PDA

View Full Version : Haley and the girl she kissed

Max_Sinister
2007-08-11, 11:35 AM
I put a few facts together:

1. We know that Haley once kissed a girl. More than once.
2. Haley went through a Goth phase when she was a teen.

(OtOoPCs)
3. Haley was only 16 when she entered the Thieves' Guild. Her father had to get a special permission for her.
4. In the Thieves' Guild, there's also Crystal, who's very goth.
5. Haley and Crystal don't like each other.
6. Haley obviously isn't a goth anymore in the book.

So... is it possible that Haley kissed Crystal while they were both Goths, but later had a fall-out, seperated, hate each other since then, and Haley quit the goth scene? Maybe she only entered her goth phase because of Crystal's influence, and her father had to do something to get them seperated.
(This may have happened well before they entered the Thieves' Guild.)

SkanMan
2007-08-11, 11:59 AM
uh...? part of the whole goth chick thing is to emphasize the difference between haley then and haley now. I think that her kissing a chick is more to show her teen side, I mean , everyone knows crazy party chicks that make out with other girls at parties, as far as your falling out theory...I ve never read the books...so no opinion lol

Nightwing
2007-08-11, 12:03 PM
that would be another reason that the goth person is her self loathing.

Bluesilver
2007-08-11, 12:27 PM
Wait, Haley kissed a girl?!:smalleek:

SkanMan
2007-08-11, 12:33 PM
apparently, though i would have assumed someone with that many memorial quotes for their signature would have already been aware, as you MUST be order of the stick's biggest fan lol:smalltongue:

Tirian
2007-08-11, 12:35 PM
You missed the whole "latent bisexual Haley" thing, then?

The two things seem to be unrelated, since LBH looks like an organic food eating hippie that Goth Haley can't seem to stand. And, ahem, quite a bit more developed than GH. I'm thinking it was a college phase, or whatever passes for college in Haley's backstory.

Magioth
2007-08-11, 12:38 PM
or is it that you just want to imagine haley and crystal making out?

SkanMan
2007-08-11, 12:42 PM
and tirian only reinforces my original theory! thankee, but no to answer dudeman's question i wont enjoy haley and crystal making out as they are fictional females...im sure there's someone out there however that would lol

Magioth
2007-08-11, 12:49 PM
TO THE FANFIC THREAD :smallamused:

SkanMan
2007-08-11, 01:09 PM
aye, sounds good

RAGE KING!
2007-08-11, 01:14 PM
Wait, Haley kissed a girl?!:smalleek:

It was probably Rachel, whoever that is (unless that was her sister...lol)

Read the "What Haley said compilation" during her dinner with Elan she was blurting out secrets, and one of them was that she kissed a girl once...Okay! Okay! More than once!

ref
2007-08-13, 01:00 AM
wait... who is Rachel?

Aris Katsaris
2007-08-13, 04:14 AM
wait... who is Rachel?

Have a look at #311 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0311.html). It's one of the names she mentions among the people who left her.

keeganknorr
2007-08-13, 05:15 AM
to be fair, almost all the gothic girls I know went through a lesbian phase simultaneously. This point was driven home at a recent 69 eyes/wednesday 13 concert so I agree with TC 100%. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Max_Sinister
2007-08-13, 06:23 AM
About comic #311: Is that a piercing?

@keegan: Who's TC?

SteveMB
2007-08-13, 06:32 AM
or is it that you just want to imagine haley and crystal making out?

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Mysticaloctopus
2007-08-13, 06:48 AM
Given the way this thread is going, I surmise that everyone goes through a lesbian phase at some point - but guys can't actually be lesbian, so they just have to go talk fantasise about lesbians on the internet.

Gez
2007-08-13, 09:14 AM
1. We know that Haley once kissed a girl. More than once.

Yeah, but who told you it was the same girl she kissed everytime? It could be "Haley and the girls she kissed"... :smallwink:

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-13, 09:24 AM
Heh Heh,' maybe it was wanda:smallamused:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-13, 10:01 AM
About comic #311: Is that a piercing?

@keegan: Who's TC?

Oh my God! I never noticed that before! Yep, Goth Haley has a pierced eyebrow!

Max_Sinister
2007-08-13, 10:16 AM
@Gez: Semantics.

@PIXIE: Wanda Firebaugh? It's pretty obvious that the two worlds aren't the same. (OK, you know that too.)

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-13, 10:32 AM
Firegubaggublaau_galu-galf*blawawawaw*GHAA!!:smallfurious: ....
yes

keeganknorr
2007-08-13, 02:08 PM
Oh i meant topic creator, I'm not familiar with this board yet, or its nomenclature.

Max_Sinister
2007-08-13, 02:31 PM
OK, now I see.

Gez
2007-08-14, 04:26 AM
@Gez: Semantics.

Not really. Not the same thing if she had a real fling with a single girl, or if she just flirted with several girls.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-14, 07:08 PM
If I never read the parts with Haley trying to hide her feelings for Elan,
I'd be positive she's a Lesbian.
That would be SO hot.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-14, 07:18 PM
Maybe Haley ISN'T Chaotic-Good...ish. Maybe she, like Julia Greenhilt is True Neutral!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0343.html

Last panel.

Quick! To the House of Horrors thread!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-15, 08:13 AM
Maybe Haley ISN'T Chaotic-Good...ish. Maybe she, like Julia Greenhilt is True Neutral!

The only thing I am sure about Haley is that she is non-lawful and non-evil.
Maybe CN with good tendencies..

David Argall
2007-08-15, 02:52 PM
That all the OOTS except Belkar are of good alignment was settled back with the Unholy Blight strip. So no, Haley is not neutral.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-15, 02:57 PM
^ Wrong.

You call up unholy power to smite your enemies. The power takes the form of a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness.

Only good and neutral (not evil) creatures are harmed by the spell.
The spell deals 1d8 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d8) to a good creature (or 1d6 per caster level, maximum 10d6, to a good outsider) and causes it to be sickened for 1d4 rounds. A successful Will save reduces damage to half and negates the sickened effect. The effects cannot be negated by remove disease or heal, but remove curse is effective.

The spell deals only half damage to creatures who are neither evil nor good, and they are not sickened. Such a creature can reduce the damage in half again (down to one-quarter) with a successful Will save.

That's from the SRD description of Unholy Blight. Neutral creatures ARE affected.

Iranon
2007-08-15, 03:10 PM
Neutral characters are affected; however it looks as if something more than simple damage is happening which some take as strong evidence that everyone but Belkar is Good.

They look stunned rather than sickened though, which complicates matters - it hints Unholy Blight is a vastly uprated homebrew (in which case we don't know whether the condition only applies to Good victimsI).

On the other hand, it might be just damage, and the spell might be portrayed as worse than it is mechanically (because being choked by the essence of pure Evil is creepier than more mundane forms of damage would be).
A kick in the junk is likely to be 2 points of nonlethal damage, but I wouldn't fault anyone for playing it as a little more debilitating...

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-15, 03:15 PM
"Haley's Good! No, she's Neutral! No, she's GOOD! NO! SHE'S NEUTRAL!!!..."
Look, that's NOT the argument I was trying to get started.

I was just trying to get a little MFF action going between Haley, Julia and Elan!

Gee, is it that hard to figure out? :smallbiggrin:

Uzraid
2007-08-15, 03:41 PM
Long have I searched for a thread worthy of my one hundredth post. At last I have found it.