PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creating the City of Brass

SulakAlNanna
2018-05-24, 12:50 PM
In my campaign I'm running (loosely based off the TV show Captain Planet) my players will be going to the Elemental plane of fire, very shortly, my problem is I have no idea how to visually recreate the city in Roll 20 nor how much content I should put into it, because the city is massive I know there's some stuff about the lore of the city but mostly about the history of the districts. I would appreciate any and all help I can get and appreciate you for taking the time to read this in advance.

Sincerely,

Sulak Al Nanna

Master Illusion Wizard of the High Argorian Court

M Placeholder
2018-05-24, 01:47 PM
In my campaign I'm running (loosely based off the TV show Captain Planet) my players will be going to the Elemental plane of fire, very shortly, my problem is I have no idea how to visually recreate the city in Roll 20 nor how much content I should put into it, because the city is massive I know there's some stuff about the lore of the city but mostly about the history of the districts. I would appreciate any and all help I can get and appreciate you for taking the time to read this in advance.

Sincerely,

Sulak Al Nanna

Master Illusion Wizard of the High Argorian Court

There is a map of the City of Brass in the Al-Qadim - Secrets of the Lamp accessory, as well as a guide to many places in the city too.

Unoriginal
2018-05-24, 01:55 PM
I'm not an expert in Roll20, but could you take a regular city's environment, put it in black-and-white with an image editor, then color the white in orange and red?

Crude, maybe, but fast, and IIRC the Roll20 engine isn't the best at handling complexe pics.

Thing to remember about the City of Brass is that it's a bustling metropolis controlled by very rich entities, and that it was built with lava and fire like other places use water.

SulakAlNanna
2018-05-24, 02:15 PM
There is a map of the City of Brass in the Al-Qadim - Secrets of the Lamp accessory, as well as a guide to many places in the city too.

was not aware of that thank you that will this should help with the lore and idea of the city, now just need to figure out the visual aspect lol