PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Baba Yaga

Westhart
2017-08-11, 09:43 AM
What do you think of when you think Boogieman?
Well, in an attempt to make it possible for a slasher flick style game over the summer here is a PrC for the NPC
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16gu1YHOhpRXQmpf_oZz4mRc_xgic69I9RVZtSeuWUYA/edit?usp=sharing

TO utilize it to the most, make the PC's use a typically weak class (such as commoner :smalltongue:)

rferries
2017-08-11, 12:23 PM
Delightfully creepy! For balance purposes I'd put a limit on the Master of Death (e.g. if you die twice within 2 months it's permanent); then again, you intend it as an NPC prestige class so maybe that's not important. Is this based on something, or entirely your own creation?

Westhart
2017-08-11, 12:42 PM
Delightfully creepy! For balance purposes I'd put a limit on the Master of Death (e.g. if you die twice within 2 months it's permanent); then again, you intend it as an NPC prestige class so maybe that's not important. Is this based on something, or entirely your own creation?

Good point there, will edit it

Actually, I've watched like 3 slashers and that was years ago... so I thought of it in DND, players playing as fighters or something low powered like that, and this was born. so all in all I would say it was all mine. :smallbiggrin:

edit: changed it up, following your advice and adding a tad.

Agrippa
2017-08-11, 08:28 PM
I was almost expecting this prestige class to be a reference to this Baba Yaga.
https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/DuA5CCq7VMmTGAcI4umlRmr06ss=/670x503/2017/02/11/2a7635f6-735e-4f63-bd4a-15cbd18996fd/john-wick-2-keanu-reeves2.jpg
Now if you were to drop John Wick into a slasher movie it would make most sense to bring him on as a cousin of the intended/canon "final girl", there to protect her along with her friends. This would make the most sense for a more mundane/less supernatural psycho killer, or killers.

Westhart
2017-08-14, 07:00 AM
Actually that is where the name came from XD