PDA

View Full Version : Help with a SoP conversion (PF-->SoP)

arkangel111
2017-07-05, 02:22 AM
I have a player interested in the elocater class from Pathfinder. In my group I have already said that we are using magic/psionic transparency and utilizing Spheres of power for all of our needs. I need help converting this class and entry requirements. I'll post what I am thinking now and listen to feedback.

Entry requirements:

Sphere casting: Must have the Warp sphere and able to use teleport basic ability

Abilities by level
Dimension Step (Su): The elocater gains the warp talent distant travel and unseeing teleport. additionally the elocater may teleport up to medium range with out spending a spell point. If the elocater already has access to the talent he instead chooses another from the warp sphere.
Dimension Swap (Su): The elocater gains the unwilling teleport and swap places sphere talents. If he already has these he may instead choose another warp talent in its place.
Transporter (Ex): ??? not sure what to do here none of the talents give you planar travel or 100 miles/cl... I guess I could just add that as a complete homebrew but I'm trying to keep it close to the original.
Accelerated action: The Elocater gains access to the time sphere and the improved haste talent. Otherwise this functions identical to the original ability

*if the ability is not listed then it is unchanged

all in all with the increase in casting and such it seems a little too strong, gaining 1 sphere and 5 talents over 10 levels in addition to the normal level up plus several really cool abilities as well. I'm debating shifting it to the medium caster progression instead of the weird staggeredness it has now.

khadgar567
2017-07-05, 04:19 AM
I have a player interested in the elocater class from Pathfinder. In my group I have already said that we are using magic/psionic transparency and utilizing Spheres of power for all of our needs. I need help converting this class and entry requirements. I'll post what I am thinking now and listen to feedback.

Entry requirements:

Sphere casting: Must have the Warp sphere and able to use teleport basic ability

Abilities by level
Dimension Step (Su): The elocater gains the warp talent distant travel and unseeing teleport. additionally the elocater may teleport up to medium range with out spending a spell point. If the elocater already has access to the talent he instead chooses another from the warp sphere.
Dimension Swap (Su): The elocater gains the unwilling teleport and swap places sphere talents. If he already has these he may instead choose another warp talent in its place.
Transporter (Ex): ??? not sure what to do here none of the talents give you planar travel or 100 miles/cl... I guess I could just add that as a complete homebrew but I'm trying to keep it close to the original.
Accelerated action: The Elocater gains access to the time sphere and the improved haste talent. Otherwise this functions identical to the original ability

*if the ability is not listed then it is unchanged

all in all with the increase in casting and such it seems a little too strong, gaining 1 sphere and 5 talents over 10 levels in addition to the normal level up plus several really cool abilities as well. I'm debating shifting it to the medium caster progression instead of the weird staggeredness it has now.
or wait for warp handbook