PDA

View Full Version : Super Advantage: What's the best you can do?

Thrasher92
2018-02-09, 09:40 AM
If Advantage stacked, what is the largest number of d20s that you could get on one roll?

LeonBH
2018-02-09, 10:45 AM
You can already get mega advantage without letting advantage stack.

Advantage + Halfling Luck + Elven Accuracy + Luck feat = 4d20, reroll a 1.

But you can refer to this Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/29xk0j/5e_summary_of_situations_causing_advantage_or/) which summarizes the circumstances which cause Advantage/Disadvantage (at the time it was written, at least).

As a small example, if advantage stacked, you can stack blindness, being hidden, Faerie Fire, DM inspiration, and receiving the Help action. That means 5d20.

MrStabby
2018-02-09, 10:46 AM
You can already get mega advantage without letting advantage stack.

But you can refer to this Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/29xk0j/5e_summary_of_situations_causing_advantage_or/) which summarizes the circumstances which cause Advantage/Disadvantage (at the time it was written, at least).

As a small example, if advantage stacked, you can stack blindness, being hidden, Faerie Fire, DM inspiration, and receiving the Help action. That means 5d20.

Add all the conditions you like as well: prone, poisoned, restrained, incapacitated...

Unoriginal
2018-02-09, 10:48 AM

Ah, yes. After the High Elf, the Dark Elf and the Wood Elf, the terrifying Halfling Elf.

Arvin Natsuko
2018-02-09, 10:49 AM
Except you can't be a Halfling and a Elf, but I got your point. You still can throw 4d20.

LeonBH
2018-02-09, 10:52 AM
Ah, yes. After the High Elf, the Dark Elf and the Wood Elf, the terrifying Halfling Elf.

Woops, forgot you can only take Elven Accuracy as an Elf. Hehe.

Finlam
2018-02-09, 11:37 AM
I have always wondered why there are no half-ling/half-elves.

I mean, I get the no half-dwarf/half-elves... Elves, clearly, are not into beards.

But Halflings? I mean c'mon. Elves need to be a little less judgmental about height.

Lombra
2018-02-09, 12:48 PM
Opponent: blind, prone, faerie fire, paralyzed, surprised (combines with assassinate), stunned, unconcious, restrained
Character: reckless attack, hidden (you don't get advantage because you are hidden, but because you are unseen, covered by the blind condition), flanking, assassinate (combines with surprise), elven accuracy, lucky, tenser's transformation, somebody helping

15 on a melee attack

That's what I can think of now.

solidork
2018-02-09, 02:53 PM
Help would stack with itself right? We're gonna need a lot of pixie mastermind rogues...