PDA

View Full Version : Need some favored weapon help

Pakiti
2007-08-09, 10:08 PM
I've got a few gods for a campaign setting i'm brewin'. I'm not sure what favored weapons to give them. Here are the said gods and a bit about them.

Tysus: True Neutral god of Time and Balance.

Patalan: Lawful Neutral god of Promises and Contracts.

Meranya: Lawful Evil god of Trickery, Secrets and Decieit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

StickMan
2007-08-09, 10:16 PM
I've got a few gods for a campaign setting i'm brewin'. I'm not sure what favored weapons to give them. Here are the said gods and a bit about them.

Any help awould be greatly appreciated.

Tysus: I would go Flail for this one seems like time and balance you've got a scale and a hour glass some how they just scream Flail to me.

Patalan: Well if he is in to enforcing them with himself/with his clerics then an Axe would be good. Break your Contract lose your life. If he is that harsh.

Meranya: Trickery, Secrets and Decieit, well its a old cop out but I think your looking at a dagger here.

Pakiti
2007-08-09, 10:18 PM
I like the Axe idea. The problem with the flail is that the god of Evil already has that. I totally forgot about daggers, thanks.

StickMan
2007-08-09, 10:27 PM
You can have the same weapon more than once. Also which flail does he like. Most gods just go for one not the whole group. But then its your setting so I don't know how it works for you.

TheLogman
2007-08-09, 10:33 PM
Time just seems to say "Staff" for me, but since "Staff" is boring, Two-Bladed Sword (As in a piece of wood, and a sword on each end) seems to fit as well, with the whole balancing thing.

stolenchariot
2007-08-09, 10:41 PM
I think for time, maybe cythe if it isn't already used. Father time was typicaly depicted with a scythe.

DracoDei
2007-08-09, 10:41 PM
Or you could split the difference for time and go with the Dire-Flail... although exotic weapons just seem a little... weird... over powered if the god has the War domain, and otherwise... well I WAS going to say "Unlikely to be used by the clerics of", but that only adds up fluff wise, not crunch wise since Martial Weapon Prof. and Exotic Weapon Prof. are both one feat for one weapon (at least last I checked).

StickMan
2007-08-09, 10:45 PM
Time just seems to say "Staff" for me, but since "Staff" is boring, Two-Bladed Sword (As in a piece of wood, and a sword on each end) seems to fit as well, with the whole balancing thing.

Why did I not think of that,
Wait I did your just stealing my idea's so I don't know I had them
Yea thats it I have to go get my tinfoil hat.

adanedhel9
2007-08-09, 11:15 PM
The others have already given my ideas, but

The favoured weapon of the god of time in my campaign world is the longbow (ie "the arrow of time"). Might not fit with the balance aspect, though.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-10, 02:24 AM

I don't know, but I imagine a god of trickery as having a deceiving appearence and weapon. ;-) Perhaps they appear to people as a withered old man, with a gnarled cane.

But nobody would want to fight with a gnarled old cane, I think...

Quarterstaff? A sling? That sounds mischevious... Rapier? Dart?

Sounds like a Shield, to me... Perhaps a spiked shield since people will be using it as a favored 'weapon'?

Tough... I'd say quarterstaff again but... Longspear? Lance? For some reason I get the feeling of a long weapon being the best representation, but I dunno.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-10, 02:33 AM
Here is what I see:

A spear. Used for Time in Memorium, and pretty much a mainstay of human weapon technologies.

The Judge's Hammer? Something blunt, and heavy. To break a contract is to be curshed by something infinetly more powerful than yourself. Promises are sold as rock. Maybe a hevavy mace, morningstar or Greatclub if thats your thing.

Handaxe. I'm just a woodsman chopping wood, after all.
Alternitavly, a light crossbow seems tasty.

This are mearly flavor, however, and are not meant in the interest of balancing the weapons.

ChrisMcDee
2007-08-10, 05:13 AM
Sword or Staff
Hammer
Dagger

That's what I'd say :smallsmile:

Triaxx
2007-08-10, 06:52 AM
I actually have two of my four gods that dual wield weapons. Of course one of them is a god of giants, and dual wields a Great Sword and a Great Axe. But they're both favored weapons.

Tysus: I'd give him a dagger, since time slips up on you like a thief, and the traditional depiction of a thief is with a dagger. On the other hand, being a god of balance, you might consider a double weapon.

Patalan: A handaxe. Why a Handaxe? Because it hits fast and hard, and is easily broken.

Meranya: Unarmed. Since nothing is more deceptive than showing your open hand (origin of the handshake) to show you're unarmed, then driving your hand into their windpipe.