PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Orim's Mending - Unlimited healing out of combat [3.5 Incantation]

gooddragon1
2018-01-04, 07:55 AM
Orim's Mending
Conjuration (Healing)
Effective Level: 1st
Skill Check: Knowledge (Religion) DC 10, 3 successes
Failure: Target takes 1d4 points of damage (0 successes), Target takes 1d4 points of nonlethal damage (1 success)
Components: V, S, DF, B
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Yes (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This simple, yet lengthy, incantation is commonly used by healers in temples to mend the wounds of those who are not in danger of death where more rapidly dispensed healing would be necessary.

If completely successful, this incantation will immediately restore 2d4 lost hit points to a creature. If at least 2 of the checks are successful it will immediately restore 1d4 lost hit points to a creature instead.

Failure: 0 successes—the target immediately takes 1d4 points of damage; 1 success—the target immediately takes 1d4 points of nonlethal damage.

Divine Focus Component: A silver holy symbol.

Backlash: The caster must succeed on a DC 10 Will save or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage.

===

For use by DM's who want their players to have unlimited out of combat healing without dipping into other classes and at low levels.

Someone else made 6 incantations for raising the dead, I figured this could be useful too.

OttoVonBigby
2018-01-04, 07:19 PM
Always nice to see more love given to invocations incantations, thanks!

rferries
2018-01-04, 07:42 PM
I like it - something to give your players so they don't have to roleplay downtime at an inn etc. :)

Will you do incantations for Hanna, Ertai, etc.?

gooddragon1
2018-01-04, 09:46 PM
I like it - something to give your players so they don't have to roleplay downtime at an inn etc. :)

Will you do incantations for Hanna, Ertai, etc.?

I don't know very much about them, but good knowledge (magic) check result. I'll see, but it would probably be a much more complicated endeavor.

Goaty14
2018-01-05, 01:44 PM
Incantation, not invocation. Invocations are for warlocks, and I was scratching my head for a while on how a warlock could use this...

I don't know very much about them, but good knowledge (magic) check result. I'll see, but it would probably be a much more complicated endeavor.

There is no Knowledge (magic). There is Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (Religon) for Arcane/Divine magic, respectively.

gooddragon1
2018-01-05, 02:31 PM
Incantation, not invocation. Invocations are for warlocks, and I was scratching my head for a while on how a warlock could use this...

There is no Knowledge (magic). There is Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (Religon) for Arcane/Divine magic, respectively.

Fixed, but the second issue is working as intended ;)