PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Storm Herald: Cliff (PEACH)

Protato
2018-03-24, 09:46 PM
The Storm Herald is an interesting subclass but when building my Earth Genasi Barbarian, I noticed there was nothing for any sort of rocky land, and this quick-and-dirty homebrew seeks to change that. My main worry is it might be too good compared to the rest of Storm Herald, but even if so, Storm Herald is often regarded as weak compared to Ancestral Guardian or Zealot anyway.

Storm Aura
Cliff: When this effect is activated, all other creatures in your aura must make a Constitution saving throw as the ground shakes. On a failed save, the target takes 1d4 magical Bludgeoning damage and is knocked prone. This damage increases to 1d6 at 5th level, 1d8 at 10th level, 1d10 at 15th level, and 1d12 at 20th level. (Inflicting status conditions is powerful, and the damage scales, but it scales slowly and requires a common save.)

Storm Soul
Cliff: You gain resistance to acid damage, an extra five feet of speed when moving on rocky or tiled surfaces. You also gain a climbing speed equal to half of your regular movement speed, or add this to your climbing speed if you already have a climbing speed. (Acid is probably a rather poor resistance type but its not much compared to the movement speed bonuses.)

Raging Storm
Cliff: While your aura is active, before a creature takes damage, you may use your reaction to erect a stone wall and impose disadvantage on attack rolls. This feature may also be used to halve inflicted damage of a failed save. (While powerful, it eats a reaction and can only be applied to your allies. However, this feature might be too good as the base Barbarian has no reactions to compete with this feature.)