PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-24, 08:44 AM
Alright, so it's been nearly forever since I was friends with 8 year old girls.:smallbiggrin: No, not in the creepy way.

Anyways, I'm attending my cousin/godsister's daughter's birthday tomorrow.

So, I figure, a Winx Club bedsheet should be appropriate right?

Any advice?

Yes, I have bought paper(hopefully enough to wrap it in), and ribbon. I think I remember how to curl ribbons.:smallsmile:

Kaelaroth
2007-08-24, 08:46 AM
If she likes that kind of thing, why not? I mean, as a god-parent, you know what she likes right? :smallwink:

Yiel
2007-08-24, 09:06 AM
Most eight year old girls are concerned with a few simple things at their birthday parties:

1. Their clothes.
2. Cake.
3. How pretty the presents look.
4. Cake.

I've babysat for years and this really seems to be the be all and end all. Wrap the pressie with lots of bows and treat her like a princess.

AtomicKitKat? Can you mail me some cake?

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-24, 09:15 AM
I'm not a god-parent. My dad is her mum's god-father.

I could mail you some cake, but unless it's one of those solid sugar things, I suspect it would be rotten by the time you got it. You can has... cat! With pony! (http://bridlepath.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/ihasahorse.gif)

Yiel
2007-08-24, 09:16 AM
I'm not a god-parent. My dad is her mum's god-father.

I could mail you some cake, but unless it's one of those solid sugar things, I suspect it would be rotten by the time you got it. You can has... cat! With pony! (http://bridlepath.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/ihasahorse.gif)

Ooooh kitty and pony!!! :smallbiggrin:

Kitya
2007-08-24, 10:48 AM
My nieces are either already older, or still younger than 8, but if I recall, I gave the eldest "fake" makeup for her birthday when she was 8. Things like tinted lip balm.. not lipstick... or better yet, the flavoured stuff. umm.. with the mom's permission, the body glitter that's so popular for some odd reason... can even get it in a rollon tube. *laffs* there's even "little girl eyeshadow" and stuff. If she's a girly girl she'd love that stuff too. Altho if Winx is what's IN where you are, definitely get that. I think Bratz are what's popular here right now... not totally sure since the eldest niece is 12 and is a bookworm, and the others still think Dora the Explorer is god. :smallwink: Makes gift buying soooo easy! Just ask mom what Dora stuff they DON'T have yet. Altho I made a slam dunk with the youngest niece this year. She turned 1 in Feb, and I got her one of those Glowbears. Pure white teddy bear, or puppy dog, press the button on his paw and his head, and part of his body, start glowing... and the colours change colour!!!! it goes on like this for 30 min before turning itself off. When I was a kid, we had the Glowworm... this thing is WAY cooler. Apparently she never sleeps without the thing now. *grin* I even got one for my kidlet, who's under a year, and shes the same way. will not sleep without it.

Goodluck to ya!

The Valiant Turtle
2007-08-24, 11:22 AM
That sounds like an excellent present Kitya, my little one turns 2 next month, I may have to recommend it as a possible present. On the other hand, I don't think I've seen them anywhere (and I generally try to keep up with these things now).

bosssmiley
2007-08-24, 12:07 PM
Anything lurid pink will be win. Eight year old girls are delightfully uncomplicated in that respect.

Tom_Violence
2007-08-24, 12:23 PM
I'll get back to you on this one. :smallwink:

Gaelbert
2007-08-24, 01:19 PM
My sister loves High School Musical stuff, and it seems like most people her age do as well.

Scorpina
2007-08-25, 01:50 PM
Most eight year old girls are concerned with a few simple things at their birthday parties:

1. Their clothes.
2. Cake.
4. Cake.

I've babysat for years and this really seems to be the be all and end all. Wrap the pressie with lots of bows and treat her like a princess.

AtomicKitKat? Can you mail me some cake?

Unless she's not a girly girl, that's dead right. If she's anything like was at that age, it's all cake and violence.

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-25, 10:59 PM
Kind of irrelevant anyways. I brought it there(wrapped and bagged, naturally), passed it to the mother, and it wasn't opened in my presence.:smalltongue:

Zephra
2007-08-27, 09:58 AM

1. Their clothes.
2. Cake.
4. Cake.

hmmm...
please add
5. My Little Pony (urgh!)
6. Cake.

Anything lurid pink will be win. Eight year old girls are delightfully uncomplicated in that respect.

heh heh.
when I was, I don't know, 5 or 6, I got princess silver dress barbie for christmass, where my two brothers got cool batman toys. I was about as jealous as people get, but my feelings were sated when, the next morning, I took barbie to the cement block in the backyard, and smashed her with a large rock. I then proceeded to take her apart (the rest of her) limb by limb. So not all girls like things like pink ponys, but unless you know better, it's a safe bet. I was (still am) just 'a little abnormal'

Scorpina
2007-08-27, 10:16 AM
when I was, I don't know, 5 or 6, I got princess silver dress barbie for christmass, where my two brothers got cool batman toys. I was about as jealous as people get, but my feelings were sated when, the next morning, I took barbie to the cement block in the backyard, and smashed her with a large rock. I then proceeded to take her apart (the rest of her) limb by limb. So not all girls like things like pink ponys, but unless you know better, it's a safe bet. I was (still am) just 'a little abnormal'

Hehe, if you were so was I.

Batman > Barbie, clearly.:smallbiggrin: