PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder to D&D?

LordDeath666
2018-04-02, 05:39 PM
How do I transfer a race from pathfinder to D&D. I made a race for pathfinder to play only to have my gm tell me she has changed her mind and we are going with D&D instead. I'm attached to the idea of this race so I'm looking to convert it

nikkoli
2018-04-02, 05:41 PM
What edition of d&d? If you are playing 3.5 it's all about the same and doesn't really need much conversion.

LordDeath666
2018-04-02, 05:43 PM
The gm hasn't let us know yet...

Goaty14
2018-04-02, 06:13 PM
What race are you converting?

LordDeath666
2018-04-03, 02:57 AM
Type : Plant (10)
Size : small (0)
- 1 Str
+1 Dex
+ 1 AC & Attack bonus
+ 4 stealth
Speed : Normal (0)
Ability score modifier : Flexible (2)
+ 2 Dex
+ 2 Con
Language : Standard (0)
Advanced Constitution (4)
+2 Con
Advanced Dex (4)
+2 Dex

And

Size : Medium (0)
Ability score modifier : flexible (2)
+ 2 Str
+ 2 Con
+2 Con
Advanced Strength (4)
+ 2 Str

She approved it. First one is for rouge and second is fighter or barbarian (what do you think would be better). We are making a plant race group.

LordDeath666
2018-04-03, 08:07 PM
Could I get help turning these pathfinder races Into playable d&d 3.5 races

rferries
2018-04-03, 08:59 PM
Size : tiny (4)
- 2 Str
+2 Dex
+ 2 AC & Attack bonus
+ 8 stealth
Ability score modifier : Flexible (2)
+ 2 Dex
+ 2 Con
Advanced Dex (4)
+2 Dex

And

Size : Medium (0)
Ability score modifier : flexible (2)
+ 2 Str
+ 2 Con
+2 Con
Advanced Strength (4)
+ 2 Str

She approved it. First one is for rouge and second is fighter or barbarian (what do you think would be better). We are making a plant race group.

Could I get help turning these pathfinder races Into playable d&d 3.5 races

Is everyone in the party getting the full strengths of the plant type? I can whip something up for you but the plant type gives a bunch of immunities, so if you're the only one with the full immunities (or the only one without them) there will be balance issues.

LordDeath666
2018-04-03, 09:14 PM
Everyone is getting them. Exept one who has his own half angle half demon semi-op race so our GM is allowing it. I also changed the two races up a bit with the GM's aproval

rferries
2018-04-03, 09:38 PM
Everyone is getting them. Exept one who has his own half angle half demon semi-op race so our GM is allowing it. I also changed the two races up a bit with the GM's aproval

Right, here's my quick take on them. In any normal game these would be LA+1 at minimum, but it's hard to judge their power level in your game.

LordDeathh666's "Shrub" Race
+4 Constitution, +4 Dexterity: Shrubs are extremely tough and just as agile.

Plant Type: Shrubs are plant creatures. They are immune to effects that specifically affect only humanoids e.g. charm person.

Small: Shrubs are Small creatures. They gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, +1 size bonus bonus on attack rolls, +4 size bonus on Hide checks, and a -4 size penalty on grapple checks. They have lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.

Low-Light Vision (Ex): Shrubs have low-light vision.

Plant Immunities (Ex): Shrubs have immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). They have immunity to poison, sleep effects (and do not need to sleep naturally), paralysis, polymorph, and stunning. They are not subject to critical hits.

Favoured Class: Rogue.

Languages: Shrubs begin play speaking Common. Bonus languages: Aquan, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan, Terran.

LordDeathh666's "Tree" Race
+4 Constitution, +4 Strength: Trees are extremely tough and just as mighty.

Plant Type: Trees are plant creatures. They are immune to effects that specifically affect only humanoids e.g. charm person.

Medium: Trees are Medium creatures, with no size bonuses or penalties.

Bonus Feat: Trees begin play with the bonus feat of their choice (for which they meet the prerequisites).

Low-Light Vision (Ex): Trees have low-light vision.

Plant Immunities (Ex): Trees have immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). They have immunity to poison, sleep effects (and do not need to sleep naturally), paralysis, polymorph, and stunning. They are not subject to critical hits.

Favoured Class: Barbarian.

Languages: Trees begin play speaking Common. Bonus languages: Aquan, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan, Terran.

LordDeath666
2018-04-03, 10:01 PM
Thank you for that

rferries
2018-04-04, 02:16 AM
Thank you for that

No problem! However I still worry that either it's going to be stronger or weaker than the rest of the party -did everyone basically make a race with the race builder, then get the plant type for free?

LordDeath666
2018-04-04, 03:32 AM
Ya we were given 10 rp (20 including plant) and was told to keep it relatively simple

LordDeath666
2018-04-04, 03:33 AM
We all decided if the demon/angle is to op we will hang up and kill him

LordDeath666
2018-04-04, 03:35 AM
Call me a noob but what does level ajustment mean

Arkhios
2018-04-04, 04:15 AM
Call me a noob but what does level ajustment mean

Level Adjustment is a term that determines whether a creature has an effective character level before actual class levels.

Level Adjustment stacks with your class levels, but it means that your class level is behind others by amount equal to your Level Adjustment.

So, let's say you have Level Adjustment +1 (as Aasimar and Tiefling have in 3.5) and you have 1 level of Paladin (any class works, just for this example I chose Paladin, because it's my favorite class in most editions, and a favored class for Aasimars).

You start at 1st level, like anyone else, but your effective character level is 2 (1 from Paladin and 1 from LA), so to advance from 1st Paladin level to 2nd Paladin level, you need experience points worth to advance to 3rd character level (3000 xp instead of 1000 xp which is enough to advance to 2nd character level).

Level Adjustment is added to creatures that are inherently more powerful than a "standard" character race. For example, standard character race has at most +2 in total to their ability scores. Human is an exception, but I suppose their extra skill ranks and extra feat at 1st level is somewhat equal to a +2 to an ability score.

PS. There's nothing wrong in being a "noob". In my honest opinion, people should grow up and stop tarring the term as if it was a shameful thing to be, because we all have been there once.

LordDeath666
2018-04-04, 08:18 PM
Thank you and I got called a noob in a couple of other threads I'm in.

rferries
2018-04-05, 12:05 AM
Thank you and I got called a noob in a couple of other threads I'm in.

That says more about that person than it does about you. At the end of the day DnD is only a hobby/game, anyone who takes it too seriously needs a breather.