PDA

View Full Version : Reach Spell?

Deth Muncher
2007-08-10, 03:42 PM
Hey guys. I took this feat at some point in the past, but since then, the guy who had the book has moved, leaving me clueless as to the exact nature of the Feat itself. I know it turns any Touck spell into a Ranged Touck spell, and I'm pretty sure it makes it a 30-ft Cone. The problem is, I'm pretty sure its a Metamagic feat, and I don't know the spell level adjustment. Can anyone help?

blue_fenix
2007-08-10, 03:44 PM
reach spell is a +1 level metamagic, turns any touch spell into a ray with a 30ft range, requires a ranged touch attack to hit.

Deth Muncher
2007-08-10, 03:46 PM
Oh thank you....we've been playing it as a +2 adjustment....You have no idea how bad that is. Oh, and just for my clarification, what's the difference between a Cone and a Ray?

Arbitrarity
2007-08-10, 03:51 PM
Wrong, it's +2. Cdivine, ranged touch, treat as a ray.

Ray is a single beam, that hits one target, requires an attack roll (using dex) vs opponent's touch AC (i.e. -armour, nat armour, shield,)

Cone is a "cone", which goes to distance x, and width x, with templates in DMG, for specific targets.

Douglas
2007-08-10, 03:53 PM
A cone hits everything in the area, usually has a save, and does not require an attack roll. A ray hits just one target, may or may not have a save, and requires a ranged touch attack.

Reach Spell is +2.

blue_fenix
2007-08-10, 03:54 PM
Huh, I was sure it was +1. Guess I was wrong.

As for cone versus ray, the basic idea is that a ray is like pointing your finger and shooting a laser that hits one thing versus a cone is like breathing fire in a V shape in front of you.

Pun Pun
2008-11-06, 04:19 PM
Would this stack with Persistent spell and divine metamagic? Because that would be awesome.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-06, 04:25 PM
Would this stack with Persistent spell and divine metamagic? Because that would be awesome.http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/JS47/Thread_Necromancy.jpg