PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Oath of the Storm

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-08-31, 01:09 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16w1ZIKgv6TobYZmY9jwnpeVPJfALjpoPAfBk6LTXMIs

A homebrew paladin for my friend, based on using the sky rather than the forest to attack your foes. I modeled this pretty heavily off of the Oath of the Ancients and the Tempest Domain for Clerics. As always, any suggestions or criticisms would be greatly appreciated. And if you like this, feel free to check out some of my other homebrew classes.

Sariel Vailo
2017-08-31, 03:09 PM
Id use it and its great a neutal paladin.very nice

SleepIncarnate
2019-01-09, 06:55 AM
Not to necro this thread or anything, but got directed here from a list of homebrew oaths in another thread. The link isn't working, saying the document has been trashed by the owner. Have you updated this oath somewhere and uploaded the new copy somewhere, or is this oath gone for good?

DeTess
2019-01-09, 07:20 AM
Not to necro this thread or anything, but got directed here from a list of homebrew oaths in another thread. The link isn't working, saying the document has been trashed by the owner. Have you updated this oath somewhere and uploaded the new copy somewhere, or is this oath gone for good?

On Chrome I got the option to make a copy, so if you want that version, here's a new link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NCza0rUbfShcpnMz8xJVW2ceW9kuaqVoYsydwT0B7pg/edit?usp=sharing

Its obviously not mine but the OP's creation, and I can't guarantee it'll remain up forever either, so I suggest saving a copy for your own use.

SleepIncarnate
2019-01-09, 11:17 AM
On Chrome I got the option to make a copy, so if you want that version, here's a new link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NCza0rUbfShcpnMz8xJVW2ceW9kuaqVoYsydwT0B7pg/edit?usp=sharing

Its obviously not mine but the OP's creation, and I can't guarantee it'll remain up forever either, so I suggest saving a copy for your own use.

Awesome, thanks! Was able to do that with Firefox on my home computer, just wasn't able to do it with Chrome on my phone, apparently. Really glad to be able to, as I was able to read the tenets from behind the "trashed" message, and I really wanted to see more as I really liked them.

AgentMaineSIGMA
2019-01-09, 02:10 PM

Hiya! Sorry about the confusion. I ended up trashing the document awhile back. My drive was getting too cluttered with homebrew and I didn’t like a lot of it. This was something that ended up being deleted, I think because I saw too many balancing issues with it. That said, I saw that some other people salvaged it, so I hope you enjoy! Could you link me to the list you found this in by chance?

SleepIncarnate
2019-01-10, 12:18 AM
The list can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?481588-D-amp-D-5e-Homebrew-Compendium-2) Enjoy!

SleepIncarnate
2019-01-10, 01:32 AM
Also, I think it's a pity that you chose to get rid of it. While I agree that it needed some work on the mechanics, I think it's the best storm paladin thematically. You took that concept of "sure, evil turns upon itself, but so does good" that we so rarely see, and made it a core part of the oath, not just making another absolutely good no matter what paladin.

Witg your permission, I might try to recreate the oath mechanics wise while still keeping the RP aspects the same.

AgentMaineSIGMA
2019-01-16, 05:00 PM
Also, I think it's a pity that you chose to get rid of it. While I agree that it needed some work on the mechanics, I think it's the best storm paladin thematically. You took that concept of "sure, evil turns upon itself, but so does good" that we so rarely see, and made it a core part of the oath, not just making another absolutely good no matter what paladin.

Witg your permission, I might try to recreate the oath mechanics wise while still keeping the RP aspects the same.

By all means! I don't have any plans on revisiting it, so feel free to edit and create as much as you want with it.