PDA

View Full Version : Offline D&D XP Calculator?

Tyger
2007-08-24, 12:26 PM
The SRD has a great XP calculator where you just put in the number of monsters / traps, their CR, and the number of and ECL of the party members, and it spits out the XP awards.

Does anyone know if something similar is available offline? Or is this just the excuse I've been looking for to actually learn how to use Excel? :smalleek:

Jasdoif
2007-08-24, 12:29 PM
You mean this one (http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tools/d20encountercalculator.htm), linked on d20srd.org?

It's JavaScript based, a browser should be able to save the complete page (with all the various files) to your hard drive, and you can run it there. It's working for me....

Tyger
2007-08-24, 01:02 PM
That will work offline!??!?? Sweet! That is exactly what I wanted, as its the one that I had directed our DM to, but he's frequently not connected to the internet. Offline access is essential.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-24, 08:31 PM
Nit: The SRD provides no tools whatsoever for calculating XP awards. Some sites hosting the SRD, however, do.

I just use Page 38 of my DMG. :smalltongue:

martyboy74
2007-08-24, 08:56 PM

But that requires one to do things like addition! And multiplication! And division! And not mindless typing in of numbers! :smallwink:

Tyger
2007-08-24, 09:51 PM
Nit: The SRD provides no tools whatsoever for calculating XP awards. Some sites hosting the SRD, however, do.

Pick: Our DM has admitted laziness is the reason that he gives universal XP, rather than based on the individual character's ECL, which has the effect of keeping the low level characters there indefinitely. Anything which makes it easier is a good thing.

But that requires one to do things like addition! And multiplication! And division! And not mindless typing in of numbers!

See above. And of course, no one (certainly not you) uses any tools to make math easier. Its fair to assume that everyone does all the math in their heads, without so much as a pencil and scrap of paper, let alone a calculator.

Douglas
2007-08-24, 10:02 PM
That will work offline!??!?? Sweet! That is exactly what I wanted, as its the one that I had directed our DM to, but he's frequently not connected to the internet. Offline access is essential.
Yep, just tested it. File->Save As->Web Page, Complete, got a single htm file on my desktop. Opening this saved file brought up the fully functional calculator page, even with my internet connection disabled.