PDA

View Full Version : New Magic Item: Archer's Last Stand (Ring)

Westhart
2017-09-11, 11:54 AM
Archer's Last Stand (Ring)
Anytime someone wielding the bow pulls the string back and it is empty, the ring creates an arrow. The arrow converts any damage that would have been done into force damage, but otherwise functions as a normal arrow. Some rings grant the arrow an enhancement bonus ranging from +1-+5, change the damage into a different type, while some very rare rings add any poison it is soaked in for an hour. another type allows you to create material arrows, of a certain special material, although the rings are incapable of making arrows out of cold iron. If you have multiple attacks (Such as from BAB, a haste spell etc) then you can make more then one arrow a round.
Basic or Different energy type: Faint Conjuration and Evocation, Forge Ring, Conjure Arrow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?535925-Conjure-Arrow-(Spell)&p=22373442#post22373442), CL 2, Price 4,000 gp (Technically 12 k but I think that is overpriced...)
Special Material 1,000 gp
Enhancement: +1 (5,000 gp), +2 (8,000 gp), +3 (13,000), +4 (20,000), +5 (29,000)

No idea on what to charge for the poison effect, was thinking 2-4 k?

PEACH.

neriractor
2017-09-11, 01:56 PM
shoulndīt special materials be cheaper? Iīm pretty sure most of the time you would prefer force damage.

Westhart
2017-09-11, 02:08 PM
shoulndīt special materials be cheaper? Iīm pretty sure most of the time you would prefer force damage.

Yeah, they should have been, until I realized there was no point to have them... although now thinking about it, I guess there is a point so will add ti back in. Is 1 k too cheap?

neriractor
2017-09-12, 01:31 PM
sounds good, only material you are realy earning money on is adamantine and thatīs not too common of a damage reduction, not sure cold iron should be able to be replicated as is meant to be an anti-magic material but otherwise this is a nice item.

Westhart
2017-09-12, 01:40 PM
sounds good, only material you are realy earning money on is adamantine and thatīs not too common of a damage reduction, not sure cold iron should be able to be replicated as is meant to be an anti-magic material but otherwise this is a nice item.

Thanks, I'll take out cold iron... Don't suppose you could help me with the cost?

neriractor
2017-09-13, 02:32 PM
well, gloves of endless javelins (MIC p 194) do more or less the same thing and are considered to be pretty balanced, so I guess you can place it at the same price, with 7000 GP for the +1 version.

edit: nevermind that, you should probably do it cheaper, at the price you have it or 6000 gp since people also have to buy and carry a bow around for the ring to work.

Westhart
2017-09-13, 02:45 PM
well, gloves of endless javelins (MIC p 194) do more or less the same thing and are consisdered to be pretty balanced, so I guess you can place it at the same price, with 7000 GP for the +1 version.

Meant to say the cost of the poison ability XD my bad!

neriractor
2017-09-14, 07:02 PM
ok, that would depend on how you intend to do it, will the ring be able to hold any poison and keep it until you give it another one or would the poison "drain" with use? would it just replicate any poison you have knowledge off? or if the ring is made to imitate a unique kind of poison*? you should probably figure out exactly how it works before figuring out a price.

*that one should have the cost based on the type of poison.

Westhart
2017-09-14, 07:07 PM
I intended on it to be able to hold any poison you soak it in for an hour... although it probabaly should be discharged after a certain number of attacks now that you mention it... hmm...