PDA

View Full Version : Revised Polyglot (feat chain)

rferries
2017-07-30, 08:30 AM
Multiglot [General]
You have an uncanny ability to interpret languages.

Benefit
You gain the benefits of comprehend languages and read magic as constant extraordinary abilities (effective caster level = your character level).

If you are illiterate when you take this feat, you become literate. If you were already literate when you take this feat, you gain two bonus skill points.

Polyglot [General]
You can now speak languages as easily as you understand them.

Prerequisites
Multiglot.

Benefit
You gain the benefits of tongues as a constant extraordinary ability (effective caster level = your character level).

You know drow sign language.

When you take this feat, regain all skill points you have invested in the Speak Language skill, and gain a bonus skill point for each language you knew at character creation.

Omniglot [General]
You know the languages of nature, of the mind, and of death...

Prerequisites
Multiglot, Polyglot.

Benefit
You gain telepathy to a range of 100 feet.

You gain the benefits of speak with animals, speak with dead, speak with plants, and stone tell as constant supernatural abilities (caster level = your character level).

You know the druidic language.

AOKost
2017-08-18, 05:20 PM
Love these! I would take them with every character! I can now understand everything and everyone! Maybe not such a good thing at times though XD

rferries
2017-08-18, 08:36 PM
Love these! I would take them with every character! I can now understand everything and everyone! Maybe not such a good thing at times though XD

Thanks! I was hoping they were useful without being broken.

AOKost
2017-08-19, 05:41 AM
I don't overall feel it's too OP... after all you are expending 3 feats, but you're picking up 100' Telepathy, a host of spell-like abilities, but only in the sense of communication and learning information, but that in and of itself could be considered game-breaking, though it's always good to have a member of the party that can translate!

Westhart
2017-08-19, 02:14 PM
These look lovely! So much for dipping to get telepathy though :smalltongue:

rferries
2017-08-19, 03:26 PM
I don't overall feel it's too OP... after all you are expending 3 feats, but you're picking up 100' Telepathy, a host of spell-like abilities, but only in the sense of communication and learning information, but that in and of itself could be considered game-breaking, though it's always good to have a member of the party that can translate!

Yes telepathy had to be the capstone (I don't go out of core that much but Mindsight is always lurking haha...).

These look lovely! So much for dipping to get telepathy though :smalltongue:

Thanks and indeed!