PDA

View Full Version : From a conceptual standpoint what would everybody think of....

psycojester
2007-08-27, 06:40 AM
A strategy or PnP game set in the 21st century post-zombie apocalypse ruled by powerful voodoo warlords whom command vast zombie hordes. These warlords would be fighting amongst each other in order to expand their human herds and resources, and in doing so increase the rate at which they can add fresh zombies to their horde.

The various warlords would primarily inhabit the rural regions because the cities have been overrun by the the modern fast moving zombies which cannot be controlled.

So anybody thing this concept is worth thinking about in more detail any and all criticisms welcomed?

Tormsskull
2007-08-27, 06:55 AM
So anybody thing this concept is worth thinking about in more detail any and all criticisms welcomed?

Well, anything with zombies is cool IMO. It would be interesting seeing someone command slow zombies to fight against fast zombies. Would the zombies fight one another though? And who would the players be?

If you did this as a PnP, I would think you would want to flesh it out a lot more. If you wanted to do it as like a board game type deal, then you could draw up a map and place bonuses in certain sectors (like maybe one part of the map contains trapped humans, and if you find them you can add them to your herd).

Then the players would each be a voodoo guy trying to aquire a certain amount of humans/something else in order to win. The map could be colored to show the relative danger of each sector. The rural (outside edges of map) could be yellow for minor danger, roll a d6 and on a 1 you encounter a fast zombie. Inner sector (outskirts of the city) could be orange, roll a d6 and on a 1 or 2 you encounter a fast zombie. Then the Inner city could be red, roll a d6 on a 1 you encounter something really powerful (or just 2 fast zombies), 2 or 3 you encounter a fast zombie.

Most of the goodies would be near the middle. So you could go through the middle, face tougher monsters, but get your herd up faster. Or you could skate around the edges in relative safety but take longer to get the herds.

It could work.

AKA_Bait
2007-08-28, 03:36 PM
A strategy or PnP game set in the 21st century post-zombie apocalypse ruled by powerful voodoo warlords whom command vast zombie hordes. These warlords would be fighting amongst each other in order to expand their human herds and resources, and in doing so increase the rate at which they can add fresh zombies to their horde.

The various warlords would primarily inhabit the rural regions because the cities have been overrun by the the modern fast moving zombies which cannot be controlled.

So... is this a little bit like Risk with Zombies?

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-29, 08:47 PM
Interesting idea, though I'm a bit wary of the "Voodoo" aspect. It is a legitimate religion and all. There's a lot more to it than dolls and zombies.

Generic Necromancers work too :P

Although, it might be interesting if each Warlord was a different sort of magician.

Satyr
2007-08-30, 05:13 PM
There is a scenario exactly like this in the All Flesh Must Be Eaten Corebook called "Dawn of the Zombie Lords". If I ever try to describe this scenario, I could just copy and paste your initial description.
I have played more then once in a Post-Necrocalypse Scenario, and this is probably the best system for it, I think.