PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Cleave, Greater Cleave, Legendary Dreadnought [Fighter] Feats.

Westhart
2017-11-09, 08:39 AM
Cleave [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Power Attack
Benefits: Whenever you attack and deal enough damage to reduce the foe to 0 HP or below you get an immediate extra attack. The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous creature.

Great Cleave [Fighter]
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Cleave
Benefits: Whenever you use you cleave attack you may take a move action as well before or after the attack granted by the cleave feat.

Legendary Dreadnought [Fighter]
"We call him... the mook-slayer!"
Prerequisites: Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave
Benefits: Instead of an attack and an additional move action (cleave and great cleave) you may make an additional full attack, and they may take a 5' step before or after full attacking.

Legendary dreadnought, too OP?

rferries
2017-11-09, 09:14 AM
Meh, seems fine. Allows a fighter to duplicate chain lightning or somesuch.

Westhart
2017-11-09, 09:30 AM
Meh, seems fine. Allows a fighter to duplicate chain lightning or somesuch.

Yeah, the inspiration was actually from chain spell :smallbiggrin:

nonsi
2017-11-09, 11:24 PM
Legendary Dreadnought might create a paradox where one can move a greater distance when attacking than when running (e.g. via TWF feat chain).

Knitifine
2017-11-10, 12:13 AM
Interesting take. My only gripe is that Great Cleave allows a fighter to break the sound barrier so that's kind of... jarring.

JNAProductions
2017-11-10, 12:31 AM
Interesting take. My only gripe is that Great Cleave allows a fighter to break the sound barrier so that's kind of... jarring.

Hey! You have to be at least level 1 to take that feat!

Okay, that might be a LITTLE early for supersonic speed. :P

But I actually don't mind a martial being able to do that.

Plus, assuming the basic 30' move and hitting on 2s, it's only 14 attacks before he has a greater than 50% chance of missing, or a total of 420' in 6 seconds. 70' a second is FAST (47 MPH, about) but not sonic fast.

Westhart
2017-11-10, 08:00 AM
Legendary Dreadnought might create a paradox where one can move a greater distance when attacking than when running (e.g. via TWF feat chain).

Hey! You have to be at least level 1 to take that feat!

Okay, that might be a LITTLE early for supersonic speed. :P

But I actually don't mind a martial being able to do that.

Plus, assuming the basic 30' move and hitting on 2s, it's only 14 attacks before he has a greater than 50% chance of missing, or a total of 420' in 6 seconds. 70' a second is FAST (47 MPH, about) but not sonic fast.
Y'know the breaking the speed of light/sending th elog back in time trick? Sit down kiddies, I gotta treat for ye.
[Turns on horrendous Mobster accent attempt]
See whats we gonna do 'ere is line up zeze commoners just so yeah? Now, we get guido to come along with 'is ole sword... Ole fashioned fello, usin' a sword. So, zey all line up, and then he run along slash 'em ta ribbons right? Now, we get ze adrees of the punk oo fogot to pay us? Send guido back en time a bit, and slash zhe punk.

Seriously though, I could add a maximum speed, maybe 1/4 BAB*movement speed?

Knitifine
2017-11-10, 03:28 PM
I feel like instead of a maximum speed you should just have it allow the fighter to move 5 - 10 ft. instead of granting a move action.

Westhart
2017-11-10, 10:25 PM
I feel like instead of a maximum speed you should just have it allow the fighter to move 5 - 10 ft. instead of granting a move action.

I don;t feel that it needs it honestly, and even then with enough hits you still have the possible breakage of the sound barrier :smalltongue:

Knitifine
2017-11-10, 10:56 PM
I don;t feel that it needs it honestly, and even then with enough hits you still have the possible breakage of the sound barrier :smalltongue:While that's true, keeping it to a shorter move helps maintain verisimilitude. A fighter destroying a small group of mooks? Sounds fight, proper heroic fantasy. A fighter dashing across a 300 ft bridge, killing everyone in his path in 6 seconds? That's like later season power rangers.

Westhart
2017-11-10, 11:24 PM
While that's true, keeping it to a shorter move helps maintain verisimilitude. A fighter destroying a small group of mooks? Sounds fight, proper heroic fantasy. A fighter dashing across a 300 ft bridge, killing everyone in his path in 6 seconds? That's like later season power rangers.

Fair enough then, I'll add the ability to take a 5' step with it instead of a charge.