PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other New Ability

Drathan
2017-10-16, 11:01 PM
working on kind of a Prestige Class for monk due to not liking many options out there and created an ability that some people liked and thought I would post it here for you guys to critique and either like, improve or just tear apart. That being said I present you with a new ability, unless it already exists in which case let me know. The main idea behind this ability was mobility and to help with a monks low hit die considering it is a no armor melee class.

When hit by a melee attack by a creature, no more than one size larger and as long as caster is not denied dexterity and is carrying a light load, may make an opposed grapple check that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If successful, can avoid the attack and move directly behind the target as well as getting a single attack at highest BaB. This ability counts as an Attack of Opportunity. Target can resume turn as normal.

aimlessPolymath
2017-10-16, 11:47 PM
It's a neat ability with pros and cons- it can often leave you in a worse location than before- a good tradeoff which I really like
An opposed grapple check is unusual and a cool idea, but makes it unpredictably overpowered/useless- would swap out for an opposed Strength/Dexterity check (whichever they used to make the attack roll vs. whichever of yours you like).