PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sorcerer: Arcane Bloodline

clash
2018-01-29, 02:40 PM
So this is kind of based on the divine soul adding some wizardry goodness and some other stuff to the sorcerer. Please let me know if anything is op(in particular, master of Counterspells)

Arcane Bloodline
You are descendant from a great archmage, his line physically altered by his powerful magic.

1 Arcane Savant:
Your link to the arcane allows you to learn spells from the wizard class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you learn or replace a sorcerer cantrip or a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can choose the new spell from the wizard spell list or the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell, and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you.

1 Raw Magic:
You can shape raw magical energies into a potent force. As an action you may expend a spell slot and make a ranged spell attack at a target within 60ft of you. On a hit the target takes 4d6 force damage. If the spell slot expended is greater than 1st level, it deals an additional 2d6 damage per level of the spell above 1st.

6 Mastery of Counterspells
When you reach level 6, you learn Counterspell. This does not count against your spells known (if you already know Counterspell, choose another Sorcerer spell). You may cast Counterspell by expending 3 Sorcery Points instead of using a Spell Slot. When you cast Counterspell, if you must make a Charisma check to counter the spell, you may expend 1 or more Sorcery Points and add that number to your check.

14 Spellpower:
When you cast a spell or use your raw magic class feature you can expend sorcery points to increase it's potency. For each sorcery point you expend, you may treat the spell as if it were cast from a spell slot one higher than the one you expended. You can not use this ability to increase a spells potency higher than the level of spell slots that you can cast.

18 Magical Assault:
You can focus your energy to bombard spells at your target at a frightening rate. When you cast a spell with a casting time of 1 action, you may cast another spell of a lower level with a casting time of 1 action as a bonus action. Once you use this ability you cant use it again until you complete a long or short rest.

adolann
2018-02-01, 04:31 PM
I'd change the level 6 ability to be the level 14 ability, and have level 6 be something like:

6 Mastery of Counterspells
When you reach level 6, you learn Counterspell. This does not count against your spells known (if you already know Counterspell, choose another Sorcerer spell). You may cast Counterspell by expending 3 Sorcery Points instead of using a Spell Slot. When you cast Counterspell, if you must make a Charisma check to counter the spell, you may expend 1 or more Sorcery Points and add that number to your check.

clash
2018-02-01, 06:09 PM
I was actually initially going to do it that way and changed things around last minute. I Will change it back and see how it looks