PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Xxyth (Monster) PEACH

Westhart
2017-11-03, 07:55 AM
XXYTH
Large Outsider (Chaotic, Evil)
HIt Dice: 12d12; HP: 264
Speed: 40' (8 squares), swim 20' (4 squares)
Initiative: +10
AC 43 (+20 natural, -1 size, +3 Dex, +11 Deflection) Touch 23
Attacks: +20/+20 melee (2d6+9, talon), +20 (1d4+Bite) and +20/+20/+20/+20 (1d4+9, tentacle)
Special Attacks: Horrendous Bile, Pounce, Touch of the Far Realms
Special Qualities: Antimagic Aura, Abominable Speed, Bane Blood, Damage Reduction 10/Lawful, Regeneration 6, True Sight, Warped Reality Immune to Poison, Acid, Fire, disease, and Transformation effects.
Saves: Fort +29, Ref +23, Will +23
Str 28, Dex 16, Con 30, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 20.
Feats: Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes, Multi-attack, Improved Multi-Attack, Iron Will
Regeneration: Xxyth have regeneration equal to 1/2 their HD, overcome by cold damage, anything law aligned, and wooden weapons.
Horrendous Bile (Ex): As a standard action a Xxyth can puke up a virulent green bile, and launch it at one creature with 20', making a ranged touch attack. This deals 1d6/2 levels of acid damage and 2 points of vile damage, repeated each round for 1d2 rounds. A successful reflex save (DC: 10+1/2 D+Con) halves the initial damage and you take no more damage in following rounds. In addition you must make a random save or be subjected to a random disease. Tis can only be used once a minute.
True Sight (Ex): All xxyth see as if under the influence of an extroadinary true seeing effect at all times.
Warped Reality (Ex): The xxyth comes from a twisted reality, and its form doesn't exactly... fit into the material plane. All attacks against it have a 10% miss chance on the material plane or other planes that are tied to it (ethereal and shadow). This effect is not bypassed by true seeing or other effects. They add 1/2 their HD+charisma modifier as a bonus to AC and all saves.
Abominable Speed (Ex): The xxyth make take an extra partial action every round, adds 1/2 its level to initiative, always acts in surprise rounds (if it wouldn't have acted it acts last) and may take a full round of actions in a surprise round.
Antimagic Aura (Su): The xxyth is surrounded by an antimagic field, per the spell. However it can activate this as a swift action, it stays active for 1d4 rounds and then cannot be used for 2d4 rounds.
Bane Blood (Ex): Whenever a xxyth is damaged by a slashing or piercing effect, its blood erupts in a violet flame upon contact with the air, and all creatures within 5 feet take 1d6/2 HD points of fire damage. A Reflex save (DC damage inflicted on the xxyth) negates.
Pounce (Ex): The xxyth may make a full attack after a charge action.
Touch of the Far Realm: A Xxyth's natural weapons have the anarchic and unholy properties, and function as bane weapons against creatures with the good or lawful subtypes. They also have an enchantment bonus equal to 1/4 its HD.
Advancement: 15-20 HD (Huge), 21-30 (Gargantuan), 31-40 (Colossal)

Inspired by the Xxyth, Lesser from the adventure module Where Madness Dwells.
Well, not sure on the CR, and I have to deal with skills. PEACH please.

rferries
2017-11-04, 07:26 AM
Very complex! Is this a pathfinder statblock?

A picture would be nice, if possible, or a little bit of text describing what it looks like. I used the first pic that showed up on google.

I agree that monsters should have scaling abilities (re: regeneration, the bile, etc.) but it'd be nice if you state the values for this individual as well. With that in mind, I've streamlined the writeup a bit (for 3.5, so it may mess it up if you were aiming for Pathfinder etc.) and corrected some minor calculations. I also assumed the claws were the primary natural attack (e.g. gave them the full strength bonus, and the others only 1/2 strength). Skills etc. were assigned pretty much at random,I've no real idea of the lore behind these creatures.

Suggestions:
-Add the Aquatic (and Amphibious) or [Water] subtypes, or otherwise specify they can breathe water.

-Set damage of natural attacks according to the pathfinder universal rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules/#Natural_Attacks) (1d6 claw, 1d8 bite, 1d6 tentacle for a Large creature), +/- the Improved Natural Attack feat for the claws. If you want them to add full Str bonus to all attacks, specify under combat or as a special attack (as that would be a unique effect, to my knowledge).

-Tentacles traditionally have improved grab, constrict, reach, and can be sundered too, though there are exceptions (e.g. aboleths).

-Pounce typically allows rake attacks.

