PDA

View Full Version : big bad buff bugbear bully!

that_one_kobold
2017-11-08, 02:28 PM
As the title may imply, this post has to do with bugbears! well, kind of. I'm making a bugbear rogue/fighter, and need some help with splitting up the levels. I'm starting level six (my kobold died :smallfrown: ), just so you guys know what level you're working with. I've decided assassin is great with the "surprise attack" feature, but don't know what fighter subclass is best. I'm thinking scout or battlemaster would be good for extra damage. what do you guys think my subclass and level split should be?

Chugger
2017-11-08, 03:37 PM
X book comes out in a few days (for pre-order). I'd wait and see what options you got there.

nickl_2000
2017-11-08, 03:43 PM
As the title may imply, this post has to do with bugbears! well, kind of. I'm making a bugbear rogue/fighter, and need some help with splitting up the levels. I'm starting level six (my kobold died :smallfrown: ), just so you guys know what level you're working with. I've decided assassin is great with the "surprise attack" feature, but don't know what fighter subclass is best. I'm thinking scout or battlemaster would be good for extra damage. what do you guys think my subclass and level split should be?

Fighter:
Battlemaster - Helps with thing like knockdown and disarm. Disarm is great when you get a free bonus object interaction as a rogue. Knock their weapon from their hand and take their weapon, then bonus action dash away from them mocking them the whole time

Champion - Increased crit range also doubles the amount of Sneak attack dice you roll

Rogue:
Swashbuckler would probably be a great choice for this character, check them out.

Kuulvheysoon
2017-11-08, 03:57 PM
What sort of flavor are you looking for here? Do you want the thuggish fighter, or the burly rogue? Do you want magic, or to just improve your survivability as much as you can?

8wGremlin
2017-11-08, 03:59 PM
Bugbear Barbarian 2 / Rogue 4 - max Strength, and dex 14 min, use a whip (yes) and wear medium armour and use a shield.
Rage and go to town with the whip with 20' reach.

Sneak attack, and Surprise Attack can be devastating.

If you want to get really messy take a level of the revised ranger and pick enemy Humanoids for an additional +2 damage.