PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Character Quirks

The Duskblade
2007-08-07, 04:01 AM
Name says it all list any character quirks you can come up with

1.Sorceress who cast spells via hugging her teddy.
2. Said sorceress Talks in third person.
3. Said Sorceress very emotional. If shes really happy spells start going off. If she's sad she sits down squeezes teddy and starts crying. Then Spells start going off.
4. Suicidal familiar with more brains then the sorceress.
5. Said familiar getting kicks out of trying to convince the tree loving cleric that he was a Avatar of the trees.

Unfortunately this character didn't see play.

6. Ogre (Dont ask me why the DM allowed it) who didn't speak common.
7. Said ogre had to take stupidity checks. He once sat on a poll. Tore poll out of the ground (We needed it to get down a well via some chain.) And once down there managed to pull the poll down and use it as a weapon while still attached to the chain.
8. When not using pole on a train his main attack was using his foes as clubs.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-07, 04:29 AM
5. Two words; Halfling Barbarian.
6. Named Bigglestaag.

7. A character who turns on the rest of the party and becomes the 'nemesis' character for a few good sessions... while being Neutral Good (That story is courtesy of a friend of mine. ;-))

8. 18 Intelligence, 6 Wisdom. "Stand back, everyone! I'll handle this basilisk! First, let's see if it has any magical properties... ARCANE SIGHT!"

AslanCross
2007-08-07, 05:01 AM
9. Elf wizard who, despite having 19 INT and 13 WIS, can't tell the difference between orcs and hobgoblins. (This was the wizard in our party--the player originally didn't know the difference, but it became a running joke and we just said that his traumatic experience with orcs in his youth was to blame.)

Citizen Joe
2007-08-07, 07:28 AM
10. Basic power attacking low charisma fighter with no knowledge skills who rambles on and on making plans based on wild speculation and "If I were the ____ I would do ____"

Alyorbase
2007-08-07, 07:32 AM
11. A 20th level cleric who prepared alot of dismissals everyday because a demon killed his kitty when he was a child. While the Cleric watched! :smallfurious:

banjo1985
2007-08-07, 07:51 AM
12. A gnome barbarian with Int 5, who carries meat from all his kills around in a big sack, then doesn't understand why all the nasty meat-eaters can track him down!

AKA_Bait
2007-08-07, 10:33 AM
13. A LE Fighter who thinks he is LG. Punishes those who do evil but way, way out of proportion. Think lots of torture for stealing a loaf of bread. Talks a lot about honor.

14. CN glory hound fighter. Lets the party do most of the work in killing something but always dashes in for that last critical blow. He then proceeds to give a speech about his glorious effort in slaying the x.

JEntropy
2007-08-07, 11:36 AM
15. High int, low wis characters are fun. I made a jack of all trades swashbuckler who, compensating for his rather boring upbringing, traveled the world under a variety of comical aliases, impersonating people of various position or stature, and always getting into trouble with comical results.

16. Also, foppish characters

17. Mute. Can communicate via sign language, and understand common, but can't form words.

18. Extremely religious/spiritual non-divine characters.

19. Irrational fears.

Selv
2007-08-07, 12:22 PM
20. I've always wanted to play a character with great CHA, purely because of the line in the PHB:
A character with high Charisma and low Intelligence can usually pass herself off as a knowledgeable, until she meets a true expert.
For an, um, esoteric example, consider Peter Griffin during his stint as a Newport millionaire.
"Do you collect objet d'art?"
"If that's French for "Star Wars Collector's Glasses", then si."

21. A barbarian who does not understand magic. "You can cast Enlarge Person on me, but only if you give me something of yours to hold so that if something goes wrong I can break the spell by sprinkling salt on it".

22. A character who, sometime before their first adventure, got hit by a pixie arrow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm).
Everyone gets a big suprise when the Cleric hits 11th.

Dairun Cates
2007-08-07, 01:29 PM
23. A character with a strong profession skill in short order chef with a particular fascination for Quiche. He insists that it's not chick food.

24. Talking bear with subtitles. Nuff' Said.

25. A character who tries to master the art of the net as a tactical weapon.

26. A girlfriend that transforms into a dragon

27. A character that shoots bad guys mid-monologue.

28. A professional liar/diplomat/noble/Jedi Consular

29. A character whose name no one can ever pronounce or remember correctly.

30. A beserker angel

31. The shiftiest man alive.

32. A summoner that pulls summons out of his hat.

33. A pirate that beats people with a fishing pole.

Sadly, these are all characters that have been played in our group.

Xefas
2007-08-07, 01:56 PM
34. A Mindbender who uses his at-will telepathy power to do untrained Perform (Karaoke) checks into people's heads at random. They don't know where it's coming from, and can't do anything to stop it.

I'd say that qualifies for Chaotic Evil.

Nevar
2007-08-07, 02:22 PM
35: Goblin that smelled like roses
36: Vampire who's weapon was a bag of doorknobs (Vampire the Mascurade(SP?))
37: LG Fighter that catches falling orc women
38: Male Dwarf named Daisy
39: PC with a character addicted to Pez
40: Paladin that kept a book to write down every law ever known... It soon became big enough to to attach to a sick and became a mace which become his weapon, he called it laying down the law.

JEntropy
2007-08-07, 03:26 PM
34. A Mindbender who uses his at-will telepathy power to do untrained Perform (Karaoke) checks into people's heads at random. They don't know where it's coming from, and can't do anything to stop it.

I'd say that qualifies for Chaotic Evil.

40: Paladin that kept a book to write down every law ever known... It soon became big enough to to attach to a sick and became a mace which become his weapon, he called it laying down the law.

These two were made of awesome.

As a corollary to one of my previous ones, how about:

41. Extremely superstitious

de-trick
2007-08-07, 03:39 PM
42. A halfing mounted fighter who riding dog is a coward(but thinks its the bravest thing ever)
43. same halfing rider says that hes almost as brave as his dog

44. a halfing or gnome who hates sizist even fighting someone who calls him short
45.the small creatures form a club S.P.F.L(short people for life)

de-trick
2007-08-07, 03:43 PM
46. a unhappy evil kender
47.a kinder whos stronger than many humans
48. a dwarfen cleric who worships Corellon

Nevar
2007-08-07, 03:49 PM
46. a unhappy evil kender
47.a kinder whos stronger than many humans
48. a dwarfen cleric who worships Corellon

I think somone has a kender fetish :smalltongue:

Toric
2007-08-07, 04:13 PM
49. Gnome who was raised by humans and thinks all other gnomes are insane. (played)
50. Metrosexual dwarven fighter.
51. Paladin who cannot directly lie but tries to convince everyone he's just a fighter so people won't try to make him fall.
52. Dwarven former special forces operative. (Think Rainbow Six with beards) (also played)
53. Bard with high CHA whose face is covered in ugly scars and yet who is still a successful casanova.

de-trick
2007-08-07, 04:20 PM
I think somone has a kender fetish :smalltongue:

how did you know

serous i never played a kender before but had 2 in a party before
one was a cn-ce kinder fighter/rogue the other was tasslehoff burfoot the original(not really but said he was)

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-08-07, 04:22 PM
53. Bard with high CHA whose face is covered in ugly scars and yet who is still a successful casanova.

Mick Jagger anyone? :smallamused:

DiscipleofBob
2007-08-07, 04:31 PM
54. Barbarian diplomat.
55. Barbarian Diplomat with low strength so that he's weak and picked-on by other barbarians.
56. Same as above but most levels are in Dragon Shaman in a dragon worshipping tribe so he becomes leader of said tribe.

Played. All refer to said character obviously.

tainsouvra
2007-08-07, 04:35 PM
51. Paladin who cannot directly lie but tries to convince everyone he's just a fighter so people won't try to make him fall. Err...why exactly would there be such a demand to make him fall, and why is he so worried they would succeed?

Toric
2007-08-07, 06:24 PM
Err...why exactly would there be such a demand to make him fall, and why is he so worried they would succeed?

Play any game with a Paladin and a Chaotic Neutral rogue or bard and you'll find the answer. Or just look at Belkar. If it's possible to do something to tick someone off, somebody out there will see it as a challenge.

And yes Hadrian, Mick Jagger exactly.

RiOrius
2007-08-07, 07:09 PM
41. Extremely superstitious

41.1. Specific example: makes tough choices by "consulting the gods". Consults the gods by sacrificing a live chicken and reading its entrails.

Considered playing it as an easy way of giving my character motivation to do whatever I, as a player, wanted him to ("Why am I travelling with this party of schmucks? Because that's what the chicken entrails told me!").

