PDA

View Full Version : I feel sick! I overindulged....

dogmac
2007-08-20, 05:33 AM

on carrots.

Yes, I ate too many carrots.

I bought a bag at lunch, then felt guilty about crunching them at my desk, so brought them home with me,but then, of course, I got stuck in traffic. With an open bag of washed baby carrots next to me. At dinner time.

What kind of sick person overindulges on carrots????

(edited to add)

Sigh... I have a new block of good quality chocolate too, and can't fit any of it in, all because of those carrots. I feel this is some kind of sicko irony.

Miklus
2007-08-20, 06:20 AM
The worst is still to come....never eat raw carrots. Ever.

Exachix
2007-08-20, 06:44 AM
Why not Miklus?

We Live and Learn dogmac, =S.

Serpentine
2007-08-20, 06:48 AM
TOO MUCH INFORMATION TIEM!
When my mum was pregnant with my sister she craved carrots. I'm told she ate so much "her (poo) went orange".
Also I have a friend who will go for long stretches of time eating only carrots for dinner. Wait, I don't have to say "my friend", it's Conrad Poohs!
Nothin' wrong with carrots, though. Good healthy dinner for you :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-08-20, 06:50 AM
Yum, carrots! I love carrots. Unless I'm really hungry, because carrots make it worse.

Pyro
2007-08-20, 06:54 AM
TOO MUCH INFORMATION TIEM!
When my mum was pregnant with my sister she craved carrots. I'm told she ate so much "her (poo) went orange".
Also I have a friend who will go for long stretches of time eating only carrots for dinner. Wait, I don't have to say "my friend", it's Conrad Poohs!
Nothin' wrong with carrots, though. Good healthy dinner for you :smallbiggrin:

WHY SERPENTINE!? WHYYYYYYY!?

I'll be scarred forvever....

Serpentine
2007-08-20, 06:56 AM
I did warn you...

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-20, 07:13 AM
I like potatoes better!

Dihan
2007-08-20, 07:19 AM
I prefer green beans myself.

Dorizzit
2007-08-20, 07:23 AM
My grandfather, who had skin cancer, upon hearing that carrots would aid his affliction, proceeded to eat so many that his skin turned, I kid you not, orange.

Swedish chef
2007-08-20, 07:24 AM
Raw veggies and fruits for snacks are excellent and yummie. So you ate a bag of carrots. No biggie. It could have been the same amount of candy. That would have been worse. Now you got a lot of vitamines in you and the block of chocolate will be there tomorrow..... or will it?

banjo1985
2007-08-20, 07:35 AM
Over indulgence....on carrots?!

*shudder*

Magioth
2007-08-20, 08:12 AM
I like potatoes better!

raw potatoe :smalleek: you are weird. :smallsmile:

I like raw carrot but only when there is nothing to eat, and the fruit is gone, and basically everything else...

cooked sweetcorn ftw.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-20, 08:16 AM
A bag of carrots is an overindulgence? Pfftt. Done that many a time. Thats standard snack food.

Me, I eat cherry tomatoes by the handfuls. Love them things. Especially with sandwiches. Ooooh yeah.

Also a cauliflower and broccoli fan. Just snack on the whole head.

Dragonrider
2007-08-20, 12:17 PM
:smalltongue: I LIVE on raw veggies. Though I admit, a whole bag in one sitting is rather a lot.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-20, 12:27 PM
... You ate an entire bag of carrots? An entire bag? I realize people eat surprising amounts when they aren't focusing on eating, but that's... that's a lot of carrots. On the bright side, you'll have very good night vision for a while now.

And yes, it's unbelievably ironic that you ate so many carrots that you don't have room for chocolate. I'd laugh at that if I didn't empathize with you; I have a habit of saving the best food at meals for last (a habit which I started when I was younger and growing faster, and always ate everything available), and sometimes I realize that I've had plenty of salad, and now have no room for steak.

DraPrime
2007-08-20, 01:32 PM
I did warn you...

Not enough Serpentine. Not enough.

I didn't think it was possible to overindulge with carrots.

Mad Scientist
2007-08-20, 02:33 PM
My grandfather, who had skin cancer, upon hearing that carrots would aid his affliction, proceeded to eat so many that his skin turned, I kid you not, orange.

Ha ha!! My mom did the same thing to my sister and I when we were babies. Apparently the only vegis we wouldn't spit out were mashed carrots and sweet potatoes. She turned us orange! The pictures are quite funny. She thought it looked like we had "cute baby tans."

