroy you.

For those who missed it,

GO WOLFIES

*Starts doing Naked Werewolf Dance*

((I'm trying to get a record majority here

You could just have a slightly longer night time but I see your point.))

Jontom Xire
2007-08-10, 02:48 PM
And I see Jontom's leapt on the bandwagon. hello Jontom, here again are we ? After the last time we spent pointing at each other I can see why you want revenge.

Hmm, you obviously didn't read my post. This has nothing to do with revenge at all.



I was hoping for a touch more from you than just leaping on the nearest bandwagon. Ah dear. I love bandwagons. The minimum of thought for the maximum wolfy gain.

I write a lengthy post of logical analysis and you claim I'm using the minimum of thought? Please! I can understand you not reading it all, but claiming it doesn't exist? Are you blind?



Now, a load of people have said that they're jumping on the bandwagon against me. Know what that says to me ? They don't think I'm a wolf but don't have the guts to go against those who are leading them by the nose. The minority bandwagon here at least claims to be full of people who actually think Alarras a wolf.


Yes, you obviously haven't read not only my analysis, but any of those by other players, who have noticed the immediate and obvious outcome of the rules change: to whit that voting en masse and as a block protects our precious leaders.


I think you're doing a Vonriel. In the last Pirates game Vonriel posted what (he admitted to me in PMs after he died) were blatant lies in an attempt to survive. You're clearly posting blatant lies, and obviously it's to survive. Unfortunately the passengers attempts to lynch me helped the pirates in the last game. Please let's not do the same in this game. To be honest I don't think the effect will be as bad because as soon as I get a significant majority I will be encouraging everyone to vote for me to just to protect the leaders by getting as much of an en masse voting block as possible.

Timberwolf
2007-08-10, 02:52 PM
waffle waffle snip.

*starts laughing and points the long winded one to previous post.*

Arrrr. Avast me blood soaked landlubber. I posted that when I thought I might be able to turn people's opinions around but I'm too far in the hole to come out now short of divine intervention so I'm not going to try. Nope, I'm toast.

GO WOLFIES !

Edit.

Oh, yeah, one thing Jontom, I don't deny that the process of thinking went on in your mind but whether thought came out ? Well, I still think you saw a bandwagon and leapt. Sorry me bucko but it'll take a lot to shift my views on that, just like yours, especially not some logic that sucks.

And one more thing, please forgive me, your royal moral high groundness for actually trying to pull people's opinions around with a few thought out responses. So sorry to have actually tried. Now that I know I'm gone I can say this. Since when has "No I'm not a werewolf" been any defence in the face of a bandwagon that was huge when I first found it ? Nope. No help whatsoever. So less of the "Pulling a Vonriel" please. Nothing I've posted was a lie.

Should you get the burning desire to respond, I suggest you make it by PM. Hijacking another thread with this is not my desire or intention.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-10, 04:37 PM
i point at dun dun duun

just cuz

whitehelm
2007-08-10, 05:34 PM
Raiser_B1ade: You do know that Timberwolf has admitted to being a wolf right?

Timberwolf
2007-08-10, 05:37 PM
Yep, says so right there in the name.

pingcode20
2007-08-10, 06:35 PM
Point Timberwolf

"Wouldn't want to disappoint."

Vonriel
2007-08-10, 07:53 PM
(( Just to clarify, I prefer the term "twisted the truth" to "blatant lie." :smalltongue: And am I really going to get a behavior named after me? Because that's not the one I want if I do.. ))

zeratul
2007-08-10, 07:55 PM
Zeratul sharpens his knife. "Well they're all going for timberwolf 'eh? I don't believe it, the most obvious choice is often faulty."

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-08-10, 08:31 PM
Dun-dun-DUUN frowns slightly at the accusations made at him.
"Hm? I doubt I warrant any attention, and I'm certainly not a werewolf. However, I strongly doubt that anyone who has admitted to being a werewolf would actually be a werewolf. Rather, it would be an action more fitting to the village fool."
Sitting on a rock, he ponders.
"On the other hand, Llamas remind me of a goat, which reminds me of sheep, which remind me of sheepdogs, which reminds me of wolves, which remind me of werewolves."
He nods, satisfied with his (perhaps slightly flawed) logic, and points at Atreyu the Masked LLama.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-10, 08:54 PM
It seems to me that ordinarily the wolves will be more focused on the games than the common villagers, and we've already established that not paying attention to the new rules and concepts in a game will quickly spell defeat for the villagers. So odds are that any strategies that are discussed by villagers in the open, the wolves have pondered about in secret. This only allows a more open discussion for the villagers to try to figure out how best to play this game.

The llama's words could sure ring true
If but for one distressing fact
That he's forgotten to include.

The wolves have a chaotic pact,
Their numbers are unknown to all,
Including those among their pack.

This "logic" is a telling fall,
A subtle but effective note,
That speaks to those who heed its call.

And thus, with Reason's message wrote
And the only evidence we have to prove,
To the LLama I shall change my vote.

So bitter it is,
Death is little more...uh...I mean...damn." He blushes and curses.

((Remember that this is a paranoia game and the wolves don't have the ability to really confer until the Devil finds them out and gathers them, which wouldn't be this early. I think LLama's subtly trying to throw us off track by "forgetting" this and making us think that the werewolves are discussing strategy. He's trying to get us to discuss possible strategy right in front of the wolves.))

Bassetking
2007-08-10, 10:16 PM
Points at Timberwolf

evnafets
2007-08-10, 11:01 PM
Well Gez lets go fishing anyway in the pond, even if Shadow can't take us. We can go see the turtle anyway! Turtles are cool. And did you hear they've caught a wolf? Everyone's saying he admitted it!

evnafets points at Timberwolf

Helgraf
2007-08-11, 01:13 AM
Updated as of post #166

Alarra
alec
Eldritch Knight
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
HyramGraff

dun-dun-DUUN
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom

Indurain
Atreyu the Masked LLama

Pwenet
CurlyKitGirl

Timberwolf
Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
Bookboy
Castaras
douglas
Helgraf <--- This is simply incorrect, sir.
Indurain
Ink
Khaldan
Pwenet
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zeb The Troll
ZombieRockStar
[Insert Neat Username Here]

Not Yet Voted
Raiser_B1ade
Malmagor Andrigal
dun-dun-DUUN
Bassetking
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Jontom Xire
EmeraldRose
Raistlin1040
janusnori
evnafets
pingcode20
Krursk
Funkyodor
Zeratul
Raldor
Flying Elephant
doliemaster
Timberwolf

Umm, I pointed at HyramGraff, not Timberwolf.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-11, 01:42 AM
thats the point timberwolf is screwed why waste my tottaly random logic
on a sure guess

hmm eeny meeny miny mo

i change my vote to atreyu cuz we seem to be building momentum for

"lynch the llama day":smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-11, 03:37 AM
[color=purple]T

((Remember that this is a paranoia game and the wolves don't have the ability to really confer until the Devil finds them out and gathers them, which wouldn't be this early. I think LLama's subtly trying to throw us off track by "forgetting" this and making us think that the werewolves are discussing strategy. He's trying to get us to discuss possible strategy right in front of the wolves.))

(actually, I didn't forget that. You'll note that in my language, I said that "The wolves have pondered about in secret." I did not say "The wolves are discussing amongst themselves." )

*The llama points to Timberwolf* (I'm sorry lass, but ultimately, the leaders need to be protected for the threat to be eliminated. If it makes you feel any better, it looks like I'll be joining you in a day or two. But take joy in the fact that we are helping reveal the wolves by seeing those who seek secondary bandwagons this close to a lynching in order to dilute the potential leader pool.)

Timberwolf
2007-08-11, 04:22 AM
Sorry forget

*points at self*

Come on, help me out here, I'm going for a unaminous verdict !

Shadow
2007-08-11, 04:24 AM
*Shadow points a ghostly finger at Zar Peter*

Helgraf
2007-08-11, 07:43 AM
*Shadow points a ghostly finger at Zar Peter*

Hey, you, dead man. No actions that might influence the votes of the living!

