PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Doombringers and the Death Domain

Aeradom
2017-09-19, 09:18 PM
I have a player in my game that wants to play a Doombringers. I'm fine with that concept but when he said that he would use the Death Domain I was conflicted. Yes, Kelemvor's Domain is death, but the Death Domain book takes a more evil slant on it. For one thing, Doombringers are suppose to assuage fears about necromancers and you got the Death Domain animating the dead. And it's going to be pretty hard to deal with the undead, say like a Lich, when their resistant/immune to your abilities that are necrotic in damage. So there's no way I'm just letting him be a straight up Death Domain Cleric. However, I am open to the concept of Doombringers but I just need a basis to work from. Would they be better built as a Paladin or a Cleric for starters? And is there any existing Domains I can work from?

Any help would be appreciated.

King539
2017-09-19, 09:20 PM
Try the Grave Domain: More neutral-focused and undead-killy.

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_Cleric.pdf

JackPhoenix
2017-09-19, 09:22 PM
Grave domain from UA. As for liches and negative necrotic damage, you're still cleric, you still have stuff like Flame Strike (or rather, Spirit Guardians). And you don't *need* to make undead just because the spell is on your list.

Of course, at that point, you may as well take Life as universal domain.

Naanomi
2017-09-19, 09:22 PM
Although... with the exception of granting animate dead (already a Cleric Spell) the mechanics of death domain are not particularly Undead focused anyways.

Aeradom
2017-09-19, 09:44 PM
Ah! That will do quite nicely! Thanks all!