PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Doomguy (Overly Powerful Class)

JNAProductions
2018-05-10, 10:17 PM
Note on the title: I have nothing against Doomladies. It just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Doomguy. Same with Doomperson.

HIT POINTS
Hit Dice: 2d12
Hit Points at 1st Level: 24+Con Score
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 2d12 (13)+Con Mod

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: All
Weapons: All
Tools: None

Saving Throws: Strength and Constitution
Skills: Any two physical skills

EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
-(a) Two combat knives, (b) two holdout pistols, or (c) one of each
-(a) A riot shield or (b) a sledgehammer
-(a) Mesh Jacket, (b) Flak Armor, or (c) Riot Armor
-4 Medkits
-1 Berserk Pack

Doomguy

Level
Proficiency Bonus
Features

1st
+2
I Don't Die, Archetype

2nd
+2
Fighting Style, Second Wind

3rd
+2
Weapon Specilization (Damage)

4th
+2
Ability Score Improvement

5th
+3
Extra Attack

6th
+3
Archetype Feature

7th
+3
I REALLY Don't Die

8th
+3

9th
+4
Weapon Specialization (Enhancement)

10th
+4
Archetype Feature

11th
+4
Extra Attack II

12th
+4

13th
+5
Death Hurts. I Hurt More

14th
+5
Archetype Feature

15th
+5
Weapon Specialization (Crits)

16th
+5

17th
+6
Extra Attack III

18th
+6
To Hell And Back

19th
+6

20th
+6
Archetype Feature, Weapon Master

I Don't Die-At level one, death... Eh, screw it. You need to fail six death saves to die, have advantage on death saves, and may continue to roll death saves even after stabilizing, if you want to try for a nat 20.

Archetype-At level one, choose to be a Marine or a Scout.

Fighting Style-At level two, gain any fighting style of your choice.

Second Wind-At level two, once per short rest, you may use a bonus action to regain a number of hit points equal to 1d10+your levels in Doomguy.

Weapon Specialization-At levels three, nine, and fifteen, you gain improvements with weapons you are proficient in. At level three, add your proficiency to damage rolls. At level nine, add half your proficiency to attack and damage rolls, as if it were a +X weapon. This does not stack with actual +X weapons. At level fifteen, your critical range expands by 2, usually to 18-20.

Ability Score Improvement-At the usual levels.

Extra Attack-At levels five, eleven, and seventeen, to a max of four.

I REALLY Don't Die-At level seven, you must fail nine death saves to die, and gain proficiency in death saves. If you roll 20 or higher, you regain one hit point.

Death Hurts. I Hurt More-At level thirteen, whenever something knocks you to 0 HP, you may immediately take a turn before dropping unconscious.

To Hell And Back-At level eighteen, you might be facing stuff powerful enough to finally make you dead. Luckily, you know how to claw your way out from hell itself. 1d10 hours after dying, your body comes back to life. Should your body be destroyed, you tear open a rift with your weapon and step out as near where you died as possible. If you are killed again before you take a long rest, though, you stay dead, so be careful.

Weapon Master-At level twenty, choose one of the following abilities:
-Melee Master-Any time you kill a creature with a melee weapon, regain HP equal to their CR. If you would gain more HP than you have lost, gain any excess as THP.
-Pistol Master-Once per short rest, you may make an additional attack with a pistol for each attack that hits on your turn. This continues until you run out of targets or have to reload.
-Shotgun Master-Any time someone is struck by a shotgun you wield, they are knocked back 10'.

Badass-At level one, you gain two extra HP per level, and halve all forced movement.

Power Up King-At level six, any consumable item you use lasts half again as long.

Hardier-At level ten, you gain an additional two HP per level. You may also use your reaction to completely cancel any forced movement.

Might Makes Right-At level fourteen, increase all physical stats current and max by 2, to a max of 30.

A Born Soldier-At level twenty, you may add twice your proficiency bonus to any attack roll you would normally add your proficiency to, but may only do so once per turn.

Speed Demon-At level one, you gain a 10' increase to your move speed.

MonkeyFish-At level six, you gain a swim speed and climb speed (spider climb) equal to your land speed. You also increase your move speed by 10'.

Fleet Action-At level ten, you can Dash or Disengage as a bonus action.

Wind Walker-At level ten, you can run along the air itself for limited periods of time. You gain a fly speed equal to your land speed, but must end your turn on a solid surface or fall. You also gain a 10' bonus to your move speed.