Zar Peter
2007-08-11, 07:49 AM
Zar Peter stands up from the bar, pushes a virgin to the side and rushes over to Shadow.
Are you searching for trouble here in the afterlife?

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 10:06 AM
*Miss Rose comes out of the school house, as though afraid of her own shadow*

I don't know who to believe anymore! This whole town has gone crazy! Anyone here could be a wolf in disguise...anyone! Even you!

*She points at Timberwolf*

All of you stay away from me!

*Miss Rose goes back into the school house, slams the door, and the sounds of a lock clicking can be heard from within*

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 10:17 AM
Vonriel overhears the silliness between Zar Peter and Shadow. Can.. can you even lynch a ghost?

Tormsskull
2007-08-11, 10:45 AM
[lynchee provided death scene]
The baying crowd closes in on Timberwolf. She faces them down, glaring at Alarra. "Well, it looks to me like someone else was out last night.". She also looks over at Jontom Xire. "And I thought what we had was special, yet you turn on me at the first sign of trouble. I curse you."

The crowd stops. Curses ? What ? Witchcraft ?

The crowd surges forward screaming "Burn the witch !", all mention of werewolves forgotten.

Someone shoots Timberwolf in the chest with an arrow. She stands there grinning.

"Didn't hurt. I can do this all day if you like."

Someone shoots again, this time with a silver tipped arrow. Timberwolf falls to the ground, dead, reverting to her natural wolfy form.

Timberwolf was (strangely) a werewolf.
[/lynchee provided death scene]

Afterwords, the people of Unknownia, invigorated by their discovery of a wolf, when on hunting. They dragged from their homes two villagers who had been very silent. Raistlin1040 and Funkyodor were lynched right next to one another. But neither turned into werewolves. In fact, both had a ton of mourners.

Summary: Timberwolf, a werewolf, was lynched. Raistlin1040, a Leader, was autolynched due to non-participation. Funkyodor, a Leader, was autolynched due to non-participation.

Day ends, and night begins, and will last until 11:30 AM tomorrow (Sunday).

Castaras
2007-08-11, 10:48 AM
(( ...Crap. Two leaders autolynched? Woah... ))

The kitten mews sadly, hissing at the corpse of Timberwolf, before stalking off into the night.

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 11:04 AM
(( Dammit, people :smallsigh: ))

EmeraldRose
2007-08-11, 11:07 AM
((two leaders auto'd? oh man..I didn't think about that possibility...:smalleek: We need to get participation up!!!))

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 11:14 AM
A solemn Andre places two more shot glasses on the shelf, one for Raistlin, and one for Funkyodor.


He then heads out to the barn behind the tavern/inn, and walks around back. Softly shooing some of the chickens out of the way, he opens the shed door and pulls out his old practice dummy.

The straw filled practice dummy is dressed as a Cardinal's guard.

Andre returns back inside, grabs a rapier, returns outside and with a wink towards Rose begins his practice routine.

"Eye must geet in shape!"

zeratul
2007-08-11, 11:25 AM
(Three leaders already this is pretty bad :smalleek: )

Zeratul looks surprised at timberwolf's corpse, "So you were one of those demons." He spits on the corpse, walks into the tavern, and orders a whisky.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 12:04 PM
Hearing he has a customer, Andre picks up his shirt and walks back into to the tavern to serve his clients.

" 'Ey, maybee ve should 'ave a contest to name thees tavern... A free keg's worth of credit to zee best name!"


(***We'll even have clerics cast Speak with Dead so we can take submissions from those that have passed***)

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-11, 12:28 PM
((Crikey. Well good on pickin' out a wolf, but leaders getting autolynched really chaps my hide.))

At hearing the prospect of free beer, Zeb decides he needs to put in a few nominations in hopes of winning.

The Dew Drop Inn? No, been done too many times. The Fat Lute? The Tied Eye?

Pwenet
2007-08-11, 01:19 PM
Saddened by the death of two of the leaders in this fine village, Pwenet makes his way to the bar to drown his sorrows in a manly fashion. Hearing about the contest, he thinks for a second.

