PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fishing [Feat, PEACH]

littlechicory
2007-08-21, 12:06 PM
A rural or savage feat for rural or savage characters. I rather obviously intended this for my halfling druid Swamp Critter Molly, but made it more accessible to other characters-- monstrous humanoids, rednecks, etc.

Noodler [General]
You follow the daredevil fishing tradition known as noodling, in which you stick your bare arm into a hole and hope something bites.
Prerequisites: Constitution 13+ and Swim 8 ranks. For flavor, character should probably be from a rural or unsettled area or a primitive race, and as always, the DM's word is final.
Benefits: You may add your Fortitude save bonus to Survival/Profession (fisherman)/Knowledge (nature) checks to catch fish. To use this, you have to make a DC 20 Swim check in a nearby body of water.
Normal: Survival checks are performed normally.
Special: Noodling incurs a 20% chance you take 1d2 damage and 1d4 subdual from being bitten by the catch of the day. In addition, there's a 10% chance you get attacked by aquatic creatures. Noodling is a high-risk, high-profit sport.

EDIT: I'm finding no rules for fishing. :smalleek: So...
DC 20: Tiny catfish/marine fish as appropriate, feeds a party of four Small/Medium characters for one day.
DC 30: Small catfish/marine fish as appropriate, feeds a party of four Small/Medium characters for one week.
DC 40: Medium catfish/marine fish as appropriate, feeds a party of four Small/Medium characters for two-three weeks (DM fiat).

That work? :smallredface:

Kiren
2007-08-21, 12:20 PM
A rural or savage feat for rural or savage characters. I rather obviously intended this for my halfling druid Swamp Critter Molly, but made it more accessible to other characters-- monstrous humanoids, rednecks, etc.

Noodler [General]
You follow the daredevil fishing tradition known as noodling, in which you stick your bare arm into a hole and hope something bites.
Prerequisites: Constitution 13+ and Swim 8 ranks. For flavor, character should probably be from a rural or unsettled area or a primitive race, and as always, the DM's word is final.
Benefits: You may add your Fortitude save bonus to Survival/Profession (fisherman)/Knowledge (nature) checks to catch fish. To use this, you have to make a DC 20 Swim check in a nearby body of water.
Normal: Survival checks are performed normally.
Special: Noodling incurs a 20% you take 1d2 damage and 1d4 subdual from being bitten by the catch of the day. In addition, there's a 10% chance you get attacked by aquatic creatures. Noodling is a high-risk, high-profit sport.

What do you catch?

Eighth_Seraph
2007-08-21, 12:52 PM
I assume that's decided by the Profession (Fisherman) result, which I'm sure there's rules for somewhere.

littlechicory
2007-08-21, 01:09 PM
Traditionally, noodling is done for catfish. I suppose in marine settings you'd catch something else, though.

EDIT: Changed the first post to account for the "catch of the day".

F.H. Zebedee
2007-08-21, 01:20 PM
At epic, you noodle for Krakens.

littlechicory
2007-08-21, 02:22 PM
At epic, you noodle for Krakens.

Thank you for the mental image. :smalltongue:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Yui_hime/epicnoodling.jpg