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-08-07, 07:35 PM
57. Some kind of graft, which may or may not have actual in-game affect.

Damionte
2007-08-07, 07:41 PM
58. Sorceress who cast spells via removing her teddy.

Signmaker
2007-08-07, 07:47 PM
59. Grease-Happy Gnome

Thoughtbot360
2007-08-07, 09:20 PM
60: A lazy-eyed child wizard that specializes in divinations and scrying and who primarily fights the bad guys by creeping them out saying "We know all your secrets......"

Chronos
2007-08-07, 09:59 PM
One I intend to play sometime:

61: A combat-oriented cleric who worships Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, Ra, Manwe, and Pelor, collectively (you should see his holy symbol!)
62: Who receives direct inspired communication from said deities. Or at least, thinks he does. Fortunately they usually advise him wisely. Usually.
63: He wields a Legitimate Sword. That's an exotic weapon, 1-handed, which does 1d10 damage and requires a 13 strength for proficiency. Because obviously no weapon of the gods would be a bastard.

One I've actually played:
64: A halfling Professional Treasure-Hunter. No, of course he's not a thief (this was 2nd edition), he's Lawful! How dare you call him a thief! Basically, he is what the dwarves thought Bilbo was.
65: Whose primary weapon is a silver dagger, studded with (nonmagical) gems. Not for any mechanical advantage (though it did come in handy vs. lycanthropes), but just for the style of it.

Logic
2007-08-07, 10:12 PM
Narcaleptic
Afraid of the opposite gender, yet not homosexual (Not the normal afraid of opposite gender, shaking in one's boots with paralyzing fear if one comes within 5 ft afraid)

Paragon Badger
2007-08-07, 10:31 PM
68. A lich.

True story, a friend of mine's character was a lich, but the rest of the party didn't know... Well, he was hit with a vorpal weapon, and then his body ran over to pick his head back up. Needless to say, hilarity ensued.

Belteshazzar
2007-08-07, 10:34 PM
68. Afraid of races smaller than yourself, I have actually seen people who would be freaked by a midget, halfling, dwarf, gnome,ect..

69.Pyromaniac (not that uncommon among adventurers)

70. Magic addict, could become physically and mentally addicted to potions, spells, wands, crystals, scrolls, magic powder. Even worse if magic is already pleasurable to use (think Diskworld, where this is one of the reasons Wizards don't put much stock in sex.)

71. Lecherous wizard exploits divinations.

72. Elderly fighter or Barbarian (think Cohan the Barbarian)

73. Misnamed or Mistitled as a child. Krull Bloodletter the 3rd level Librarian, 2nd level Tea Master.

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-07, 10:58 PM
74. Chaotic Good halfling warlock 6/ wizard 4. And by halfling I mean hobbit.
75. Halfling Blue Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51089). Think about that for a moment, this is a halfling Blue Mage. A hobbit Blue Mage. Wrap your heads around that one.
76. Either a halfling factotum, chameleon, core Red Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51735) or prestige Red Mage (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=778804) (modified chameleon). And yet again, by halfling I really mean hobbit.

And yes I would allow anyone of these into my campaign. You dont even have to bribe me to play them.

Iudex Fatarum
2007-08-07, 11:09 PM
74. Just because it might offend someone this is seriously a character i've played, A Castrato gnomish bard who recieved a bonus vs female rogue's sneak attack (DM house rule) also wore a codpiece of constitution (he took a minus to HP for being castrato). Said character was also a gnome werewolf but through freakish accidents he had his hair dyed white and skin blue, so in wolf or hybrid form he looked baby blue. in regular form he was a smurf (yes the DM rolled the drawbacks randomly and had a witness)

75. An awakened hawk wizard who regularly used alter self to become a pigeon. Good way of watching without being noticed.

76. Aquatic elf monk who could swim at over 500 ft in a round. After realizing they were working for an evil ship the party got the monk and wizard together and teleprorted 200 ft in front of the bow of the ship they were not on (they were supposed to take it over) and then swam the 1000 ft back to the ship with the halfling wizard on his back in 2 rounds.

Ravyn
2007-08-07, 11:12 PM
77. Emotional and intellectual maturity of an adult, physical maturity of a child.

78. Group's teambuilder, dispute manager and babysitter.

79. Childish obsession with dinosaurs and bugs--or rather, the enormous undead versions thereof that we keep running across. (The Labyrinth Zoobooks jokes fly thick and furious.)