Faster Than The Rest-At level fourteen, you gain another 10' bonus to your land speed.

Flurry Of Blows-At level twenty, you can, once per short rest, make six attacks as a bonus action.

Doomguy's Arsenal

Armor

Light
-Mesh Jacket-AC 12+Dex mod
-Demonhide-AC 12+Dex mod, fire resistance
-Scout Power Armor-AC 13+Dex mod, +2 to Strength and Dexterity (max 30), +20' Move Speed, impose disadvantage on attacks of opportunity against you

Medium
-Flak Armor-AC 15+Dex mod (max 2)
-Ablative Armor-AC 16+Dex mod (max 2), as a reaction when struck in melee you may reduce your AC by 1 until you finish a rest to deal 4d10 bludgeoning and piercing damage to the attacker
-Power Armor-AC 16+Dex mod (max 3), +4 Strength (max 30)

Heavy Armor
-Riot Armor-AC 18
-Demolitionist Armor-AC 19, resistance to damage from explosives
-Tactical Dreadnought Armor-AC 20, +4 Strength (max 30), resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage

Shields
-Riot Shield-AC +2
-Force Shield-AC +2, immune to Magica Missile
-Power Shield-AC +3

Weapons

Light Melee
-Combat Knife-1d6 slashing or piercing, light, finesse
-Guache-1d10 slashing, light, finesse
-Lightsaber-2d8 radiant and slashing, light, finesse

Heavy Melee
-Sledgehammer-2d8 bludgeoning, heavy
-Gravhammer-3d6 bludgeoning, heavy, creatures struck must make a DC 14 Con save or halve speed for one turn
-Chainsaw-4d8 slashing

Pistols-Pistols take a bonus action to reload
-Holdout Pistol-1d6 piercing damage, range 80'/320', 6 bullet magazine
-Revolver-1d10 piercing damage, range 60'/240', 6 bullet capacity
-Raygun-2d6 radiant and necrotic damage, range 200'/800', 18 shots per energy pack

Shotguns-Shotguns take an action to reload
-Double Barreled-3d4 piercing damage, range 40'/160', 2 bullet capacity
-Super Shotgun-4d4 piercing damage, range 60'/240', 4 bullet capacity
-Obliterator-5d4 piercing damage, range 80'/320', 6 bullet capacity

Other Weapons
-BFG-10d10 damage of whatever type hurts most, range 100'/400', affects all targets in a 10' radius, 1 shot, requires an action to reload

Other Equipment

Healing Items
-Medkit-Bonus action to use on yourself or an adjacent ally. 3d4+3 HP healed.
-Big Medkit-Action to use on yourself or an adjacent ally. 5d4+5 HP healed.
-Advanced Medkit-Bonus action to use on yourself or an adjacent ally. 10d4+10 HP healed.

Other Items
-Berserk Pack-Enter a Rage as a Barbarian of your level. Bonus action to use. If used while in a rage of your own, double the bonus damage and gain the ability to make an attack on each of your turns as a bonus action.

Note: This class is wildly stronger than anything in the PHB. That... That should be obvious, I would hope. This is mainly meant to be used for fun, overpowered romps. Feel free to critique the class, of course, or make suggestions, but do note: It's not MEANT to be balanced. It's just meant to be fun.

Illven
2018-05-10, 10:19 PM
What happens if you fail death saves after stabilizing?

Goaty14
2018-05-10, 10:21 PM
I'm inclined to think that this is 5e, but mentioning a riot shield makes me think otherwise... mind a clarification for which edition this is for?

JNAProductions
2018-05-10, 10:21 PM
What happens if you fail death saves after stabilizing?

You fail the death save. So be careful-once you hit the threshold of death, even if you're stabilized, you die.

But, it does give you a chance of getting back up. 39/400 chance of rolling a 20 at level 1, and at level 7, with +3 to death saves, you have a... 36% chance of rolling a 20 or higher.

I'm inclined to think that this is 5e, but mentioning a riot shield makes me think otherwise... mind a clarification for which edition this is for?

Ah, hellpotatoes. I was working on this yesterday too, and forgot to add the 5E tag.

This is indeed a 5E class.

BaratheonFury
2018-05-11, 01:47 AM
you've got skills listed as any two physical saves, but other than that it seems cool.