"How about 'Wolves Bane'? Also I'll have a dark ale."

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-11, 01:47 PM
Wow...We're really off to a great start for this one. Sheesh. (shaking his head as he heads home for the night).

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-11, 02:04 PM
"Laike the name. Ve'll let the village determine the name with votes.

Dirk ail? Try thees bottle of "Black Devil Dark Ail (http://ravenwolfebrewhouse.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/1-the-black-devil-dark-ale/). Aye haveunt tryed eet, but heer tis gud."

Timberwolf
2007-08-11, 02:50 PM
The ghost of the wolfie does a little dance.

That'll do me, I may be dead but that's 2 leaders out of the way. I shall be watching this from the afterlife with interest.

Thank you and GO WOLFIES !!

Shadow
2007-08-11, 03:21 PM
Timberwolf and Shadow and Peter watch the rest of the game while enjoying ghostly rice-crispy-treats.
Nice play at the end there. I would say that if it weren't for the mechanics of this particular game, you might have stood a shot at surviving that.

Pwenet
2007-08-11, 03:21 PM
Pwenet opens up one of the offered bottles, pours it into a nice big mug and takes a swig.

"That hits the spot there."

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-11, 06:04 PM
Taliesin takes a spot in the tavern and begins to sing to the patrons there:

One werewolf now lies bound and dead
A fierce and bloody gain
For which we've paid an awful price
Six of us by name:

Lucky, Tormskull, Shadow, Peter
Raistlin, Funkyodor.
And knowing that we still aren't safe,
Our victory grows colder.

Suspicion is among us still:
A dark yet flowering rose.
But knowing that we still will fight,
We terrify our foes.

So let us drink with merry cheer
From the tankard's wooden rim
And let the wolf tremble in fear
As he knows we're after him.

So we'll march day and night,
By the big cooling tower.
They have the plant...oops. Wrong song again." :smallredface:

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-08-11, 07:23 PM
"...That's one werewolf down... and three leaders," he sighed," I doubt that this could've gone on to a worse start."

Dun-dun-DUUN frowns, but still stares suspiciously at the Llama, maintaining that Atreyu was a werewolf. He points at

Vonriel
2007-08-11, 07:25 PM
*pssst* It's night time. :smallwink:

@v We can only hope.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-11, 09:29 PM
It'd be nice if the wolves, not knowing who each other were, killed one of their own.

Helgraf
2007-08-12, 01:13 AM
Ahh bloody 'ell. One wolf for three leaders?

:cusses under his breath as he heads home:

doliemaster
2007-08-12, 04:52 AM
The dolie looks at timberwolfs corpse and says,"You failed to survive, great, I hope the other wolfs last longer, after all, we can't win if you wolfs don't pull off your end of it." The dolie then walks away cackiling.

Krursk
2007-08-12, 06:23 AM
The dolie looks at timberwolfs corpse and says,"You failed to survive, great, I hope the other wolfs last longer, after all, we can't win if you wolfs don't pull off your end of it." The dolie then walks away cackiling.

Wait, what? I think Doliemaster is either insane or some sort of wolf-equivalent

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-12, 08:11 AM
Andre gets out of bed to open the tavern for the day. During the crisis, the unnamed tavern/inn has been receiving more business than usual.

In the tavern, a chalkboard lists the specials, and what is currently on tap. It also lists the four most recent votes for the naming contest -

The Dew Drop Inn - Nominated, 0 votes
The Fat Lute - 1 vote
The Tied Eye - 1 vote
Wolves Bane - 1 vote

With a free credit for a keg, the voting is intense resulting in a three-way tie.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-12, 09:15 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/donking.gif
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/llamadore2.gif

*The two llamas watch the scene and as the lucha llama heads off to bed, his manager perks up*

I've got it. Stay right here. *He runs off, while the wrestling llama stands around looking confused.*

*A few minutes later, the manager returns with a bucket, a shovel, and a blanket.*

I've got it, kid. Fans love stipulations. Not only will we have you fight a werewolf, we'll have a bucket on a pole match. We'll hang the bucket from the top of the pole and the first person to reach it can use it. It'll be titanic, classic, the town of Kingsville will talk about it for years.

*Llucha llama sniffs the bucket suspiciously and looks to his manager* Did you just try to name the town after yourself and I believe this bucket is filled with BBQ sauce. How am I supposed to climb a pole anyway? I've got hooves!!

And I've got a contract. You're sleeping out here tonight to fight a wolf.

*The llucha llama just sighs and curls up on the blanket, keeping an eye out for wolves.*

Tormsskull
2007-08-12, 11:21 AM
With night hanging heavy on the town of Unknownia, and the villagers all tucked away in their homes, a loud howl is heard outside.

...

He stood there, looking out the window, wondering how many wolves there were. Then, when the moon was full, he changed. His body grew thick fur, his finger nails replaced by sharp claws, and his teeth grew and gained wicked points. It was time to feed. He could think of nothing else.

He threw the door to his home open and rushed outside, going on all fours. In front of him were several other wolves. He looked around, wondering who the target was tonight. When the wolves all jumped towards him, he realized, HE was the target.

Summary: Jontom Xire, a werewolf, was killed by the werewolves.

Night ends, day begins and will end on Tuesday August 14th at approximately 11:30 AM.

zeratul
2007-08-12, 11:25 AM
I like the wolvesbane for a name.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-12, 11:27 AM
((HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh YES!!!!!! This made my day!!!!))

*Miss Rose hears the rumors and runs to see the truth for herself!*

It is true! They killed one of their own! HA!

*Smirking, she walks back to the schoolhouse to open for the day*

Khaldan
2007-08-12, 11:30 AM
That. Was. AWESOME! Anyone got any ideas?

Pwenet
2007-08-12, 11:37 AM
((Oh man, that is simply to funny!))

Pwenet breaks down laughing at the sight of a WereWolf, having been killing by its own kin.

"What did he do? Lick the leaders daughter?"

Keledrath
2007-08-12, 11:39 AM
This is odd. But awesome. Look for patterns.

Helgraf
2007-08-12, 01:09 PM
Patterns in what?

Keledrath
2007-08-12, 01:12 PM
Who gets pointed at by who, and who the werewolves kill. If a werewolf tries to kill someone via pointing, they'll probably try and kill them via werewolf pack attack.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-12, 01:27 PM
The tree drops a branch on itself . The tree is confused because a werewolf was killed by werewolves and because there is an OOC note pinned to its trunk:


Due to a family problem I may not be on for four or five days. Please do not autolynch me; and for every Day I point at myself.
Regards, TreePlayer

Furthermore, the tree is currently embroiled in a minor fight against termites and is becoming bored. Cursing could be distinguished in the wind; if one bothered to listen; and this sentiment: "Woolvvessss Bane'ssss a nicce nammee."

whitehelm
2007-08-12, 03:54 PM
Only one person has ever voted for Jontom, Indurain in day 1. This was also going against the bandwagon at the time, which is a bad strategy.

However, I am more concerned with doliemaster, who acted like a werewolf last night. This is a very good strategy for wolves to avoid suspicion (I've used it effectively in realtime games many times), so I make a point to point at whoever does so. If he's a villager, then all wolf-claiming does is distract people from the real wolves, which is bad villager strategy.

Therefore I will point at doliemaster, and leave Indurain for tomorrow. If you guys decide to bandwagon Indurain today, I'll change my vote, and vote for dolie tomorrow.

Castaras
2007-08-12, 03:58 PM
The kitten hisses at the corpse of Jontom Xire, before stalking over to the paranoid crowd. It makes a move for the WolvesBane idea for the pub name, before walking over to a random NPC, purring. This NPC picks up the kitten, stroking it gently, while the kitten flicks its tail at Doilemaster, also suspicious of the "acting like a werewolf" act.

Vonriel
2007-08-12, 03:58 PM
(( Bookboy, there won't be any patterns to look at. The wolves don't know who the other wolves are, and won't be able to coordinate points. No one even pointed at JX yesterday, it was a little side argument between Timberwolf and him that got him killed. It's also likely that they're going for anyone who has been known to identify wolves in the past. ))

Keledrath
2007-08-12, 04:03 PM
(I know, but it has potential. Do were-wolves count for lynch votes?)

