PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 4e to 5e Magical Armour

VisionsOfGlory
2017-09-17, 07:07 AM
I've been converting some 4e Magical Armour to 5e for my group. They decided there was not enough magical items in 5e, which I disagree with but there's not actually that many compared to previous editions but then again this edition is still young.

I wanted to share it and hopefully get some feedback, it's still a work in progress though. I finished all the Player Handbooks and have moved onto the Adventurer's Vaults. Is there any other books that contain magical items I'm missing? Eventually I'll move onto other magical items.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cpbRaxABcwPrFh7KbmWYxXIktrF_zr90HQ3SrQTmdfw/edit?usp=sharing

JNAProductions
2017-09-17, 11:00 AM
Bloodied is not a game term in 5E.

Agile Armor looks good-powerful, but requires some MADness.

Ongoing damage is also not a thing in 5E.

Addergrease Armor looks good.

Angelsteel is basically +1 Plate with a minor ribbon. I'd make it the same as +1 Plate, honestly.

Aqueous Armor is cool.

Armour of Attraction is also cool.

Good, good, good...

Armour of Negation should be rarer-that's a hella good ability.

Minor actions aren't a thing anymore-do you mean bonus action?

Armour of Sacrifice is cool, but it says fluffwise they're plain robes, yet they're only available on heavy armour?

Okay, I'm not going to read all 15 flipping pages. However, here's what I would say:

Clean it up a little. Make it more in-line with 5E's wording, since it uses a lot of 4E terms.

But, that being said, they look cool, and for the most part, well-balanced.

VisionsOfGlory
2017-09-17, 12:56 PM
Bloodied is not a game term in 5E.

Isn't it? I could have sworn the Life Cleric's channel divinity could only heal up to the bloodied value. No, it says half of the maximum hit points. I guess my 4e ways are still pretty engrained.

Ongoing damage is also not a thing in 5E.

I'll change is to takes five points of poison damage at the beginning of each of his/her turn until save ends. I think they've taken all the fun things out of 5e.

Armour of Negation should be rarer-that's a hella good ability.

Thanks :) I've been really struggling with trying to appropriately give them rarities.

Minor actions aren't a thing anymore-do you mean bonus action?

I will go change that :) Thanks for spotting that.

Armour of Sacrifice is cool, but it says fluffwise they're plain robes, yet they're only available on heavy armour?

Okay, I'm not going to read all 15 flipping pages. However, here's what I would say:

Clean it up a little. Make it more in-line with 5E's wording, since it uses a lot of 4E terms.

But, that being said, they look cool, and for the most part, well-balanced.

I'll go change the Armour as well :) Yeah, there is a lot of pages. I've cut a suprising amount of armours out as well because they either exist in 5e, or just wouldn't work no matter how much I might change them.

But thanks :)

Side Note: I have enabled the comment feature if anyone wants to point out mistakes or suggestions on there. :smallsmile:

nickl_2000
2017-09-18, 08:51 AM
Overall comment. 5e rarely does "until the end of the encounter." Usually is does for 1 minutes (which usually means the same thing, but will make this more standard feeling).

Bloodiron Armour - You rarity here is way to high. +2 armor without and caveats is Very Rare

Breaching Armour - This is no longer a "move action" it's just a move. You never activate anything in a move, all you can do in a move is move. This should either be an action or bonus actions.

Chaos Weave Armour There is no such thing as an interrupt. It's a reaction now. Same

I've put other comments in the document itself