PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Pact Boon 5e, Pact of the Eldritch Fist

Mcdjangali
2017-07-20, 06:47 AM
Reworked this a few times and got a lot of input.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-T9Q_W1Yy-KV9FoSCE37-yw9_ocmFwdl9jo2s4xG9yw

AOKost
2017-07-20, 02:42 PM
Very flavorful. I like it a lot. But I'm wondering where you're getting the information for "Warlock" though because in 3.X Warlocks don't have spell slots. I know there's a Pathfinder veriant that does...

I'd suggest that you have an "Improved Stunning Blast" that you can take at level ~15 or so that automatically applies Hold Monster instead of Hold Person...

Intriguing making Eldritch Blast a Cantrip... It deals more damage than the standard Cantrip and has a much grater range... Maybe it should be kept as a Spell-like ability instead? I would actually prefer to see more Feats that affected Spell-like abilities that didn't have a limit/day... or maybe the limit could be removed when the character reaches a certain level... or rules rewritten so that you reduce the number of damage dice equal to the level adjustment of the metamagic feat to implement a regular metamagic feat to act with your Eldritch Blast...

Mcdjangali
2017-07-20, 03:19 PM
Very flavorful. I like it a lot. But I'm wondering where you're getting the information for "Warlock" though because in 3.X Warlocks don't have spell slots. I know there's a Pathfinder veriant that does...

I'd suggest that you have an "Improved Stunning Blast" that you can take at level ~15 or so that automatically applies Hold Monster instead of Hold Person...

Intriguing making Eldritch Blast a Cantrip... It deals more damage than the standard Cantrip and has a much grater range... Maybe it should be kept as a Spell-like ability instead? I would actually prefer to see more Feats that affected Spell-like abilities that didn't have a limit/day... or maybe the limit could be removed when the character reaches a certain level... or rules rewritten so that you reduce the number of damage dice equal to the level adjustment of the metamagic feat to implement a regular metamagic feat to act with your Eldritch Blast...

Sorry for the misunderstanding. This is for 5th Edition. I should have put that in the title. Thanks for your feedback.

Steampunkette
2017-07-20, 03:40 PM
Is this a Pact (Like Pact of the Fiend or Fey or Great Old One) or is it a Pact Boon (like The Blade, The Book, and The Chain)?

If it's a Pact it needs more effects. If it's a Boon it's pretty cool.

Mcdjangali
2017-07-20, 04:35 PM
Is this a Pact (Like Pact of the Fiend or Fey or Great Old One) or is it a Pact Boon (like The Blade, The Book, and The Chain)?

If it's a Pact it needs more effects. If it's a Boon it's pretty cool.

It's a Pact Boon. I fixed the title to reflect that, thanks. The other feature your talking about is the "Other Worldly Patron" but, you are making a pact with them so I understand the mix up.