EmeraldRose
2007-08-12, 04:04 PM
((no, they don't))

evnafets
2007-08-12, 04:25 PM
Evvie skips into the classroom - Hi Miss Rose! (he gives the teacher an apple)
What are we learning about today? Did you hear the wolves are fighting each other?
I think thats cool!
I've still got my gun loaded with silver bullets though (holds up tree branch) - so those wolves better watch out!

Gez and I went fishing yesterday, but we didn't catch anything without Shadow there to help us.
And we even didn't see the turtle either - he was off hiding somewhere.

OH! I hear the DolieMaster is a werewolf too!
Something he said last night about wanting the wolves to last longer.
I think hes a bad man for wanting the wolves to win.

evnafets points at DolieMaster

Keledrath
2007-08-12, 04:29 PM
Points at doliemaster.
The small one has a point. Have some wolfsbane. Also, I can find witches. Throw them in a lake, and if they float, they're made of wood, so you can burn them. If they drown, they're normal people.

(I love Monty Python logic.)

Alarra
2007-08-12, 05:38 PM
((Haha!! Nice!! That almost makes up for having 2 leaders autolynched))

The woman wanders about looking at the sky and refraining from speaking or pointing at this time for a couple of reasons. 1. People get annoyed when she talks and she doesn't really have time right now to 'rainbow it up'. and 2. She doesn't have any reason to point yet.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-12, 07:01 PM
"Yes, Doliemaster does seem to incriminate himself very much last night. I mean unless he wants to give up on the game, he'd really have no reason for giving himself up that easily. Unless it's actually a ruse to draw out other wolves. That being said, I'll point at Castaras. I'm going to reserve judgement on Doliemaster for now, but I reserve the right to be wrong in this.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-12, 07:37 PM
(Sorry I haven't been around. It's a busy weekend)

Raldor points at Doliemaster

Eldritch Knight
2007-08-12, 07:44 PM
EK points at doilemaster

Madmal
2007-08-12, 07:49 PM
Siding with wolves? bad, my friend, bad.

*Mal points at doilemaster

Ink
2007-08-12, 08:14 PM
((Hm... lynching the person who openly plays a wolf has not worked well in previous games. Random point at Atreyu for now, while I think about it a bit more.))

The dog sniffs around the murder scene.

"Woof woof, Woof-woof woof! Woof woof woof!*"

He looks over at the Llucha Llama.

"Woof woof, woof woof woof, woof! Woof! Woof-woof!**"

*It seems what happened here is that wolf tried to challenge the Alpha's dominance in the pack and was torn apart as a result.

**Hey, Mr. Llucha Llama, I know how you can save this village. All you have to do is fight the Alpha wolf and win and then you'll have control over the wolf pack! Simple!

Alarra
2007-08-12, 08:25 PM
Alarra points at Doliemaster

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-12, 08:34 PM
Andre satisfies the village's wishes and begins painting the name "The Wolvesbane" on the doors.

"Hey Doliemaster, do you have any paints I can trade you beer for?"

After painting the new signs, Andre rolls Pwenet's reserve keg into the cooler, and prepares free samples to the other voters. He also takes some mineral water out to the tree. (*Sorry about the family emergency!*)

zeratul
2007-08-12, 10:20 PM
Zeratul loads his gun with two silver bullets, and points at Doliemaster.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-08-12, 10:38 PM
Ol' Man Fullbladder' faulty memory, colon, and left lung finally kick in and he arrives on the scene, immediately pointing at doliemaster.

"Young whatzits. I haven't been able to get my nap in with yer wretched stereo blarin' to all the heavens!"

Pwenet
2007-08-12, 10:52 PM
Seeing that he won 'Name the Tavern Contest', Pwenet wanders around, whistling a merry tune. Seeing everyone pointing at Doliemaster, he listens and unslings his crossbow and points it at Doliemaster.

"You a WereWolf lad? Prepare to meet your friends."