-Split Warped Reality into the concealment effect and a separate Unearthly Grace/Divine Grace/Dark Blessing/Unholy Grace ability (the scaling HD component for saves/ac makes them virtually untouchable and is worth at least +2 CR by itself, especially in combination with the good Charisma score).

https://i.imgur.com/x5v5zrt.jpg
XXYTH
Size/Type: Large Outsider (Chaotic, Evil)
Hit Dice: 12d8+120 (174 hp)
Initiative: +13
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), swim 20 ft.
Armour Class: 43 (+20 natural, -1 size, +3 Dex, +11 Deflection), touch 23, flat-footed 40
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+16
Attack: Claw +23 melee (2d6+12)
Full Attack: 2 claws +23 melee (2d6+12) and bite +23 (1d4+7) and 4 tentacles +23 melee (1d4+7)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Horrendous Bile, Pounce, Touch of the Far Realms
Special Qualities: Abominable Speed, Antimagic Aura, Bane Blood, Damage Reduction 10/Lawful, Darkvision 60 ft., Immunity to Acid, Disease, Fire, Poison, and Polymorph, Regeneration 6, True Sight, Warped Reality
Saves: Fort +29, Ref +22, Will +23
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 16, Con 30, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 20
Skills: Climb +24, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (religion) +17, Knowledge (the planes) +17, Listen +17, Speak Language (any twelve), Spellcraft +17, Spot +17, Survival +17 (+19 other planes), Swim +22
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Improved Multittack, Iron Will, Multiattack
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane?
Organisation: ?
Challenge Rating: 14?
Treasure: None?
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 13-20 HD (Huge); 21-30 (Gargantuan); 31-40 (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: -

This horrific abomination is indescribably monstrous.

A Xxyth delights in terror and destruction... I guess?

A Xxyth speaks Abyssal, Aquan, Undercommon, and at least twelve other languages.

Combat
A Xxyth uses X tactics.

A Xxyth's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Abominable Speed (Ex)
The xxyth make take an extra move or attack action every round, adds 1/2 its level to initiative, always acts in surprise rounds (if it wouldn't have acted it acts last) and may take a full round of actions in a surprise round.

Antimagic Aura (Su)
As a swift action a xxyth can generate an antimagic field, as the spell (caster level 12th). The effect lasts for 1d4 rounds, and once a xxyth uses this power it must wait 2d4 rounds before using it again.

Bane Blood (Ex)
Whenever a Xxyth is damaged by a slashing or piercing weapon, its blood erupts in a violet flame upon contact with air, dealing 6d6 points of fire damage to all creatures within 5 feet. A Reflex save (DC = damage inflicted on the xxyth) negates this fire damage.

Horrendous Bile (Ex)
Once per minute as a standard action a Xxyth can puke up virulent green bile, and launch it at one creature with 20 feet. This is a ranged touch attack with no range increment. Opponents hit by this attack take 6d6 points of acid damage and 2 points of vile damage when struck, repeated for the next 1d2 rounds. A successful Reflex save (DC 26) halves the initial damage and negates the subsequent damage. In addition, affected creatures must make a Fortitude save (DC 26) or be infected by a random disease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#disease). The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Pounce (Ex)
If a Xxyth charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Regeneration (Ex)
A Xxyth takes normal damage from lawful or wooden weapons, from cold, and from spells or effects with the [Law] descriptor.

Touch of the Far Realm (Su)
A Xxyth's natural weapons are treated as +3 magic weapons with the anarchic , unholy , and bane (good outsiders, lawful outsiders) properties. (The anarchic, bane, and unholy properties are not included in the statistics block).

True Sight (Ex)
All Xxyth see as if under the influence of an extraordinary true seeing effect at all times.

Warped Reality (Ex)
A Xxyth comes from a twisted reality, and its form doesn't exactly... fit into the Material Plane. All attacks against it have a 10% miss chance on the Material Plane or other planes that are coterminous or coexistent with it (e.g. the Astral, Ethereal, and Shadow planes). This effect is not bypassed by true seeing or other effects. Furthermore, a Xxyth adds 1/2 their HD + their Charisma modifier as a bonus on all its saving throws and as a deflection bonus to its Armor Class. (The statistics block already reflects these bonuses).

Skills
A Xxyth has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Advanced Xxyth
Xxyth of advanced racial hit dice or that take levels in character classes become even more powerful. Their special attacks and qualities scale with their character level, as given below:

Abominable Speed: Grants an initiative bonus equal to one-half the Xxyth's level.

Bane Blood: Deals 1d6 points of fire damage per two levels.

Horrendous Bile: Deals 1d6 points of acid damage per two levels.

Regeneration: The value of the regeneration is always equal to one-half the Xxyth's level.

Touch Of The Far Realm: A Xxyth's natural weapons have an enhancement bonus of +1 per 4 levels.

Westhart
2017-11-04, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it was 3.5, and I think I'll shamelessly steal yours for the campaign (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/28495/Where-Madness-Dwells?it=1) I'm running :smallcool:

Basically it was made for a party of 4, 7th level, which turned to a part of 7, 7th level gestalt. Thus the "BBEG" (and most of the rest) needed a major buff, and yours came out better then mine :smallbiggrin:. So, if you don't mind I'll use it :smallbiggrin:

rferries
2017-11-04, 11:16 AM
Just realised I made a mistake with the hp totals; fixed now to reflect outsider d8 HD.

You're not stealing at all! It's entirely your own work, I just checked some calculations. :)

Westhart
2017-11-04, 11:39 AM
Just realised I made a mistake with the hp totals; fixed now to reflect outsider d8 HD.

You're not stealing at all! It's entirely your own work, I just checked some calculations. :)

Thanks either way :smalltongue: