PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Bardic College Of Streetwalkers

JNAProductions
2017-09-14, 08:30 PM
Lady Of The Night-At level 3, you gain Expertise in Stealth. (If you already had proficiency in Stealth, gain proficiency in any one other skill of your choice. If you already had Expertise in it, gain Expertise in any other skill of your choice.)

Tease-At level 3, as an action, you may expend a use of Bardic Inspiration to Tease someone within 60', requiring them to pass a Charisma saving throw against your spell DC. On a failure, they are Teased for so long as they can clearly see you. A Teased foe suffers your Bardic Inspiration die as a penalty on any d20 rolls they make, as they are distracted by your... Enticing nature. This lasts for up to one hour (with Concentration required) or until they take damage.

You can only Tease creatures that are susceptible to the Charmed condition.

Erotic Magical Secrets-At level 6, you gain two free spells known from the following list:
-Bernadette's Illusory Nakedness
-Change Sex
-Clothes to Chocolate
-Cupid's Arrow
-Protection from Clothing
-Speedy Undress
-Tasha's Flirtatious Glance
Find the spells here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TL8lJmg0u4Wkfv-QdX0ztTuSs0DdiTxkxGETVPulDUg/edit?usp=sharing).

Sexual Defenses-At level 6, as a reaction, you may add your Charisma modifier to your AC against all attacks made against you by one target.

Seduction At A Whim-At level 14, you may cast Charm Person at its lowest level without expending a spell slot. If you do expend a spell slot, the target regards you as more than a simple friend and instead as their lover, and they do not know they were charmed by you when the spell wears off.

JBPuffin
2017-09-14, 08:53 PM
Out of curiosity, why Stealth? Surely Persuasion would be more suitable?...On the other hand, I appreciate the night nod, so it's probably fine. Automatic proficiency+expertise is interesting.

Tease seems rather odd; basically, you pick an enemy for the team not to target, and they get nerfed while the rest get cleaned up. Weird, but a tactic I could see being used in a normal game.

Looked at the spells, and I found some things I would actually use. I mean, Clothes to Chocolate? Loads of fun. Speedy Undress may very well be the best anti-artificer/artifact-reliant character spell ever created; I'd take that on my AT in a heartbeat. Fun stuff. (I forget - that Oath is yours, right?)

Take a reaction to get +Cha to AC against a single target, without limit...so at 6th level, I get what I use Shield for almost limitlessly, but don't get the side-benefit of keeping the bonus? Seems like a balanced innovation I'd still totally use.

Lastly, free Charm Person and buffs to normal Charm Person, with a note that at higher levels, you create an instant harem. Seems legit :P.

It's interesting, in a 5e BoEF splatbook it'd feel right at home, and the mechanics don't seem all that ridiculous for a less sexual subclass. Nice work.

2017-09-14, 08:57 PM
Lady Of The Night feels appropriate enough - a 1P upgrade to Stealth (or to another skill you already have, if Stealth is already Expertise). Leaves the other expertise options the Bard gets at that level open to other things, which works out well.

Tease needs to have its range clarified - both the range you can apply it within, and the range you can maintain it within; I could understand the latter being undefined to a degree, but the former definitely needs to have some kind of limit. I think the save for Tease should be Cha rather than Wis, partially because I think it's easier to resist getting flustered by sexual teasing with self-confidence than sheer willpower, and partially because weak saves should be a bit more common IMO. I don't like that that ability is Concentration; I understand that the temptation to just spam tease against a group of soon-to-be enemies is something that should be avoided, but that can be solved with a line like "you can only be Teasing one creature at a time" without preventing you from casting Concentration spells. Finally, I'm not sure if putting targeting limits would be a good idea or not, but I know it seems weird that I can Tease creatures who aren't attracted to me due to their sexual orientation/species/consciousness. I think, to cover issues of applicability, Tease should give the target the Charmed condition and tack the rest onto that - that way, things that can't be Charmed can't be affected by this ability...unless you want me to be able to seduce an animated suit of armor, I guess?

The spells largely seem like Ribbons, but that's okay because they come online with Sexual Defenses. Protection From Clothing seems pretty weak for the level it requires, but meh. In regards to that 'brew you linked, though, I would appreciate it being clarified what spell lists those spells are on - particularly, since it's relevant to this homebrew, whether the spells in that document are on the Bard list or not.

Sexual Defenses is essentially a version of Defensive Duelist that isn't tied to any particular weapon/fighting style and is more stable from level 1 to 20 (shifting between 3-5 rather than 2-6). Overall, a nice ability, I think, although potentially overpowered if you're pumping Cha beyond 20 (especially if combined with a homebrew thing giving you Cha-based Unarmored Defense.

Seduction At A Whim seems quite powerful. Because it comes online fairly late, it seems like it might be pretty good. That said, Wizard 18 gets to select a 1st and 2nd lvl spell they know, and can cast them at-will in their lowest-level without expending slots; the Wizard gets two such spells, and can change them around, whereas you're stuck with a 1st lvl spell, and specifically Charm Person at that...but it comes online 4 levels earlier. The additional change to how Charm Person works is nice, though, neat lil' touch.

JNAProductions
2017-09-14, 08:57 PM
Out of curiosity, why Stealth? Surely Persuasion would be more suitable?...On the other hand, I appreciate the night nod, so it's probably fine. Automatic proficiency+expertise is interesting.

Tease seems rather odd; basically, you pick an enemy for the team not to target, and they get nerfed while the rest get cleaned up. Weird, but a tactic I could see being used in a normal game.

Looked at the spells, and I found some things I would actually use. I mean, Clothes to Chocolate? Loads of fun. Speedy Undress may very well be the best anti-artificer/artifact-reliant character spell ever created; I'd take that on my AT in a heartbeat. Fun stuff. (I forget - that Oath is yours, right?)

Take a reaction to get +Cha to AC against a single target, without limit...so at 6th level, I get what I use Shield for almost limitlessly, but don't get the side-benefit of keeping the bonus? Seems like a balanced innovation I'd still totally use.

Lastly, free Charm Person and buffs to normal Charm Person, with a note that at higher levels, you create an instant harem. Seems legit :P.

It's interesting, in a 5e BoEF splatbook it'd feel right at home, and the mechanics don't seem all that ridiculous for a less sexual subclass. Nice work.

Oath of Nudity is mine, but I got some MAJOR help from some other peeps on it. They're listed (or should be, at least) in the credits or something in the link, so check their work out!

And thanks! Glad to see you think it's balanced.

Edit: Thanks AV! Added a 60' initial range, and then it requires clear LoS.

RazDelacroix
2017-09-14, 09:32 PM
In regards to the possible reasoning behind Stealth being included... Blame Elan's logic of "I'M NAKED AND THEREFORE INVISIBLE!"

Sariel Vailo
2017-09-15, 07:40 PM
Want an extra spell sariels succulent strip. Just ask and ill show you

khadgar567
2017-09-16, 02:46 AM
Want an extra spell sariels succulent strip. Just ask and ill show you
okay i just failed my intrigue save so explain please.

Sariel Vailo
2017-09-16, 10:32 AM
I think i may have to make it to spells a low level and a higher level.