80. ....and did we mention a bonegraft into which her older sister is soulbonded, which she "feeds" regularly and has long conversations with?

Yes, I did the above. All at once. The scary part is that I was only the group's second-most-messed-up character.

The_Werebear
2007-08-07, 11:35 PM
81. Insomnia+Paranoia for whole new levels of annoyance. Doesn't sleep, just sits in a chair in his room with a crossbow pointed steadily at the door. (Played)

82. Dwarven Paladin with a Rhinoceros special mount. (I wish)

83. Bard who talks to his violin like it is sentient. (Played)

84. Half Celestial Awakened Guinea Pig (NPC'd)

85. A badger who got killed, and reincarnated by a druid as a person. (Man bites dog)

86. Exotic Dancer Assassin, who distracts the target for three rounds with Perform: Striptease before Death Attacking them. (Girlfriend played it.)

sparkey477
2007-08-08, 08:44 AM
87. a magophobic socerer who freaks out everytime he casts a spell
88. an anthro rat barbarian with an addiction to shrimp
89. a suicidal goblin who constantly tries to devour it's own feet

Nevar
2007-08-08, 10:20 AM
88: Barbarian that never used the same weapon twice.
89: Cleric that had a holy symbol for every god but his own
90: Halfling that had every lucky charm known on his spiked chain... claimed everyone was after his lucky charms. (He denies it but we assume he got it off of austin Powers)
91: Naked monk always claimed that clothes slowed him down and refused to believe that people would find him offensive. (Thank god for invisibility spells)

earlblue
2007-08-08, 11:55 AM
92. Weredwarf. Turns into a dwarf under the full moon...

93. Using Spot and listen checks whenever a companion uses a wand, rod or staff... Of course they are not supposed to know that you want to know the command words...

O'BeQuiet UWannabe.

Duke Malagigi
2007-08-08, 11:59 PM
94. A Neutral Good halfling warlock/spellthief/wizard with a character level of 18. See here (http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2935). Not my creation.

Rama_Lei
2007-08-09, 12:06 AM
95. Appears to be under the effect of Otto's Irresistible Dance. Actually Kevin Bacon's character from Footloose.

Wizzardman
2007-08-09, 12:10 AM
96. Bard without a sense of rhythm

97. Druid 'Scientist', attempting to create new forms of life (see Owlbear)

98. Halfling or Gnome Giantkiller--fighting them mostly for the challenge

earlblue
2007-08-09, 12:19 AM
99. Dwarf without a beard!

100. 3 foot tall Halfling using a 7 foot long two handed sword.

(Which is possible... I told the DM that it was a great balancing act... he raise the sword vertically... steady... steady... aim... let it fall on the target... damn! Missed! O.k. here we go again.... HEAVE! Steady... Steady...)

101. 7 Foot tall Halfling using a 3 foot long dwarf (without beard) as a weapon.

102. Wizard who cannot cast spell without a wand... any wand...:smalltongue:

O'BeQuiet UWannabe.

BardicDuelist
2007-08-09, 12:26 AM
For those of you who've read Lloyd Alexander:
103. A bard with a harp whose strings break when he lies.
104. A bard with a giant cat for a mount.
105. A goblin with the personality of Gurgi.
106. A giant whose been permentally shrunken to small size (probably a better NPC).

107. And wizard who hates using magic.
108. A swashbuckeler who attempts difficult stunts when easy ones would do, just for the flair (generally attempting things that would require at least a natural 15, somtimes even a 20).

Malik
2007-08-09, 12:47 AM
68. Afraid of races smaller than yourself, I have actually seen people who would be freaked by a midget, halfling, dwarf, gnome,ect..

69.Pyromaniac (not that uncommon among adventurers)

70. Magic addict, could become physically and mentally addicted to potions, spells, wands, crystals, scrolls, magic powder. Even worse if magic is already pleasurable to use (think Diskworld, where this is one of the reasons Wizards don't put much stock in sex.)

72. Elderly fighter or Barbarian (think Cohan the Barbarian)

73. Misnamed or Mistitled as a child. Krull Bloodletter the 3rd level Librarian, 2nd level Tea Master.

Actually Discworld wizards dont put much stock in sex because if they went around procreating it would lead to Sourcery and that is extremely dangerous.

