PDA

View Full Version : Site filled with funny D&D deaths.

Sun_Krigo
2007-08-07, 03:33 AM
There's a site of that, does anyone have the address?

Sun_Krigo
2007-12-27, 12:15 AM
I guess not.

osyluth
2007-12-27, 12:58 AM
Just start a thread for them.

SoD
2007-12-27, 06:21 AM
Well, he sort of has.

de-trick
2007-12-27, 07:16 AM
I have a story though
fighting insane commoners
DM critical hit on Friends halfling rogue
Me: you got killed by a commoner with a freaking table leg
player: he was insane
Me: But your level 4, and hes a bloody commoner
player: but...
me: killed by a commoner

In 3 weeks we play again
and face a hoard of mutated commoners
DM critical hit me and had a critical hit chart rolls 100%
Me: So how much damage
DM your dead
Me Nooooooooooo
Player Ha(right in my face)
Me: SO mine was mutated ed
player: Yeah but your higher level
Me: PC's who got Killed by insane Commoners

Combatant
2007-12-27, 07:20 AM
While I was DMing the other day, and I killed a paladin by pushing him into an overflowing sewer line. He promptly failed a few swim checks, and drowend in a sea of poo. The funniest part, I think, is that the other players didnt want to go in and fish him out.

Sun_Krigo
2007-12-27, 12:35 PM
The site had a green theme and one death I could remember from it:
This group had just recruited a new Fighter, but most of them went elsewhere in town leaving one group member with the new recruit: the Cleric. He was instructed to teach the new guy the guidelines of the group, and during this a band of thugs approached them with ill-intent. The Cleric figured the fight would be tough but they could manage if everything was done properly. One thing the Cleric forgot to do was detect alignment/sense motive on their recruit, so before the fight even started the Fighter came behind him and slit his throat. He was Chaotic Evil.

Shraik
2007-12-27, 12:50 PM
I threw a Daern's Instant Fortress at a Kobold once.

The other day I bluffed an ogre into thinking I was his superior's superior. He was so confounded he passed out then was coup de grace.

One character of mine was killed three weeks in a row.

And a good friend of mine was a changeling that could change into anything practically. He had a magic item bound to his soul that the DM gave to him that let him take on the qualities of what he changed into. He changed into some sort of heavy magic golem and he had to rescue someone from a prison cell. He planned to do some shadow thingy and go under the bars. There was an Anti-magic field in the cell that, because he was a golem, shut him off and killed him. About two months later he died again but in a very disgusting matter; Fecal explosion from the inside out.

Dragor
2007-12-27, 01:19 PM
Is this what you were looking for?

http://closetgamers.snowshoedesign.com/index.php

If so, happy to help. If not, sorry. :smallwink:

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-27, 01:32 PM
In a game where the BBEG is a dark wizard...he is served by his elite minions, a group of Blackguards of immense power...they are the only Blackguards in the game world. An evil cleric in the party of good adventurers (a different brand of evil than the BBEG, but unfortunately had dumb ideas) gets it into his head that he wants to become a blackguard.

DM: you realize that to become a Blackguard one of them must meet you and accept you into the order?

Player: yes, how can I find one?

DM: You realize that all of them serve the BBEG and all of them are looking for those artifacts that you guys have been collecting?

Player: yes...will it be hard to find one? We are in a major city now?

DM: I want you to know that if you persue this course, the most likely outcome is your character's death you know this right? These guys are not designed for any one of you alone, and it has taken the combined efforts of ALL of you to defeat a single one of these guys, and you didn't even get close to killing them...they are like 20+ levels above you...you relaize this yeah?

Player: Yeah...lets rock!

He sneaks off form the group and finds a hidden temple of Vecna that is allied with the BBEG, they know who he is and when he asks to join the Blackguard and says he wants to meet with one they oblige...the 'Assasin' blackguard is the one that meets with him...the Player starts to talk **** to the assasin who is just talking and sizing him up for a quick death...once it seems that he won't willingly relinquish his items, the BG uses a ring of blink to appear behind him and use assasinate...since he was flat footed, he takes SA damage and dies horribly from the assasinate...This was done in the middle of the room with all the other players who were being boisterously loud about random stupid stuff...

DM: well, your dead...(looks around, noone notices)

Player: damn...I thought that might happen...should I make a new character? (still noone notices)

DM:...I just got a great idea...come with me outside for a moment...

I ask him that since noone noticed, if he would like to be a double agent. The assasin would assume his identity, mind rape his corpse, take all his items, and masquerade as him doing what he would do. His orders from the head of the Blackguard were simple...help them gather as many artifacts as possible, claim as many for himself as he could while sowing discontent among the party members. His final task, when the Blackguard were all gathered, he was to assasinate the leader of the party. The player happily accepted his assignment...I gave him the character sheet of the NPC and told him to watch carefully what he did and what he said and to add all his old character's gear. He did his job perfectly...the party was fighting all the time and he was the main instigator...also, because of some of his prodding, the Artifacts were being spread out among the party in a way that wasn't too beneficial...finally, the time came when the party faced off against all the Blckguard...they were supposed to run, but they decided to stand and fight...unfortunately I had kinda forgotten about the 'final order'...

DM: The castle is under siege for the inside, you can tell the rift has opened and monsters are flooding out into the city proper...there is an organized retreat and overhead you can see the nine blackguard riding their nightmares.

'Cleric' Player: Nine? don't you mean eight?

Party leader: We can take them...they aren't going to attack my home and get away with it, lets get 'em!

Party: Yeah!

DM: Are you guys sure...just last session you met with the 3 strongest and they mopped the floor with the three strongest of you...and now all nine of them are together...are you really sure you wanna do this? You will likely get murdered and at this stage, noone will be around to recover your bodies...

Party: We can do it/Yeah!/ Their ass is grass...

'cleric': Umm...so...were there eight or nine?

Party: there are nine of them remember...

DM: :smalleek: oh crap...that's right there are 8...you guys don't wanna do this...

'cleric': there are only eight, if they are short one we can take them alot easier than if all nine were there, lets go...

Party: Yeah! We go...

'Cleric': I go invisible...(noone realizes it isn't exactly a cleric spell)

Well, the fighting starts...they pull off some monsterous cheese in the 'buffing' rounds proceding the fight...noone who has true seeing bothers to look behind them where the cleric is positioning himself for an assasination strike on the party leader...the cleric always hangs back, but makes himself useful...

lead Blackguard: Surrender your arms and I may let you live...you face the full might of the riders...

Party Leader: Shut up...besides...you aren't even at full strength...and we are, it won't be like last time...

Lead Blackguard: Kill him now *points to party leader*

(initiative is rolled...for the first time the cleric player uses his 'full' init bonus and says he is going at a 35 or so)

'Cleric': I Assasinate the leader (rolls crazy damage)

Party leader: you are gonna assasinate their leader? Awesome...

DM: no, you...make a fort save or die...

party leader: :smalleek: WTF!?!?!:smallfurious:

That was priceless...TPK, but oh so worth it...never had a screw you set up that long in advance before...The look on their faces when they found out that they had been betrayed and had been traveling with one of the enemy for 'months' game and real time was priceless. The best part was, it didn't matter if they detected evil on him...he was evil to begin with :smallbiggrin:

Sun_Krigo
2007-12-27, 02:10 PM
Is this what you were looking for?

http://closetgamers.snowshoedesign.com/index.php

If so, happy to help. If not, sorry. :smallwink:

That is it exactly.

Roderick_BR
2007-12-27, 03:17 PM
lotsa stuff

That was so awesome :smallbiggrin:
Did the other players got upset? I think that was too awesome a set-up for the players to complain too much. It was just too perfect. Heh, that's what you get for traveling with evil characters :smallamused:
At least it was an enemy disguised as their old ally, not the real one turning on them (even if he tried at first).
And they can't complain much, because as you wrote it, it seems that even if they didn't have the double agent, the encounter was too above their power, so they asked for the TPK.

Maxanime
2007-12-27, 03:49 PM
I had an overzealous Cleric in my party. They were trying to figure out where all the people had gone in what appeared to be an abandoned village.
they found them all shambling around that night, the cleric thoguht they were Zombies and ran up into the fray to turn them.
He tried three times before he realized they were Yellow Musk Zombies.
He was killed by a mob of plants before the rest of the party would go in after him.

hawkboy772042
2007-12-27, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's what happened when I was DM'ing the "Secret of Bone Hill" module.

[The PC's go up a rickety stairwell in a tower]

DM to PC's: At the top of the stairs, you enter a hall way with a door to the end of the right side and two doors at the left side with a bend going up.
Bard: I listen at the door at the end of the right side of the hallway.
DM: You hear goblin chatter
Bard to Monk: Why don't you kick down the door?
Thief: That's a really stupid idea.
Monk: Yes, I'm gonna kick down the door.
DM: Ok, do a strength check. - You do realize that everyone else in the tower is going to hear you now?
Thief reminds everyone: The floor isn't very stable.
Bard: I cast Ghost Sound on the stairs below.
Monk kicks down door and immediately kills the two bugbears inside the room.
DM immediately has the other bugbears within the tower and the conjurer who happened to be with them enter out of their rooms into the hallway then remembers that the floor wasn't very stable from what the thief said earlier.
After doing all of the damage on some of the bugbears that fell then realizing that they would be killed by the NPC's working along side the PC's who were on the ground floor, declares them dead.

[after a period of laughter]
Bard: We go to the room to the left in the corner.
DM: You find a bunch of kiddy drawings on the walls.
Bard: We just killed a bunch of children?
DM: Bugbear children.
[more laughter ensues]

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-27, 04:09 PM
That was so awesome :smallbiggrin:
Did the other players got upset? I think that was too awesome a set-up for the players to complain too much. It was just too perfect. Heh, that's what you get for traveling with evil characters :smallamused:
At least it was an enemy disguised as their old ally, not the real one turning on them (even if he tried at first).
And they can't complain much, because as you wrote it, it seems that even if they didn't have the double agent, the encounter was too above their power, so they asked for the TPK.

heh, after the WTF effect wore off they laughed about it alot...especially once they realized his death happened while they were all in the room and didn't ntice cause they weren't paying attention.

I had made the Blackguards as 20-30th level NPC's with some pretty tough stats on top of it. 20 levels or so of whatever their base class was, possibly with some PrC, and then at least 1 level of barbarian (for rage...mainly for flavor), and then various levels of Blackguard. The party was supposed to keep questing and get alot close to 20 before having an all out battle with the Blackguards...the artifacts would have more than evened the playing field...unfortunately, they decided to attack them when they were all level 13 or so. Their artifacts would help them a great deal...but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough. Previously they had defeated some of the 'weaker' Blackguards by gang banging them and crafty use of their items...but on 'even' footing...one on one...not a chance...and then to get betrayed and lose 2 of their strongest characters while one of their number joins the enemy...it was just way too much for them. Went in one round from an 8 on 8 fight to a 5 against 9 fight...never had a chance.

Gorbash
2007-12-27, 08:42 PM
http://www.rondaksportal.com/

On the left side bar there's a link called Famous Last Words (no direct link)... That's as close as it gets...