RazDelacroix
2018-05-11, 01:47 PM
I feel like it's missing something... Essential... Something about ripping and tearing...

Now if you excuse me, I need to roll up a chainsaw wielding halfling girl Doomguy!

Jama7301
2018-05-11, 02:03 PM
Read through class description with the music from E1M1 playing. It enhanced the experience.

thereaper
2018-05-14, 11:22 AM
Ironically, this is probably still weaker than the Wizard at high levels. It is nevertheless amazing.

Knaight
2018-05-14, 11:51 AM
I'm not feeling it. There's some stuff missing (the movement speed boost being archetype limited, for instance), and others which go against the game - if anything death saves are something Doomguys shouldn't get, given that you don't recover from proper death in the games. They certainly don't need more of them.

Also, where are the automatic weapons at? The chaingun is such a distinctive Doom weapon, and it didn't make the equipment list.

Winthur
2018-05-14, 12:35 PM
I'm not feeling it. There's some stuff missing (the movement speed boost being archetype limited, for instance), and others which go against the game - if anything death saves are something Doomguys shouldn't get, given that you don't recover from proper death in the games. They certainly don't need more of them.

The Romero Principle: (1st level) Replaces I Don't Die. Upon perishing, the Doomguy's unwavering spirit rewinds time to try and overcome his challenge again. Upon death, all items worn by the Doomguy vanish from existence. Time is then rewinded to the beginning of the adventuring day during which Doomguy had died. Doomguy begins the new adventuring day at full health, regardless how much health he originally had after waking up. His new equipment lists consists of a standard issue UAC Armor, a pair of Brass Knuckles and a Pistol with 50 bullets. Whenever the Doomguy enters any room within 8 hours of this ability's triggering, allow Doomguy to make Search checks with a DC of 20. For each successful check, roll a 1d6 and consult the result with the following table.
1: Chainsaw
2: Shotgun (10 shells)
3: Chaingun (100 bullets)
4: Super Shotgun (10 shells)
5: Berserk Pack
6: Rocket Launcher (2 rockets)

Gorum
2018-05-15, 11:46 PM
1) You MUST incorporate "Too young to die", "Hurt me plenty", "Ultra-Violence" and "Nightmare" as ability names. If possibly in that order. The first one would cover his ability not to die, Ultra-Violence and Nightmare his weapon specialization / to Hell and back abilities.

2) Have the Doomguy have access to daemonic / Angelic cursed weaponry à la Hexen if you want to keep the D&D decorum.

DoomGuy's arsenal

1) Knuckleduster remains as is. Alternatively, the player could be left with a choice of 1-handed strength weapons.
1) Chainsaw could be an Hexteck artefact or a Bound, crazed and starved Kruthik.
2) Blackpowder pistol fits the bill here.
3) Shotgun / SuperShotgun: The Hellspark. Made from the parts of the anvil and hammer of a legendary fallen dwarven weaponsmith, it shatters the shards of metal fed to it and propels them toward one's foes.
4) Azata Hexteck Minigun, now with rainbow hues muzzlefire.
5) Angelic Auto-Crossbow whose bolts explode in radiant energy.
6) An helpless half-devil / half-blue dragon wyrmling strapped to a stick and fed demon soul crystals against its will.
7) The BFG. I'd have it as a device containing a Balor's sould and forcefeeding other demon souls in order to supercharge it, then compress it to force it to fire magnificient, apocalyptic destruction.

3) Have him get a mechanic where power-ups appear from battle performance. For instance, you could have foes downed to less than 0 but over -25% HP be alive yet unable to act. If such a foe is left 3 rounds without even taking a single point of extra damage, it goes back to 1 hp. If the DoomGuy finishes off the foe as a standard action, he gains health / ammo / a power-up.

4) I would have the armor(s) be part of the archetypes, Scout having the lighter versions, and then, in addition to other abilities, have the DoomGuy choose his own upgrades, a bit like a warlock chooses his abilities. The weaker abilities would bolster the Doomguy's AC a bit like how weaker feats still allow a character to gain one ability point.

Choices could include Resistance to some elements, the use of spells Xtimes / long rest, better physical skills, short term flight, an ability to generate temporary HP or an ability to pass a save in which the DoomGuy is proficient at a -25% max HP cost, etc.

Ziegander
2018-05-17, 12:52 AM
Doomguise.