PDA

View Full Version : Community World Building a Gestalt Setting

StickMan
2007-08-15, 10:44 PM
Building a Gestalt Setting has been something I've been toying around with for along time, and after seeing how incredible the tears of blood setting is I would really like to take part in something like it (From the start). Mainly I'm posting this to see how much interest there would be in doing something like this.

The main idea I have been toying around with in my head is a Gestalt setting, in a multiplanar campaign setting there has been a war of the gods and after a godlike being of massive power calming to be the allsoul (or some such thing) a universal connection to all beings cried out and sent the gods back to earth returning as mortals. With the exception of two gods the god of death and god of life/rebirth (LN and CN respectively) these two gods are the oldest of the gods and the most distant as well.

The number of planes I was thinking more than 5 less than 10 and have only hair ball ideas for about 3 or 4 of them. By multplanar I mean more than one material plane. On plane is an Endless world city, one is a Ocean world with few large islands, another was built by the gods to house all natural life and so on...

If people are interested in a Gestalt Setting at all please post as I am not attached to my idea as complex as it may seem and would like to work on a Gestalt setting period. And hey if you do like my idea then I do have more info I can post on it.

stolenchariot
2007-08-15, 10:58 PM
My two cents, just to get them out for public view

a Stellar world, where cities are surrounded in a sphere of cosmic bodies. Perhaps homebre some livilng constellations.

A world similar to Cloud city or Coruscantfrom Star wars

A more civilized world kinda like Hoth.

TheThan
2007-08-15, 11:38 PM
I think the major focus of the forums right now, is on Tears of Blood, and will be until it's done (or as close to done as they can get).

However i love world building and would love to lend a hand, assuming i have the time.

StickMan
2007-08-15, 11:50 PM
I think the major focus of the forums right now, is on Tears of Blood, and will be until it's done (or as close to done as they can get).

However i love world building and would love to lend a hand, assuming i have the time.

I hate to be blunt about this but I think the major focus for people who have been working on Tears of Blood for awhile is on Tears of Blood. This forum has grown a lot scene Tears of Blood Started, and not everyone who has joined wants to work on a campaign that is well in to development (Such as my self). I don't know if this will get as big as Tears of Blood I'm doing this more for fun and for my self than anything else. If it does and people put that much work in to it I will be really happy beyond all limits, but I'm just setting out to have fun with building a setting with a group of people who I like and share common interests with. So yes Tears of Blood is awesome and has been a labor of love for the people who have worked on it but I would like to start my own labor of love as well as corny as that may sound.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-16, 02:55 AM
Hmmm. I'm usually really vehemently against Gestalt because I find it lends itself to unbalanced gameplay, even though I am extremely in favor of a 'classless system'.

I have a little smattering of worldbuilding experience... None of it ever seems to get my personal approval, however. Not that I think my ideas are neccesarily bad... it's just that I am slightly neurotic and obsessive. :smalltongue:

StickMan
2007-08-16, 02:27 PM
So does that mean your in?