PDA

View Full Version : Graphics question

LM TR
2007-09-04, 12:40 PM
when you zoom in in the comic you can see that around the black borders of the figures there are various grey pixel groupings? how do you create them? which software?

Spiryt
2007-09-04, 12:46 PM
Q: How do you make the OOTS strips?

A: I use Adobe Illustrator, a high-end vector-based graphics program. Believe it or not, creating those little stick figures require an expensive design program and years of experience. Illustrator gives me the smooth blocks of color and nice lines that I think add a lot to the OOTS look. Plus, it allows me to save a series of frequently-used poses, which cuts down my production time. (http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq3)

Here's quote from FAQ.
I'm completely green in graphic programs, but I think it's just some basic Adobe Il. effect.

factotum
2007-09-04, 01:54 PM
What you're talking about is called "anti-aliasing" and any halfway decent graphics package will do it. It's just a method of smoothing out the edges so that the fact the picture is made up of dots isn't so obvious.

LM TR
2007-09-04, 04:45 PM
I have Photoshop Elements - can it do this effect?

JasonDoomsblade
2007-09-04, 04:53 PM
I have Photoshop Elements - can it do this effect?

Prolly. Photoshop is better than Adobe.

yoshi927
2007-09-04, 05:26 PM
I have Photoshop Elements - can it do this effect?I can do it in PS 6.0, so you probably can. Actually, you can even do a semblance of it in MS Paint by stretch/skewing it.

LM TR
2007-09-04, 05:50 PM
I can do it in PS 6.0, so you probably can. Actually, you can even do a semblance of it in MS Paint by stretch/skewing it.

my elements was free :smallsmile:

you can do anything in paint painting pixel by pixel :smallwink:

factotum
2007-09-05, 02:04 AM
Prolly. Photoshop is better than Adobe.

Er...Photoshop *is* an Adobe product...and yes, Elements will do anti-aliasing; just try drawing a circle in it (which you'd have to do by using the Stroke command on an elliptical marquee) and you'll see the results.