PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Possible Barbarian vs. Magic fix

demonslayerelf
2017-12-24, 05:24 PM
So, it won't surprise anybody(I hope) that barbarians don't have much of a recourse against magic.
Monks and Paladins get good saving throws, casters themselves are pretty good against magical things(Usually), even fighters can reroll a few saving throws.

But barbarians get nothing. So here is my proposal;

Barbarians add their Rage bonus to their saving throws, because their anger grants them both mental and physical resilience.

Thoughts?

Lalliman
2017-12-25, 02:03 AM
I don't think this is a fix, it's a buff that the class doesn't need. Barbarian is already really good, and its vulnerable mental saves is one of the very few weaknesses that keep it from being the uncontested king of martials. I think it's best left that way.

It should also be mentioned that the berserker already has a feature of similar flavour to this.

GalacticAxekick
2017-12-25, 04:03 AM
The three most common saves in 5e are Dex, Con and Wisdom. Every class gets one if these plus one of the three uncommon saves, and so all classes in 5e have fairly good saves.

The Barbarian in particular gets Danger Sense, which gives them Advantage on Dex saves. Combined with strong incentives to pump Str, Dex and Con, the Barbarian comes out with three great saves, two of which will come up often. It's above average. Why buff it?