PDA

View Full Version : Idea for sorcerors

puppyavenger
2007-08-16, 09:57 AM
Since I never realy understood how sorcerors know how to manipulate bat poop, I came up with this.

Instead of worthless spell components the sorcereor uses a focus for all his spells, it can be anything but if you loose it you have to replace it which costs as much as replacing a familiar.

Zeta Kai
2007-08-16, 10:14 AM
I kinda like that idea, actually.

I've never like spell components much, as they are either handwaved away under the assumption that all spellcasters carry virtually infinite supplies of newt eyes & guano, or they made maddenly difficult to find, sending players on a fetch quest to procure a demon's toenall to power one otherwise simple spell.

It seems natural for sorcerers to possess some focus object, like an arcane talisman, a microscopic portal to the Positive Energy Plane, or "key" to the mystical foundation of the multiverse. It's not altogether dissimilar from a wizard's spellbook, really.

Aeyamar
2007-08-16, 10:31 AM
I like that idea a lot. It seems is a good way to create more distinction between wizards and sorcerers. Also it would certainly make Eschew Materials a much more valuable feat.