109. Drow Samurai that used to like to run ahead of the party and not let the rogue do his jobs of finding traps which he frequently fell in/set off

110. Githzerai Monk who cut the afformentioned samurais genitalia off so that he would have something to rez him by.

Strange huh.

Oberon
2007-08-09, 12:55 AM
111. Sausage-making halfing sorceror who is wider than he is tall (weighed 270 lbs,).
112. Elf Druid affected by a curse that make his eyebrows grow uncontrolably. He braided them behind his head
113. Same druid rode in Barbarian's backpack. Barbarian throws druid, druid wild shapes in mid-air and becomes an effective projectile weapon.
114. Kleptomaniac spear-throwing dire-flying-squirrel-riding forrest gnome.
115. VERY low int low wis Paladin in an evil party, too stupid to realize his compainions are Evil. Blacks out when using detect evil around them, due to overload. Also, is French (just for the sake of hilarious accent humor).

earlblue
2007-08-09, 01:02 AM
116. Elf that goes around saying "Live long and prosper!"

(this actually drove one of the guys crazy that he did not return to games for 3 sessions.)

O'BeQuiet UWannabe.

Oberon
2007-08-09, 01:03 AM
116. Elf that goes around saying "Live long and prosper!"

(this actually drove one of the guys crazy that he did not return to games for 3 sessions.)

Bwahaha! Serves him right expecting to go to a DnD session without reckless quoting.

Iudex Fatarum
2007-08-09, 07:27 AM
117. A Pladin with wisdom of 3.
118. A psychic warrior who doesn't know what psionics are, was convinced he was a barbarian and had an int of 4. His wisdom was quite high he just thought that since it was intuitive for him to cast enlarge when he was angry that was what rage was.

GolemsVoice
2007-08-09, 07:39 AM
118. A Halfling with a love for puns and badass-quotes. And a player who was all the same. Drove our DM crazy as he found out how many jokes you can make out of the word hand in combination with a rakshasa. I don't know why, but our DM mentioned something about rakshasas having their hand the other way round, as if the right hand was attached to the left arm and vice versa. We had many puns right at hand, and they came in pretty handy.....

The player was me, I admit shamefully.

Malik
2007-08-09, 08:15 AM
118. A Halfling with a love for puns and badass-quotes. And a player who was all the same. Drove our DM crazy as he found out how many jokes you can make out of the word hand in combination with a rakshasa. I don't know why, but our DM mentioned something about rakshasas having their hand the other way round, as if the right hand was attached to the left arm and vice versa. We had many puns right at hand, and they came in pretty handy.....

The player was me, I admit shamefully.

i have to hand it to you that is quite funny.

120. A human druid who stored his berry rations in his beard and used to pick them out when he was hungry, also though he was irresistible to women even when he was covered in dirt and his hair and beard were everywhere.

Tengu
2007-08-09, 09:44 AM
112. Elf Druid affected by a curse that make his eyebrows grow uncontrolably. He braided them behind his head

This reminds me of WoW's night elves. Their eyebrows are freaking huge! In most cases at least, fortunately you can choose a face that's not an abomination.

If I recall correctly, BoEF has a PrC that revolves around this concept.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-08-09, 12:32 PM
90: Halfling that had every lucky charm known on his spiked chain... claimed everyone was after his lucky charms. (He denies it but we assume he got it off of austin Powers)

And not a reference to a certain line of cereal commercials?

121: A trans-cast-tual. A Psychic who really wants to be Arcane instead. (Or Divine. Or whatever.)

122: In a ToB-class only game, a blue-armored halfling Swordsage who had maximum ranks in jump, had a red riding dog, and only studied the techniques of those he had defeated previously...
Coincidentally, he died in a spike pit. :P

123: The guy who, instead of actually investing more than one point in a skill, always put one point in things he didn't know. Mostly ended up with tons of [Knowledge], [Craft], and [Perform] Skills at one rank.

Redblade
2007-08-09, 01:59 PM
124. An LE awakened hive mind of butterfly's with levels in Psion.

Nahal
2007-08-09, 06:04 PM
125 A greased-up deaf gnome

126 Character with a deep hatred of shoes

127 Barbarian with ranks in Profession: hairstylist

128 Druid who was raised by wolves and thinks of the class ability as Human Shape

129 Alcoholic Wizard

130 Drow with Vow of Peace

131 Sorceror with a familiar smarter than she is, and which frequently jokes about there being more tissue on her chest than in her skull

captain_decadence
2007-08-09, 06:21 PM
124. An LE awakened hive mind of butterfly's with levels in Psion.

