PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Path of Steelskin Barbarian (Senator Armstrong)

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-10-04, 01:19 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BSWp17VyRvvKl5j0X28iNI5Sl5Yol8EjY1MlBPaJuHI

Not gonna lie, I kinda hate that I made this. I got bored in English and wanted to make a class, and I’ve been playing Metal Gear Rising again, and this was the unholy abomination that came out. If you like it, and I can’t imagine you would, feel free to check out my other homebrew stuff. If you have any criticisms or suggestions, feel free to respond with them. Hope you enjoy it.

JNAProductions
2017-10-04, 01:49 PM
NANOBOTS, SON!

Steelskin... Hrm. Makes you less MAD, but also denies you magical shields. Slight power buff (mostly defensive, relative to your standard barbarian) but nothing major.

Blade Block I would make similar to Deflect Missiles, that the monk has. Reduce damage by 1d10+Strength Modifier+Barbarian level. That way, let's say, for instance, you have an entire mountain fall on you. That will kill you, with its 1000d20 points of damage, whereas as written, you can survive it just fine.

Kindred Spirits appeared broken, until I saw it was once per rest. Seems fine.

Likewise for Steel Burst.

Overall, looks fun, and balanced!

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-10-23, 09:20 AM
NANOBOTS, SON!

Steelskin... Hrm. Makes you less MAD, but also denies you magical shields. Slight power buff (mostly defensive, relative to your standard barbarian) but nothing major.

Blade Block I would make similar to Deflect Missiles, that the monk has. Reduce damage by 1d10+Strength Modifier+Barbarian level. That way, let's say, for instance, you have an entire mountain fall on you. That will kill you, with its 1000d20 points of damage, whereas as written, you can survive it just fine.

Kindred Spirits appeared broken, until I saw it was once per rest. Seems fine.

Likewise for Steel Burst.

Overall, looks fun, and balanced!

*in despair* Why was this the one that I balanced properly!?!?

Wartex1
2017-10-23, 09:31 AM
Kindred Spirits, outside of the source material, doesn't seem too thematically appropriate to the archetype. It seems out of place. Why not shift things around a bit and give the archetype a bonus to unarmed strikes?

AgentMaineSIGMA
2017-10-23, 12:14 PM
Kindred Spirits, outside of the source material, doesn't seem too thematically appropriate to the archetype. It seems out of place. Why not shift things around a bit and give the archetype a bonus to unarmed strikes?

Kindred Spirits is actually modeled after the Berserker's ability to Frighten. It's inspired by Senator Armstrong from MGR, a powerful and charismatic figure who uses his strength to convince others to join him. Kindred Spirits gives the barbarian that ability too.