PDA

View Full Version : The coolest kids party

Charity
2007-09-06, 04:24 AM
Just so you know I am not advertising or in anyway affiliated with the following organisation.

Anywho I have just been invited... well my son has but I am tagging along :smallbiggrin: to my friends sons birthday.
My mate seems to up the ante every year with his parties, which is cool, I'm not competative about these things... just everything else.

Anyhow this (http://www.partytank.com/gallery.html) is where we're going/what we're doing. Yeah thats pretty cool right, the kids are 7/8 so some might question the wisdom of it but it certainly looks like a larf.

So whats the coolest (kids) party you've been to?

LCR
2007-09-06, 04:34 AM
Kart racing, I guess.

Lord Herman
2007-09-06, 05:01 AM
Whoooaaaaa...

Can I come too?

Archonic Energy
2007-09-06, 05:20 AM
Whoooaaaaa...

Can I come too?

that was my first thought too...

i went paintballing with a group of 8-10 Yr olds... they wern't bad (must have been all the firearm pratice they get on the streets:smallwink:)

one cried when she was hit in the.... bottom, other than that they were showing their brusies to each other and generally acting like adults do when paintballing.

the only restriction was they wern't allowed to purchace paint/smoke grenades or flashbangs.

wojonatior
2007-09-06, 05:46 AM
my best is go karts.

Arang
2007-09-06, 05:49 AM
That is the best birthday party idea of all time.

Which makes me sad, considering that the best birthday I was ever at was when we went out bowling. Ah, well. Good company is what matters, I guess. Who am I kidding? I want to drive a tank!

Brickwall
2007-09-06, 07:24 PM
The best party I ever went to was 5 of us at the birthday boy's house, we ate dinner, did the presents thing, played video games, and watched movies until we all fell asleep. Hooray.

I want a @&%$ing tank. :smallbiggrin:

Pepz
2007-09-06, 07:38 PM
ye gods, that tank is bloody awesome :D

coolest party I've been to was either go karts or going to a swimming paradise :smalltongue: in other words a lot of pools in one building with a load plastic palm trees around them, and even though it sounds lame, it really is cool :smallcool:

FdL
2007-09-06, 08:21 PM
I think it's a bad idea to have 7/8 year old kids glorify and generally play around a machine that is meant for killing people. But meh, that's just my two cents :smallwink:

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-06, 08:32 PM
The best kid's party I've ever been to?
Well, I went to my friend's house for her little brother's birthday party one time.
We had a Spiderman cake and we got party hats!

Wow... the little kids I know are lame. :smalltongue:

MandibleBones
2007-09-06, 08:39 PM
So they get to shoot bows, ride arround in an armored troop transport AND fire an AR-15?

Where was this when I was a kid?

FdL
2007-09-06, 09:08 PM
Where was this when I was a kid?

Umm, in a military base? Miscelaneous Middle East conflicts maybe?

(ok, that was cheap :p)

SurlySeraph
2007-09-06, 09:44 PM
Wow. And when I was their age, I thought getting a Laser Tag party was really cool. NOT FAIR!

Green Bean
2007-09-06, 09:51 PM
I'm an army brat. I didn't do that for just birthdays. (Thank you, Open House Day!) :smallbiggrin:

Thiel
2007-09-07, 12:00 AM
The coolest kid party?
That must've been when one of my friends turned 12.
His dad is in the army so we got to try out a number of different vehicles. (His dad did the driving)
The Mowag Piranha was so cool.

Pyro
2007-09-07, 07:29 AM
Probably karting. Whats interesting is once you get out of elementary school, most kids don't really have big birthday parties with friends. "Its just not cool anymore" so sayeth one of my friends.

Ranis
2007-09-07, 07:40 AM
The coolest party I ever had was when I had a bazillion friends in high school that all played Magic; everyone would pitch in for a booster box of cards for the birthday-ee(there were that many of us), and another to do a draft with, and all the cards went to the birthday-ee anyway. All in all, quite the fun.

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-07, 07:54 AM
Our family usually have our birthdays at a laser game place. It's freakin' awesome!

But I never get invited by people outside of my family :smallannoyed: :smallfrown: :smallmad:

I'm gonna go sulk for a bit...

Scorpina
2007-09-07, 09:03 AM
There were a lot of bowling parties when I was a wee girl, and the best ones also had Lazerquest. Mmm, I could go for some of that right now...

LCR
2007-09-07, 09:09 AM
I think it's a bad idea to have 7/8 year old kids glorify and generally play around a machine that is meant for killing people. But meh, that's just my two cents :smallwink:

I agree with you, war is something that is not to be glorified. I wouldn't let my kids play with that, although I would love to drive a tank.

Charity
2007-09-07, 09:36 AM
Good grief, get a grip, it's a ride in a tank playing soldier... glorifying war ... *sigh*

Are we glorifying war when we have sword fight?
If not why not?