That is terrifying. I mean, truly terrifying. I'm thinking of that butterfly from the Last Unicorn, except one thousand of them.

132. Sorceror that thinks he needs to study to get his spells everyday, because his dad was a wizard.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-08-09, 07:18 PM
133. An awakened squirrel barbarian, with all mental abilities at 18

Lord Tataraus
2007-08-09, 10:32 PM
134. A LE anorexic elf Shadowcaster of fiendish descent with a Dark Hellhound familiar/animal companion who convinced the party he was actually a LN sorcerer. He refuses to eat anything except humanoid children (preferably fresh, but jerked if he can't get it fresh). He expects to be betrayed by his companions but stays with them to gain all the information he can extract from them before murdering them. He did the same with many other groups and he consumes the brains of those he trusts. (he is such a nice guy, huh?)

Staven
2007-08-09, 10:38 PM
135: Horizon walker that sits in the tavern all day.

136: Secretly despises eggs in all their forms, and twitches lightly whenever they are even mentioned.

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-08-10, 12:57 AM
More a character concept than a quirk, but having a character of one race that was raised by another race, and behaves like the race that raised them, such as a human who grew up living with a family of dwarves and thus looks more like an overgrown dwarf than a human (there's a prestige class for characters like this in Races of Stone somewhere).

Think of the possibilities!

A half-elf raised by gnomes?

A half-orc raised by a halfling caravan?

An elf raised in a human city?

A dwarf raised amongst an elven community?

So many combinations!

skullyfrost
2007-08-10, 12:25 PM
I am actually getting ready to play this character.

A half-orc bard who's special talent is belly dancing. Also a whore who is trying to find a way to kill her madam and take over. Thought about adding the doppleganger class but decided against it.

I also have a halfling psycic monk who is prestiging into Reaping Mauler so he may grapple his aponents and mess them up with pysonic attacks.

Also had a a friend play a gnome eunic who loved to go "head" first into anything.

Ohh and can't forget the halfling rouge who two points in life were cheese and sex. Tried to get with a pixi once.

Dresil
2008-08-07, 07:16 PM
High Charisma, Low Int Sorcerer....

"I CAST MAGIC!!!"

Coplantor
2008-08-07, 07:24 PM
A gestalt Fighter/wizard who maxes out Perform (interpretative dance).

brant167
2008-08-07, 07:57 PM
149ish A 83 year old human paladin who escaped from slavery in his youth and is taking up the sword again to feel the glory of the good fight once more before he dies. (This one I have been dying to play since i saw a old man cane a punk for wearing a swat sticker in a coffee shop.)

150. A fighter type wish max ranks in profession (astrologer) who whole heartedly believes his insights are more accurate then the magic users.

151. 2 week old Elan(the psionic race) wilder who gets very emotional when he doesn't understand what’s going on.

152. Keeper of the Sigil Sorc/Bard from a Illithad bloodline that hunts aberrations.

avr
2008-08-07, 08:54 PM
153. A greasy rat-man with unpleasant skin diseases (Cha 4) who is also very lecherous. (Played - actually ended up married to a beautiful half-elf tavern maid after 3 consecutive 20's on diplomacy checks)

Tengu_temp
2008-08-07, 09:20 PM
154. This guy:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/cesarhaha/forum%20replies/ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Fun thread, though, I admit.

blackspeeker
2008-08-07, 09:37 PM
My current character
A living construct ( Soul-Stitched favored soul with hold person as one of his most used spells) who lacks the ability to grow facial hair and is jealous of all other races that can, especially the dwarves. Whenever he sees them in public he will stalk them down and get them alone, cast hold person and stake one of the knives out of his pocket, if possible he will leave them alive. He gained the same reputation as a modern day serial killer, getting names like "Patches the Beard Scalper" or "Beard Baron", it's kind of fun hearing NPCs talking about how scared they are of beard scalpers going around, my current beard count as of last night was 8 dwarven long beards, 1 gnomes goatee, and for some reason 1 side burn from a halfling.

metalshop
2008-08-07, 09:39 PM
156. Demi-storm giant cleric who is descended from a storm god. Doesn't know he's a cleric and assumes that all of his spells are scaled down versions of his ancestor's salient divine abilities. Identifies himself as a fighter (currently playing).

