PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Noble of Dysnie, Villain of Dysnie (bard feats)

rferries
2018-03-12, 09:50 PM
For heroines and wicked spellcasters from Dysnie, the fabled kingdom of magic and song.

Noble of Dysnie
Your innocence and purity make you a friend to all living things.

Prerequisites
Bard level 1st, Knowledge (nature) 4 ranks, Wis 12, good alignment.

Benefits
You gain the wild empathy class feature. Your effective druid level is equal to your bard level.

You may use speak with animals at will as a spell-like ability.

Add fairy godmother1 as a 6th-level spell to your bard spells known (assuming you can cast spells of that level). It does not count towards your spells known.
1As miracle, save that you may only cast it to benefit another creature. If you would benefit (even indirectly), the spell fails.

Special
Your bard class alignment restrictions become "any good" rather than "nonlawful".

Villain of Dysnie
You are a practitioner of the black arts.

Prerequisites
Bard level 1st, Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks, Int 12, evil alignment.

Benefits
You gain the summon familiar class feature. Your effective wizard level is equal to your bard level.

Add the following spells to your bard class spell list (not spells known) at the indicated levels.

Spell Level
Spell

1st

black magic bargain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525121-Black-Magic-Bargain-(spell))

2nd

poison

3rd

bestow curse

4th

wall of thorns

5th

magic mirror2

6th

binding3, shapechange

2As scrying, save that you may choose to gain the benefits of divination rather than the normal effect.
3Slumber version only.

Special
Your bard class alignment restrictions become "any evil" rather than "nonlawful".

noob
2018-03-15, 05:46 PM
So basically fairy godmother nearly never works.
example of simple use case: I make a wish from wich X benefits.
if X or anyone who likes X can find I did this(for example by investigating with some wizardry) I would almost definitively improve in the opinion of that person and so it would benefit me.
So I can cast that spell only in the case I have a 100% reliable way of being completely untraceable.(which would need mind blank and other similar procedures as well as a lot of stealthiness and being completely unpredictable)
Then since I am good if I help someone good then I help the cause of good which benefits me indirectly too so I can not use that on any good aligned creatures.(nor on any creature that is likely to become good soon or likely to help other people)

rferries
2018-03-15, 07:07 PM
So basically fairy godmother nearly never works.
example of simple use case: I make a wish from wich X benefits.
if X or anyone who likes X can find I did this(for example by investigating with some wizardry) I would almost definitively improve in the opinion of that person and so it would benefit me.
So I can cast that spell only in the case I have a 100% reliable way of being completely untraceable.(which would need mind blank and other similar procedures as well as a lot of stealthiness and being completely unpredictable)
Then since I am good if I help someone good then I help the cause of good which benefits me indirectly too so I can not use that on any good aligned creatures.(nor on any creature that is likely to become good soon or likely to help other people)

Yep! You're meant to use it only to help commoners get to the ball (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella) on time, then never interact with them again. It's a fluff feature.

noob
2018-03-16, 02:50 AM
Yep! You're meant to use it only to help commoners get to the ball (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella) on time, then never interact with them again. It's a fluff feature.

Making the target get to the ball would almost definitively benefit me since I wanted the target to be happy so the wish helped me in that task.
So making the target get to the ball would be a wrong use of that power unless it results in bad things for the target or if I really dislike the target and that I am unhappy the target is happy to be married.
So I would need to consider helping the target is not a good thing.(for example help someone to kill me)

rferries
2018-03-16, 03:30 AM
Making the target get to the ball would almost definitively benefit me since I wanted the target to be happy so the wish helped me in that task.
So making the target get to the ball would be a wrong use of that power unless it results in bad things for the target or if I really dislike the target and that I am unhappy the target is happy to be married.
So I would need to be utterly indifferent to what happens to the target and not consider helping the target is a good thing.

Ha! Fair point, however I intended for the ability to be interpreted as "If you materially benefit (even indirectly), the spell fails." I think the intent is clear but I can edit it if necessary.

noob
2018-03-16, 03:50 AM
Cool now I can use that feat to get a spell that can be used for helping people I do not hate.