PDA

View Full Version : 5e Otherworldly planetouched rules

Great cthulhu
2017-12-20, 12:50 PM
Previously, I had a thread about trading off my tiefling's fire resistance for an attack ability. After i realized this ability should be character specific, I decided to do what my Peers recommended and make the ability specific to my character. Nevertheless, i have decided to make custom rules for otherworldly planetouched

Otherworldly traits
Ability score increase: your intelligence increases by two, and your charisma increases by 1
Age: Otherworldlys reach maturity around the same time as humans, but it is unknown how long they live
Alignment: Most otherworldlys are chaotic, and many of them are evil. Almost none of them are good
Size: Since all otherowldly's mutations are different, there is no average otherworldly size. Your size is medium
Speed: your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision: One of the fist primary mutations an otherworldly being is gifted with is darkvision
Mouth tentacles: By the age of 10, most otherworldlys learn how to retract mouth tentacles from their throat. These tentacles deal 1d8 damage to a person within 5 feet of them, and the target is grappled. The target must make an intelligence saving throw against your intelligence, or continue to be grappled, while taking additional damage from the attack The damage goes up to 2d8 at 5th level, 3d8 at 8th level, and 4d8 at 12th level
languages: you know how to read and write all languages, as well as have telepathy 30ft, But every time you finish speaking a language other than common, deep speech, and your telepathy ability, you must make a dc15 intelligence saving throw or take 1d4 psychic damage for every sentence you made, representing your brain spasm as it cant comprehend the intelligence you hold.

Mutations: When an otherworldly is born, it looks almost completely human. When an otherworldly is over the age of 80, it can no longer be described as human. Starting at 1rst level, choose on the otherworldly table 3 times. But you cannot choose #9 or 10. Roll once every time you level up.

d10

1-3 extra tentacle, you can choose where this small appendage goes on your body, and you can control it as well. You can keep this ability when you roll it regardless of how many tentacles you already have.
4. extra eyes: you can grow up to seven eyes wherever you want on your body, preferably the head.
5: Horns: you grow d8 horns wherever you want on your head.
6. Extra arm: this arm violently erupts from your upper shoulder, and can function as an extra appendage. You must however, train during long rests to gain the hang of using it.
7-8. Extra mouth: you choose where this mouth appears on your body, it can ingest substances, and also can apply a +1 to hit 1d4 damage attack with the ability.
9. enlarged size: this mutation appears to install a strange tumor in the pituitary gland, causing you to grow rapidly. At the end of three extended rests, your size is large. After 8 levels, your size is huge.
10. wings: you grow large wings, allowing you to fly 60 feet.

I'm obviously not finished, but i need suggestions on how to expand on this