PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Arcane Armorer Artificer Archetype [PEACH]

Llama513
2018-01-08, 01:48 PM
This is based on the new UA that came out today, I was looking at the School of Invention Wizard and thought, this would make a really cool artificer archetype.

As an artificer, you don't need tools of the inventor you already get that, so it can be removed.

Arcanomechanical Armor remains basically the same, my thought is to give them proficiency with Heavy Armor and allow them to turn any armor into their Arcanomechanical Armor, this would be gained at level 1. At later levels possbily adding bonus to the armor, such as a higher AC, or a boost to one of your physical stats or something like that not sure fully yet.

You would also gain Reckless Casting, unchanged at level 3.

You would get Alchemical Casting at 9th level.

You would get Prodigious Inspiration at 14th level. Or at least something like it since Artificers are known and not prepared for their spells

You would get Controlled Chaos at 17th level.

demonslayerelf
2018-01-09, 12:15 PM
I mean, you're basically just changing the levels in which another subclass works and applying it to another class. There's very little room for error.

That said, #ShamelessPlugAgain, I made a more in depth version of the "Arcane Armor Artificer" more in line with the other UA artificer subclasses a while back. Ye might like it, it's in my Sig.