PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other After too long...Homebrew Airship Rules.

META_mahn
2017-07-09, 08:51 PM
This took way too long to make. Technically the first thread on this topic since the other one I made was just me asking for help and advice.

LINK HERE! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MTuMXFny9-wNcGhc40cfmPVOM3BV77OWxJ9sngTX-3U/edit?usp=sharing)

Well, I wanted airships in my own campaign. Simple.

What wasn't so simple was that I saw Eberron airships and instantly declared they sucked. Seriously.
If I wanted airships, I wanted to be creative with it. I wanted a badass airship encounter where my PCs would have to fight, idunno. Giant possessed eagles that tried to murder them, or even better,
another airship trying to shoot them down. (YAR HAR SKY PIRATES!)

The first version of the rules were simply too ambitious. The math formulas were too complicated, the hull was made of at least two pieces on the smallest, upwards to I-forget-how-many on the biggst size. Each piece was targetable.

I cut the rules down by a lot, made things somewhat intuitive and also somewhat fun to use (hopefully).

If there's anything imbalanced, PLEASE POINT IT OUT AND SUGGEST A CHANGE. I by no means claim that I am a good homebrewer. In fact I threw down most of these rules on a long flight, so probably full of flaws.

If you use it in your campaign, tell me so I can feel good about myself. :P