Pwenet
2007-08-20, 03:48 PM
I used to eat bowlfuls of carrots while writing and working on things.

I still like them, however with my weight loss and smaller appetite, I haven't indulged on them as much.

Still, there are much worse things to overindulge in in my humble opinion.

Dragonrider
2007-08-20, 03:54 PM
I lost about 20 lbs this spring and I've found that baby carrots are a great thing to eat if I DO care to snack. I've ended up switching out most of the breads in my diet for vegetables anyway, not through any intent as much as what I feel like eating. It's weird to "accidentally" lose that much weight. :smalltongue:

Miklus
2007-08-20, 06:52 PM
Why not Miklus?

We Live and Learn dogmac, =S.

Raw carrots can have a horrible affect on the stomach...There's bacteria in that dirt.

dogmac
2007-08-20, 06:56 PM
I should point out that I didn't actually eat the ENTIRE bag of carrots.

I kept some for my dogs

(What? My dogs LOVE baby carrots)

I am back to normal today, and not an orange tint yet :smallannoyed: (I'm not annoyed, but it seemed apt)

wadledo
2007-08-20, 07:15 PM
If were talking about food I have a really funny (and kind of gross) story to tell:

We keep chickens where I live and I get the eggs from the coop every day, and one morning I slept late, to find that there was nothing to eat in the house, and I was the only one there.

So, in my before tea and breakfast sate, I concluded that I needed to get the eggs. When I got out there, my brain realized how hungry I was, and (after washing them off) tried to eat one of the eggs (remember I was more than half asleep at the moment). When I had the egg in my mouth and was about to bite, one of the chickens flew up on my hat and started clucking.
With a chicken in my hat I drifted back to the kitchen, where my new
favorite fowl found, in an overlooked drawer, 4 or 5 carrots.

When my mum got back from the store 20 minutes latter, she found me, a chicken, and a pile of carrot stubs siting contently at the kitchen table.

True story. :smallsmile:

Jack Squat
2007-08-20, 07:18 PM
Raw carrots can have a horrible affect on the stomach...There's bacteria in that dirt.

umm...she did say they were washed.

Dib
2007-08-20, 07:22 PM
Wadledo is owner of one of the best stories ever!

If you add more detail and stuff you could be one of those 15 minute stand ups...

_________

As for Carrots... I used to eat a large one every night before bed... and aren't they supposd to turn you yellow rather then orange? and Tomatoes turn you red? Or is that just made up for Scrubs?

wadledo
2007-08-20, 07:37 PM
Thank you!
Thank you!
You've been a wonderful audience! Remember to tip(over) your waitress.

Another thing: I forgot to add that this happened 4 years ago, and in that time all the chickens stopped laying, so we had to get more and sent the others to the butchers. :frown:

But good news: the chicken that saved me from trying to eat raw egg? we saved her, and shes actually sitting right next to me (she likes watching me work on the computer)... no, wait, she just wandered away. well you get the point.

Moral of that story?
Make sure to save your chickens after they've hatched. :smallbiggrin:

Zaggab
2007-08-21, 04:24 AM
Oh no!

A bag of carrots! Now you will get vit A overdose and die!

From wikpedia:

As vitamin A is fat-soluble, disposing of any excesses taken in through diet is a lot harder than with water-soluble vitamins B and C. As such, vitamin A toxicity can result. This can lead to nausea, jaundice, irritability, anorexia (not to be confused with anorexia nervosa, the eating disorder), vomiting, blurry vision, headaches, muscle and abdominal pain and weakness, drowsiness and altered mentality.
In chronic cases, hair loss, drying of the mucous membranes, fever, insomnia, fatigue, weight loss, bone fractures, anemia, and diarrhea can all be evident on top of the symptoms associated with less serious toxicity.

Serpentine
2007-08-21, 06:00 AM
...and on your hands, and in your mouth, and on your food, and on your toothbrush and... Seriously. A few germs are good for you. I'd be more worried about the fungicide, insecticide and preservative chemicals on them. On the other hand... meh. I peel them with my teeth if I'm having a whole one, generally straight from the bag.

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-21, 06:08 AM
raw potatoe :smalleek: you are weird. :smallsmile:

I like raw carrot but only when there is nothing to eat, and the fruit is gone, and basically everything else...

cooked sweetcorn ftw. Not raw potatoes...