157. CG Necromancer who is traveling in the same party as an Exalted (hence LG) Werebear (thus LG again) Monk (another source of LG). Wears leper rags and disguises all of his zomibes as lepers too. (played).

158. Crazy elfen ranger who does mounted archer from the back of a large sized wolf. Started CG and then gradually descended into CE when he insisted on eating the flesh of his fallen foes (no matter their race or alignment). Had a trenchcoat made out of goblin skins. (played).

159. Frost spell based halfing sorcerer who had not one, but two familiars, both winter wolves. Took advantage of their size by riding them into battle and took advantage of the familar-caster bond by casting combat buffing spells on himself so that they would carry over. No actual relation to #157. (played)

D_Lord
2008-08-07, 09:58 PM
160. An Epic wizard that loves troops and cliches. Created a spell that gives him bonuses the more cliches and troops happen around him. (Haven't played, planed for it but Players and DM said no. The players was when I was going to be DM.)

shaddy_24
2008-08-07, 11:44 PM
161: Big. The character is physically big, personality wise big, voice big. If he thinks something, he's not afraid to say it so that everyone within 60 ft. knows exactly what he's thinking. When he first talks, everyone leans back because his voice is so big, without shouting. (I'm NPCing him as the captain of the guard in the town the players are in. They think he's awsome.)

Pirate_King
2008-08-08, 12:20 AM
Friend played these:

162. Bard with Perform(whistle)

163. A half-orc bard-barian whose instrument was a club and shield; Perform (percussion) In terms of bardic music functioning in battle, this actually makes more sense than any other instrument.

serok42
2008-08-08, 07:40 AM
From a campaign I played in not too long ago...

164. Dwarven twin brothers who had nicknames for each other

I was the older brother who called the younger one "puddles" since he wet the bed till he was 46

165. The Ale-emental (water elemental made of beer)

Zenos
2008-08-08, 02:19 PM
Both of these were played by my players when I was GM, both are gestalt, awakened animals.

166. A wolfess druid who wildshaped into a human.

167: A cat rogue/wizard who sneak attacked anyone who tried to pet him.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-08, 02:48 PM
168: A Blind Swordsage w/ Diamond Mind.
Seriously.

xPANCAKEx
2008-08-08, 03:50 PM
169:
amputee with a fear of bladed weapons

Tadanori Oyama
2008-08-08, 04:30 PM
170: Chaotic Good Tiefling Swordsage who wears a mask, uses a spear, and thinks he's a superhero.

171: 5' 1" Orc Barbarian who knows, but refuses to speak, common.

ZekeArgo
2008-08-08, 04:35 PM
172: TN Cleric of a trickster god who carries holy symbols of every god within the campaign world, changing the deity he "worships" from day to day

expirement10K14
2008-08-08, 04:43 PM
173:Barbarian with low intelligence- Every time he rages he yells "IN THE NAME OF FLUFFYNESS!"

174:Barbarian of Grummsh convinced he is a paladin of Heironeous.

Funkyodor
2008-08-08, 06:55 PM
175: You can take the Halfling Barbarian one step further. Sit down every night and write in your journal. Count the days until the other PC's realize "Barbarian-Journal-Illiteracy?" Does not compute! Entertain the group by going over your picture/cave drawing book with the deeds accomplished till they caught on.

xPANCAKEx
2008-08-10, 07:01 AM
176 - the unwise rogue - he'll pick any doorlock in the land, regardless of the danger on the other side

177 - the little paladin that could - they may suck at combat, riding a horse, swinging a sword, casting spells, healing, driving out evil, but they sure will boost your moral by reminding you all what a good dead you just did by "vanquishing that pack of vile fiends" after every fight you ever end up saving their behind from (high con/high cha - OMFG low everything else)

178 - the depressing hero - they can save the world, yet find the cloud in every silver lining. "I mean, what the point in all this guys. Sure we killed the dragon, saved the princess, got the treasure, stabbed the evil warlock... but... whats the point." (insanely high everything, low CHA)

TheCountAlucard
2008-08-10, 07:41 AM
179. A Shifter barbarian who keeps his hair and goatee neatly trimmed. (One of my players played this)