PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Alice's Fleeting lover (Spell)

Westhart
2017-08-28, 10:49 AM
Alice's Fleeting Lover
Illusion
Level: Sor/Wiz 6, Trickery 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Duration: 1 round/level
Range: Long
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You create a subject's most secret desire, one whom he'll follow to the end of the earth.
If the subject fails a will save he follows after the illusory image of desire. After 3 rounds of chasing he becomes fatigued, and after 8 rounds he becomes exhausted. Every round after that he takes 2d6 points of subdual damage, and instead of passing out when he takes so much subdual damage he begins to take lethal damage at the rate of 1d4 points for each round thereafter. The subject will follow the image off cliffs, by dangerous opponents (provoking AoO), and so on. The subject can also take no actions except moving after the image, which always seems to be just ahead.

Material Component: A lock of a lover caught in a tryst

rferries
2017-08-28, 01:18 PM
Very cool and potentially deadly, but with the drawback of the duration.

11 rounds to become exhausted, so 6d6 nonlethal damage for a 17th-level caster. True, the target can't do anything while running but it's simpler to just use finger of death. I'd reduce the spell level.

Westhart
2017-08-28, 01:22 PM
Very cool and potentially deadly, but with the drawback of the duration.

11 rounds to become exhausted, so 6d6 nonlethal damage for a 17th-level caster. True, the target can't do anything while running but it's simpler to just use finger of death. I'd reduce the spell level.

Reduced to 7th because I feel that exhaustion and fatigue are pretty powerful... actually make that 6th b/c immunity is common